Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Ads / movie trailers on Garfield movie DVD -----

Ads / movie trailers on Garfield movie DVD -----

whayface

Just purchased the Garfield movie DVD and see that they have it set up so that you have to
watch the ads / movie trailers. You can not fast forward or use the menu option until all
the ads / movie trailers are finished and the actual movie starts. Anyone else run into
this on any other DVD movies??

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

Mook23

"whayface" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Just purchased the Garfield movie DVD and see that they have it set up so

that you have to
> watch the ads / movie trailers. You can not fast forward or use the menu

option until all
> the ads / movie trailers are finished and the actual movie starts. Anyone

else run into
> this on any other DVD movies??
>

> ************************************************** ***
> E-mail address altered to foil spam.
> Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.
>
> ************************************************** ***

It's pretty common these days. Some people will actually rip and burn
another copy without the annoying **** at the beginning.

Matt Ackeret

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
whayface <News group please> wrote:
>Just purchased the Garfield movie DVD and see that they have it set up so that
>you have to watch the ads / movie trailers. You can not fast forward or use
>the menu option until all the ads / movie trailers are finished and the actual
>movie starts.

Can you use the chapter-advance button, or hit STOP then menu?

That works around some of them.

Personally, I'd say RETURN it for this reason and tell them that's why
you're returning it.

FAQmeister

"whayface" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Just purchased the Garfield movie DVD and see that they have it set
> up so that you have to watch the ads / movie trailers. You can not
> fast forward or use the menu option until all the ads / movie
> trailers are finished and the actual movie starts. Anyone else run
> into this on any other DVD movies??

But why would anyone even buy that terrible movie?

They ought to give it away if they're going to force you to sit through
their commercials.
--
Buford T. Justice
The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:

Mark W

"whayface" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Just purchased the Garfield movie DVD and see that they have it set up so
> that you have to
> watch the ads / movie trailers. You can not fast forward or use the menu
> option until all
> the ads / movie trailers are finished and the actual movie starts. Anyone
> else run into
> this on any other DVD movies??

Are any of the trailers worth watching? Compared with 'Garfield - the movie'
that is!