Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Digital 8 to DVD burning experience

Digital 8 to DVD burning experience

Bryan Berguson

Some of you may recall an earlier post of me asking for advice on the best
way to copy digital 8 tapes to DVD. Thanks to the advice I received here, I
was successful in making a copy.

I purchased from Crutchfield a Sony RDR-GX300.

I bought the Sony because it would record -R and +R formats. I don't think
it could have been much easier to make the copy. I plugged the DVD into the
power outlet,
connected the camcorder to the DVD with wires supplied with the camcorder,
followed the directions for making a copy from a VCR and started recording.

I think the exact steps were:
1. Plug in DVD to power outlet
2. put batteries in the remote
3. put DVD -R disk in DVD recorder
4. plug camcorder into power outlet (I didn't want to rely on the battery)
5. put tape in and rewind
6. press the "rec pause" button on DVD remote
7. press 'play' on camcorder and hit "rec pause" again on DVD remote

That was it! I didn't connect the DVD recorder to the TV, just the
camcorder and it worked great!

It took me all of 5 minutes to get started and then I let it record until
the tape was finished. Simple.
About 20 tapes to go and I should be finished....

Thanks again for your help!!!!

Bryan