Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Ed Wood: Did it come out today?

Ed Wood: Did it come out today?

One-Shot Scot

I didn't see it at Costco or Wal-Mart.

Anybody get the censored version today?

Does it have this Easter Egg:

In a 2-minute scene, Ed Wood (in his angora sweater) and Bela Lugosi are
sitting in Wood's office (with posters of _Citizen Kane_ and _Dracula_
on the wall). They decide that the only part that will make Lugosi a big
hit is Dracula, but unfortunately, Universal controls all of the rights
to Dracula.

From the Main Menu, go to Bonus Material.

Highlight the Right Arrow at the bottom of the screen and press Enter to
go to the second page.

Highlight "Deleted Scenes."

Press Enter.

Highlight "Que Sera Sera."

Press the right arrow key on your remote twice and the lightning bolt on
the upper right side of the screen will light up.

Press enter to watch the Easter Egg.

TB

"One-Shot Scot" wrote:

> I didn't see it at Costco or Wal-Mart.
>
> Anybody get the censored version today?

It's out. I saw dozens of copies on display at DVD Planet in Huntington
Beach, CA today.

> Does it have this Easter Egg:

Don't know. I have the dvd that came out in very limited quantities last
year.

T.B.

Douglas Bailey

One-Shot Scot wrote:
> Anybody get the censored version today?

"Censored"? What, exactly, is supposed to have been "censored" on the new
disc?

> Does it have this Easter Egg:

Yes, it does. Complete with "those bastards at Universal" and
"sons-of-bitches" references.

doug

--
"I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between..."
--Brian Eno

jayembee

"One-Shot Scot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I didn't see it at Costco or Wal-Mart.

I saw it at Best Buy today.

> Anybody get the censored version today?

Didn't buy it. I'm not a fan of Tim Burton.

-- jayembee

Michael Rogers

Nothing in the movie, a special feature about cross dressing was
deleted. It was something I could easily do without.

Best,
mike

Douglas Bailey wrote:

> One-Shot Scot wrote:
> > Anybody get the censored version today?

> "Censored"? What, exactly, is supposed to have been "censored" on the new
> disc?
>
> > Does it have this Easter Egg:

> Yes, it does. Complete with "those bastards at Universal" and
> "sons-of-bitches" references.
>
> doug
>
> --
> "I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between..."
> --Brian Eno

One-Shot Scot

"Douglas Bailey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> One-Shot Scot wrote:
> > Anybody get the censored version today?

> "Censored"? What, exactly, is supposed to have been "censored" on the
> new disc?

Sorry for the confusion. Only the special features were changed --
I think.

Please look in the special features and see if the new _Ed Wood_ DVD has
the 9min 25sec featurette entitled, "When Carol Met Larry." This
featurette was on the 2nd non-release.

One-Shot Scot

"jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "One-Shot Scot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I didn't see it at Costco or Wal-Mart.

> I saw it at Best Buy today.
>
> > Anybody get the censored version today?

> Didn't buy it. I'm not a fan of Tim Burton.
>
> -- jayembee

And I was beginning to think that _Ed Wood_ would NEVER make it to
Region 1 DVD.

This title is the last of the major Buena Vista DIVX-exclusive titles to
finally come out on DVD in Region 1.

Some other Buena Vista DIVX-exclusive titles which took a long time to
get a Region 1 release:

Jackie Brown

Edward Scissorhands

Alice in Wonderland

One-Shot Scot

"One-Shot Scot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Some other Buena Vista DIVX-exclusive titles which took a long time to
> get a Region 1 release:
>
> Jackie Brown
>
> Edward Scissorhands
>
> Alice in Wonderland

_Edward Scissorhands_ was actually a Fox DIVX-exclusive title.

Jeffy3

jayembee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message \\\\

.. I'm not a fan of Tim Burton.

Who told you that?

Douglas Bailey

One-Shot Scot wrote:
> Douglas Bailey wrote:

>> What, exactly, is supposed to have been "censored" on the new disc?

> [...] Please look in the special features and see if the new _Ed Wood_
> DVD has the 9min 25sec featurette entitled, "When Carol Met Larry." This
> featurette was on the 2nd non-release.

No, it's not there on the new disc. Is it a great loss?

doug