Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Question concerning PAL with Nero 6.

Question concerning PAL with Nero 6.

Wild Coyote

I have Nero 6, is there anyway to convert from PAL to NTSC when
burning a DVD using Nero 6?

Thanks. My help files are not loaded.

--
Still Howlin' at the Moon!

Wild Coyote
wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

Electric Fan Club

"Wild Coyote" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have Nero 6, is there anyway to convert from PAL to NTSC when
> burning a DVD using Nero 6?

No.

Ian.

DVDfanatico

I think you can get a region hacker that will work with any DVD-player at
www.dvdidle.com

HTH
-DVDfanatico

On 19 Oct 2004 15:56:41 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (DVDfanatico) wrote:

>I think you can get a region hacker that will work with any DVD-player at
>www.dvdidle.com
>
>HTH
>-DVDfanatico
>
>>Wild Coyote (E-Mail Removed)
>>Date: 10/18/2004 4:53 PM Pacific Standard Time
>>
>>I have Nero 6, is there anyway to convert from PAL to NTSC when
>>burning a DVD using Nero 6?
>>
>>Thanks. My help files are not loaded.
>>
>>--
>>Still Howlin' at the Moon!
>>
>>Wild Coyote
>>wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

I emailed them. There software knocks out the region codes, but I
don't know that it changes PAL to NTSC, which is a different format.

Thanks for the tip though.

--
Still Howlin' at the Moon!

Wild Coyote
wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

Darkknight

why do people always confuse Region and Pal/NTSC they are nothing to do
with each other. PAL/NTSC is the format of the video. Region is the
particular part of the world that a DVD is marketed/locked to

DVDfanatico wrote:

> I think you can get a region hacker that will work with any DVD-player at
> www.dvdidle.com
>
> HTH
> -DVDfanatico
>

>>Wild Coyote (E-Mail Removed)
>>Date: 10/18/2004 4:53 PM Pacific Standard Time
>>
>>I have Nero 6, is there anyway to convert from PAL to NTSC when
>>burning a DVD using Nero 6?
>>
>>Thanks. My help files are not loaded.
>>
>>--
>>Still Howlin' at the Moon!
>>
>>Wild Coyote
>>wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

jayembee

Wild Coyote <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I emailed them. There software knocks out the region codes, but I
> don't know that it changes PAL to NTSC, which is a different format.

Depends on what you're trying to do. Are you trying to rip a PAL DVD?
Or just trying to burn a PAL-encoded file as an NTSC disc?

I don't have a DVD burner, so I don't have Nero's DVD utility, but I
do know that you can burn a PAL file as an NTSC SVCD with Nero v.5.
That version lets you select the "encoding resolution" to PAL or NTSC.
Selecting NTSC causes the SVCD to burn as NTSC regardless of what
format the original file is. Perhaps Nero 6 has a similar option?

-- jayembee

Wild Coyote

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:50:48 +0930, Darkknight
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>why do people always confuse Region and Pal/NTSC they are nothing to do
>with each other. PAL/NTSC is the format of the video. Region is the
>particular part of the world that a DVD is marketed/locked to
>
>DVDfanatico wrote:
>
>> I think you can get a region hacker that will work with any DVD-player at
>> www.dvdidle.com
>>
>> HTH
>> -DVDfanatico
>>

>>>Wild Coyote (E-Mail Removed)
>>>Date: 10/18/2004 4:53 PM Pacific Standard Time
>>>
>>>I have Nero 6, is there anyway to convert from PAL to NTSC when
>>>burning a DVD using Nero 6?
>>>
>>>Thanks. My help files are not loaded.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Still Howlin' at the Moon!
>>>
>>>Wild Coyote
>>>wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

I don't know why. But, they do.

--
Still Howlin' at the Moon!

Wild Coyote
wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

Wild Coyote

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 04:24:20 GMT, jayembee
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Wild Coyote <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I emailed them. There software knocks out the region codes, but I
>> don't know that it changes PAL to NTSC, which is a different format.

>Depends on what you're trying to do. Are you trying to rip a PAL DVD?
>Or just trying to burn a PAL-encoded file as an NTSC disc?
>
>I don't have a DVD burner, so I don't have Nero's DVD utility, but I
>do know that you can burn a PAL file as an NTSC SVCD with Nero v.5.
>That version lets you select the "encoding resolution" to PAL or NTSC.
>Selecting NTSC causes the SVCD to burn as NTSC regardless of what
>format the original file is. Perhaps Nero 6 has a similar option?
>
>-- jayembee

I am trying to make a copy of a PAL DVD and when I make that copy
convert it to NTSC. What I am thinking of trying is copying the
contents to my hard drive and then see if I can burn from that source
as NTSC. Unfortunately, I am a bit over my head.

--
Still Howlin' at the Moon!

Wild Coyote
wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

Electric Fan Club

"DVDfanatico" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I think you can get a region hacker that will work with any DVD-player at
> www.dvdidle.com

That doesn't convert to NTSC.

But, Cyberlink PowerProducer does. And what is more you can download a try
before you buy version from:

<http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/d...l_id=138&ProdI
d=3>

HTH

Ian.

PAL to PAL Mickey Mouse DVD Video 8 01-30-2006 02:51 PM
Upgrade from OEM Nero to NERO Reloaded Or Get Roxio Supersonic bigredfred Computer Support 0 09-22-2005 12:07 AM
Nero's Pal conversion flawed? RichA DVD Video 0 02-05-2005 04:22 AM
pal-i and pal-b boon Computer Support 2 01-28-2004 10:37 PM
Removing Nero To install Nero 6 Gunjani Computer Support 6 09-08-2003 02:07 PM

Advertisments