Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > What program that will convert an AVI (downloaded movie) to a DVD?

What program that will convert an AVI (downloaded movie) to a DVD?

C. Osbourne

Now that DVD media and burners are becoming 'affordable', I've
taken the plunge and bought an internal 8X DVD burner. Since
I have been collecting movies in AVI format for years and would
like to convert some of this collection to DVD format, so I can
see them on a normal TV.

Can anyone suggest a simple process or even better yet, an
application that will accept an AVI program and write it to a DVD?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Mook23

"C. Osbourne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Now that DVD media and burners are becoming 'affordable', I've
> taken the plunge and bought an internal 8X DVD burner. Since
> I have been collecting movies in AVI format for years and would
> like to convert some of this collection to DVD format, so I can
> see them on a normal TV.
>
> Can anyone suggest a simple process or even better yet, an
> application that will accept an AVI program and write it to a DVD?
>
> Thanks for your suggestions.

I bought a burner for the same reason. My advice is to take another plunge
and get a player that can play the files directly. Conversion is a bitch
for the most part. Check out www.dvdrhelp.com for the details and 99% of
the software you'll need

nobody

Mook23 wrote:
> "C. Osbourne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>Now that DVD media and burners are becoming 'affordable', I've
>>taken the plunge and bought an internal 8X DVD burner. Since
>>I have been collecting movies in AVI format for years and would
>>like to convert some of this collection to DVD format, so I can
>>see them on a normal TV.
>>
>>Can anyone suggest a simple process or even better yet, an
>>application that will accept an AVI program and write it to a DVD?
>>
>>Thanks for your suggestions.
>>

> I bought a burner for the same reason. My advice is to take another plunge
> and get a player that can play the files directly. Conversion is a bitch
> for the most part. Check out www.dvdrhelp.com for the details and 99% of
> the software you'll need

WinAvi will do what you want.