Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Question - Babylon 5 disk problem

Question - Babylon 5 disk problem

Fire3Sky

I bought the Babylon 5 season four dvd set, and I returned it because the
fourth disc froze and skipped for about 10 seconds.

I exchanged it for a new set, and the fourth disc of the new set also has a
problem where it seems to freeze for about half a second - it is not a major
problem, but I would like to know if it will get worse - how can you tell if a
small problem is a symptom of DVD rot?

I can deal with a half-second freeze, I just don't want to try to play it five
years from now and find that the problem is worse.
I checked some reviews at Amazon.com, and other people have had problems with
this set, so I don't know if it would be worth it to try to return it again.

Fire3Sky

Aphelion

> I can deal with a half-second freeze, I just don't want to try to play it
> five
> years from now and find that the problem is worse.
> I checked some reviews at Amazon.com, and other people have had problems
> with
> this set, so I don't know if it would be worth it to try to return it
> again.

Isn't it just a layer change? Why buy those shitty B5 discs anyway, they
utterly ruin a great show.

Aphelion

jayembee

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Fire3Sky) wrote:

> I bought the Babylon 5 season four dvd set, and I returned it because the
> fourth disc froze and skipped for about 10 seconds.
>
> I exchanged it for a new set, and the fourth disc of the new set also has a
> problem where it seems to freeze for about half a second - it is not a major
> problem, but I would like to know if it will get worse - how can you tell if a
>s mall problem is a symptom of DVD rot?

It's most likely the layer change.

-- jayembee

Mike Harrison

jayembee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> (E-Mail Removed) (Fire3Sky) wrote:
>
> > I bought the Babylon 5 season four dvd set, and I returned it because the
> > fourth disc froze and skipped for about 10 seconds.
> >
> > I exchanged it for a new set, and the fourth disc of the new set also has a
> > problem where it seems to freeze for about half a second - it is not a major
> > problem, but I would like to know if it will get worse - how can you tell if a
> >s mall problem is a symptom of DVD rot?

> It's most likely the layer change.
>
> -- jayembee

Yeah, a couple of the Season 5 discs had a freeze at the layer change
for me, but only on my PC with WinDVD. Played fine on my Mac with
Apple's DVD Player.