Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > A few newbie questions

A few newbie questions

Atreju

I am a total noob at authoring DVDs.

I have many files in various Divx formats.I would like to convert
these onto DVDs.

I have tried DVDSanta, which worked ok, but I have 2 gripes:

1. It was SLOOOWWW. I don't know why it seems to take real-time to
convert. Should it not be able to accelerate the process given that it
is dealing with digital data? The burning was not bad, but the
conversion was terribly slow.

2. It doesn't accomodate anything nice in the way of menus.
Can someone recommend a good authoring program that can take the DVD
formatted files which have been created by DVDSanta, and setup a menu,
chapters, etc. for the DVD?

Any other advice or recommendations would be appreciated. I don't want
to get fancy with animated menus or anything like that, I just want to
pop in the movie and watch. The only thing I noticed which I would
like to fix is that using DVDSanta, the movie worked but if I pressed
the menu button on my DVD player, it went back to the beginning of the
movie. I suspect this is as I said before because of its lack of a
main menu facility.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

PS I have the following product which came with my burner, is it any
good:
Roxio CD/DVD Creator 6.
Seems very complicated to use.

---Atreju---