Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Ren and Stimpy Set Cut?

Ren and Stimpy Set Cut?

TB

Word is filtering out that the new Ren and Stimpy dvd set is unfortunately
taken from the Spike TV masters and several episodes are heavily cut. If so,
I'm glad I've heald on to my Time Life dvds. Can anyone confirm they are cut
or not?

T.B.

Arthur Bang

>Word is filtering out that the new Ren and Stimpy dvd set is unfortunately
>taken from the Spike TV masters and several episodes are heavily cut. If so,
>I'm glad I've heald on to my Time Life dvds. Can anyone confirm they are cut
>or not?

Yes, there are some cuts .. John K. confirmed it with TVShowsonDVD.com

Check out http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2290
Arthur Bang

In The Mix -- the best new music
streaming 24 hours a day
http://www.thepickle.net/
hosted by me...

Vlvetmorning98

>Yes, there are some cuts .. John K. confirmed it with TVShowsonDVD.com

damnit, and I sold my Time Life ones. What is this bullshit?>

Pug Fugley

Yes, they are cut. I cancelled my pre-order and will simply rent and copy
them. It's not worth a purchase.

"TB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Fhzad.6715$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Word is filtering out that the new Ren and Stimpy dvd set is unfortunately
> taken from the Spike TV masters and several episodes are heavily cut. If

so,
> I'm glad I've heald on to my Time Life dvds. Can anyone confirm they are

cut
> or not?
>
> T.B.

BlackFoliage

Vlvetmorning98 wrote:
>>Yes, there are some cuts .. John K. confirmed it with TVShowsonDVD.com

> damnit, and I sold my Time Life ones. What is this bullshit?>

Here is the text of John K's response from that link. Sounds like they
were cut by Nickelodeon and restored as best as possible.

If you've been visiting various Ren & Stimpy fan sites you may have
heard that there are cuts to the episodes in the box set. We contacted
Paramount to get the story, and they contacted John K and sent us his
response:

Subject: "RS DVD was produced by John K. Buy It you eediots!"

Hey folks

I'm as surprised as you are that there are still some edits in the
cartoons. Blame Nickelodeon years ago! Don't blame the producers of the DVD.

We put back every scene that I was aware was missing. Nick must have cut
more scenes out long after I stopped watching the show.

But, we put a lot of cool stuff back in that no one ever saw-scenes from
Sven Hoek that never aired-George Liquor's bobbed tail in Dog Show-hey
all of Man's Best Friend!

We also did lots of commentaries over the cartoons and there are
interviews with me and Eddie Fitzgerald, there is original artwork.

Buy this damn thing. I put in as much cool stuff as I could for you. Buy
it and maybe Spike will order new episodes!

Maybe I will consult with you to restore the episodes you found that
still has cuts and we'll put the missing scenes on a website for you, or
run them ouncut on Spkie.

If every show is not completely intact it's because long ago Nick
misplaced or lost the originals, but I restored the ones I knew had
cuts, ok?

So if you review the set on Amazon, say it's great and and talk about
the good stuff first! Then you can mention that there are still some
edits, but it's definitely worth getting!

Maybe we can have a chat about it tomorrow night if someone contacts me
to set it up.

Your pal,

John K.

argo

I could never understand why it went to Nickelodeon in the first place...
yeesh

"BlackFoliage" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:416be777$0$5688$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Vlvetmorning98 wrote:
>>>Yes, there are some cuts .. John K. confirmed it with TVShowsonDVD.com

>> damnit, and I sold my Time Life ones. What is this bullshit?>

> Here is the text of John K's response from that link. Sounds like they
> were cut by Nickelodeon and restored as best as possible.
>

> If you've been visiting various Ren & Stimpy fan sites you may have heard
> that there are cuts to the episodes in the box set. We contacted Paramount
> to get the story, and they contacted John K and sent us his response:
>
> Subject: "RS DVD was produced by John K. Buy It you eediots!"
>
> Hey folks
>
> I'm as surprised as you are that there are still some edits in the
> cartoons. Blame Nickelodeon years ago! Don't blame the producers of the
> DVD.
>
> We put back every scene that I was aware was missing. Nick must have cut
> more scenes out long after I stopped watching the show.
>
> But, we put a lot of cool stuff back in that no one ever saw-scenes from
> Sven Hoek that never aired-George Liquor's bobbed tail in Dog Show-hey all
> of Man's Best Friend!
>
> We also did lots of commentaries over the cartoons and there are
> interviews with me and Eddie Fitzgerald, there is original artwork.
>
> Buy this damn thing. I put in as much cool stuff as I could for you. Buy
> it and maybe Spike will order new episodes!
>
> Maybe I will consult with you to restore the episodes you found that still
> has cuts and we'll put the missing scenes on a website for you, or run
> them ouncut on Spkie.
>
> If every show is not completely intact it's because long ago Nick
> misplaced or lost the originals, but I restored the ones I knew had cuts,
> ok?
>
> So if you review the set on Amazon, say it's great and and talk about the
> good stuff first! Then you can mention that there are still some edits,
> but it's definitely worth getting!
>
> Maybe we can have a chat about it tomorrow night if someone contacts me to
> set it up.
>
> Your pal,
>
> John K.

Jordan Lund

"TB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Fhzad.6715$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Word is filtering out that the new Ren and Stimpy dvd set is unfortunately
> taken from the Spike TV masters and several episodes are heavily cut. If so,
> I'm glad I've heald on to my Time Life dvds. Can anyone confirm they are cut
> or not?

I taped them off Nickelodeon when they were first run, I'll check it
out tonight and let y'all know one way or the other.

- Jordan

Vlvetmorning98

>I could never understand why it went to Nickelodeon in the first place...
>yeesh

because there were no proper venues for such cartoons on American TV at the
time.

Alan Smithee

"Vlvetmorning98" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I could never understand why it went to Nickelodeon in the first place...
> >yeesh
> >

> because there were no proper venues for such cartoons on American TV at

the
> time.

What about MTV?

Alan Smithee
(Address altered to prevent spamming)

TB

"Alan Smithee" wrote:

> > >I could never understand why it went to Nickelodeon in the first

place...
> > >yeesh
> > >

> > because there were no proper venues for such cartoons on American TV at

> the
> > time.

> What about MTV?

At the time before R&S premiered, MTV was still broadcasting a fair amount
of music videos although they did run a R&S marathon around the 2nd season
which all the episodes were truly uncut. In fact, I think Stimpy's "fart"
episode was first shown on MTV during that marathon instead of on
Nickolodeon.

T.B.

ATAs and REN Mark UK VOIP 5 07-22-2005 10:23 AM
Ren and Stimpy DVD CivikMan DVD Video 2 01-12-2005 10:57 PM
Ren& Stimpy to be UNCUT! Galley DVD Video 0 07-20-2004 03:23 PM
Ren & Stimpy? Aphelion DVD Video 18 06-22-2004 02:12 PM
Ren and Stimpy Time/Life release? Jordan Lund DVD Video 4 09-20-2003 03:28 PM

Advertisments