Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Anyone Notice Netflix Not shipping fast anymore ?

Anyone Notice Netflix Not shipping fast anymore ?

Noah Jonze

"Reginald Dwight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <081020042219396362%(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Invid Fan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> given that those who have the speed of rentals increase or stay the
>> same don't say anything, it's a biased sample. If I mail three dvds
>> back the same day, they'll often arrive there on different day. Such is
>> life, and the same thing happens when dvds are mailed to me.

> Same here. And thanks for stating what I thought would be obvious to
> most.

Obvious? Dooods, you're not getting it. I'm not stoopid. If I mail back 3 at
the same time they all arrive at the same time, but LONGER than it used to
take. Always. Used to take 1 day. Now 2. Same for the returns. Always. In
fact, the lack of variation is one thing that made me suspicious. I live in
the same state as the distribution center so there is really no excuse for
it taking more than 1 day. Nothing else I mail in state takes more than a
day.

------
"Too many O-B-G-Y-N's aren't able to practice their, their LOVE with women
all across this country."
-- George W. Bush, campaign speech, 9/06/04
-------------------------------
"You know, I think about Missy Johnson. She's a fantastic lady I met in
Charlotte, North Carolina. She and her son Bryan, they came to see me. Her
husband PJ got killed. He'd been in Afghanistan, went to Iraq.
You know, it's hard work to try TO LOVE HER as best as I can, knowing full
well that the decision I made caused her loved one to be in harm's way. "
-- George W. Bush, first presidential debate, 9/30/2004

Reginald Dwight

In article <gaK9d.12356$(E-Mail Removed) >,
"Noah Jonze" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> given that those who have the speed of rentals increase or stay the
> >> same don't say anything, it's a biased sample. If I mail three dvds
> >> back the same day, they'll often arrive there on different day. Such is
> >> life, and the same thing happens when dvds are mailed to me.

> > Same here. And thanks for stating what I thought would be obvious to
> > most.

> Obvious? Dooods, you're not getting it. I'm not stoopid.

Fine. But how is what is being reported here not a biased sample?

Tarkus

On 10/8/2004 9:54:36 PM, Noah Jonze wrote:

> Obvious? Dooods, you're not getting it. I'm not stoopid. If I mail back
> 3 at the same time they all arrive at the same time, but LONGER than
> it used to take. Always. Used to take 1 day. Now 2. Same for the
> returns. Always. In fact, the lack of variation is one thing that made
> me suspicious. I live in the same state as the distribution center so
> there is really no excuse for it taking more than 1 day. Nothing else
> I mail in state takes more than a day.

And every single DVD I mail gets received the very next day. Returns
take one to two days, generally. So why am I not part of the conspiracy?
--
"This is Klahn's bodyguard - he is tough and ruthless.
This is Klahn's chauffeur - he is rough and toothless."

Oldguy

Tarkus wrote:
> On 10/8/2004 9:54:36 PM, Noah Jonze wrote:
>

>>Obvious? Dooods, you're not getting it. I'm not stoopid. If I mail back
>>3 at the same time they all arrive at the same time, but LONGER than
>>it used to take. Always. Used to take 1 day. Now 2. Same for the
>>returns. Always. In fact, the lack of variation is one thing that made
>>me suspicious. I live in the same state as the distribution center so
>>there is really no excuse for it taking more than 1 day. Nothing else
>>I mail in state takes more than a day.

> And every single DVD I mail gets received the very next day. Returns
> take one to two days, generally. So why am I not part of the conspiracy?

Well, the slow shipments may not be proof of a conspiracy, but back when
I first joined Netflix I complained of shipments slowdowns when they
opened a center in my state. They responded that the turnaround on my
returning DVDs was awfully fast (as if to imply I may be copying them).
When I responded that I was disabled and had nothing better to do than
watch all the DVDs I received in one day and have them back in the mail
the next, I didn't even get an apology.

However, in their defense: when DVDs were sent from the west coast they,
like a lot of bulk mail, may have likely been flown from city to city,
whereas in state shipments are more likely to go by truck.

Noah Jonze

"Tarkus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)9.com...
> On 10/8/2004 9:54:36 PM, Noah Jonze wrote:
>
>> Obvious? Dooods, you're not getting it. I'm not stoopid. If I mail back
>> 3 at the same time they all arrive at the same time, but LONGER than
>> it used to take. Always. Used to take 1 day. Now 2. Same for the
>> returns. Always. In fact, the lack of variation is one thing that made
>> me suspicious. I live in the same state as the distribution center so
>> there is really no excuse for it taking more than 1 day. Nothing else
>> I mail in state takes more than a day.

> And every single DVD I mail gets received the very next day. Returns
> take one to two days, generally. So why am I not part of the conspiracy?

Luck.

------

Noah Jonze wrote:
> "Tarkus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)9.com...
>
>>On 10/8/2004 9:54:36 PM, Noah Jonze wrote:
>>

>>>Obvious? Dooods, you're not getting it. I'm not stoopid. If I mail back
>>>3 at the same time they all arrive at the same time, but LONGER than
>>>it used to take. Always. Used to take 1 day. Now 2. Same for the
>>>returns. Always. In fact, the lack of variation is one thing that made
>>>me suspicious. I live in the same state as the distribution center so
>>>there is really no excuse for it taking more than 1 day. Nothing else
>>>I mail in state takes more than a day.

>>And every single DVD I mail gets received the very next day. Returns
>>take one to two days, generally. So why am I not part of the conspiracy?

Because you're an idiot?

> Luck.
>

> ------
> "Too many O-B-G-Y-N's aren't able to practice their, their LOVE with women
> all across this country."
> -- George W. Bush, campaign speech, 9/06/04
> -------------------------------
> "You know, I think about Missy Johnson. She's a fantastic lady I met in
> Charlotte, North Carolina. She and her son Bryan, they came to see me. Her
> husband PJ got killed. He'd been in Afghanistan, went to Iraq.
> You know, it's hard work to try TO LOVE HER as best as I can, knowing full
> well that the decision I made caused her loved one to be in harm's way. "
> -- George W. Bush, first presidential debate, 9/30/2004

Invid Fan

In article <pdS9d.15237$(E-Mail Removed)> , Noah
Jonze <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Tarkus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)9.com...
> > On 10/8/2004 9:54:36 PM, Noah Jonze wrote:
> >
> >> Obvious? Dooods, you're not getting it. I'm not stoopid. If I mail back
> >> 3 at the same time they all arrive at the same time, but LONGER than
> >> it used to take. Always. Used to take 1 day. Now 2. Same for the
> >> returns. Always. In fact, the lack of variation is one thing that made
> >> me suspicious. I live in the same state as the distribution center so
> >> there is really no excuse for it taking more than 1 day. Nothing else
> >> I mail in state takes more than a day.

> > And every single DVD I mail gets received the very next day. Returns
> > take one to two days, generally. So why am I not part of the conspiracy?

> Luck.

And you're having bad luck. See, problem solved. Maybe you should put a
horse shoe above your mailbox.

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

Noah Jonze

"Invid Fan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:091020041328529529%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > And every single DVD I mail gets received the very next day. Returns
>> > take one to two days, generally. So why am I not part of the
>> > conspiracy?

>> Luck.
>>

> And you're having bad luck. See, problem solved. Maybe you should put a
> horse shoe above your mailbox.

Nu-uh. No. You aren't having good luck with shipping. You are having good
luck in not setting off the red flag that will get your account put on a
slower shipping and receiving schedule.

As Oldguy pointed out, they are aware of who returns DVDs "too" quickly. I
work evenings. I receive my DVDs in late morning. I can watch one and return
it before the post office closes the same day on my way to work. They
obviously don't like to receive a DVD back only 2 days after they mailed it
out. But its not my fault; they made the rules. They should at least be
honest that there is a
cap on their 3 at a time membership. Then we wouldn't complain about how
sneaky they are.

------
"Too many O-B-G-Y-N's aren't able to practice their, their LOVE with women
all across this country."
-- George W. Bush, campaign speech, 9/06/04
-------------------------------
"You know, I think about Missy Johnson. She's a fantastic lady I met in
Charlotte, North Carolina. She and her son Bryan, they came to see me. Her
husband PJ got killed. He'd been in Afghanistan, went to Iraq.
You know, it's hard work to try TO LOVE HER as best as I can, knowing full
well that the decision I made caused her loved one to be in harm's way. "
-- George W. Bush, first presidential debate, 9/30/2004

Invid Fan

In article <oKV9d.6850$(E-Mail Removed)>, Noah Jonze
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Invid Fan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:091020041328529529%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>

> >> Luck.
> >>

> > And you're having bad luck. See, problem solved. Maybe you should put a
> > horse shoe above your mailbox.

> Nu-uh. No. You aren't having good luck with shipping. You are having good
> luck in not setting off the red flag that will get your account put on a
> slower shipping and receiving schedule.

I admit I'm not anal about returning things quickly, but I honestly
don't think it'd be worth their time to do that. If you really think
this is happening, cancel and re-subscribe with a different family
member's name.

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

Reginald Dwight

In article <oKV9d.6850$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Noah Jonze" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> As Oldguy pointed out, they are aware of who returns DVDs "too" quickly. I
> work evenings. I receive my DVDs in late morning. I can watch one and return
> it before the post office closes the same day on my way to work. They
> obviously don't like to receive a DVD back only 2 days after they mailed it
> out. But its not my fault; they made the rules. They should at least be
> honest that there is a
> cap on their 3 at a time membership. Then we wouldn't complain about how
> sneaky they are.

Errrm...I return "too quickly" just like you. They never change the
service speed on me other than to speed it up a few years back.