Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > The Grudge PG-13!

The Grudge PG-13!

rander3127

I was hoping it would be a bit stronger.
Movies with this kind of subject need to
be very well written in order to be effective
with a rating like that. There are few that
come to mind. It's SO much easier with
an R.

Zimmy

Yea, but how about those extras and DTS track!

"rander3127" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was hoping it would be a bit stronger.
> Movies with this kind of subject need to
> be very well written in order to be effective
> with a rating like that. There are few that
> come to mind. It's SO much easier with
> an R.

Mike Jackson

>I was hoping it would be a bit stronger.
> Movies with this kind of subject need to
> be very well written in order to be effective
> with a rating like that. There are few that
> come to mind. It's SO much easier with
> an R.

I bet the studio will have it both ways: the theatrical release will be
PG-13 to maximize ticket sales, and on DVD you'll get that cut and another
release that's either R or unrated. Just wait for the DVD; with ticket
prices and theater annoyances, it's almost better that way anyway.

Mike Jackson
Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
www.dvdverdict.com

rander3127

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 08:27:08 -0700, "Mike Jackson"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>I was hoping it would be a bit stronger.
>> Movies with this kind of subject need to
>> be very well written in order to be effective
>> with a rating like that. There are few that
>> come to mind. It's SO much easier with
>> an R.

>I bet the studio will have it both ways: the theatrical release will be
>PG-13 to maximize ticket sales, and on DVD you'll get that cut and another
>release that's either R or unrated. Just wait for the DVD; with ticket
>prices and theater annoyances, it's almost better that way anyway.
>
>Mike Jackson
>Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
>www.dvdverdict.com

I mistakenly posted that message her but what
you say makes alot of sense.
-Rich

Vlvetmorning98

who cares? the original was yet another overrated Japanese horror film that
American studios have inexplicably decided to remake

Jordan Lund

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Vlvetmorning9 wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> who cares? the original was yet another overrated Japanese horror film that
> American studios have inexplicably decided to remake

I thought the original Japanese creator was involved in the U.S.
production (a first.)

- Jordan

Vlvetmorning98

>I thought the original Japanese creator was involved in the U.S.
>production (a first.)
>
>- Jordan

this is true, but the original is nothing to scream about

Wade365

<< >I thought the original Japanese creator was involved in the U.S.
>production (a first.)
>
>- Jordan

this is true, but the original is nothing to scream about >><BR><BR>

Raimi and his buddies hired the original director and they decided to keep the
story in Japan, etc. but the truth is if you don't "get" Japanese ghost stories
(meaning, you at least try to see things the way they see them and not with
"More Gore" Western mentality), this isn't for you. Watching the original,
unless you've had some backround in Japanese culture, you're going to be
underwhelmed by what you see... but in Japan this series (yes, there are a
whole mess of movies and made-for-tv productions of this same story, just like
"The Ring") had great impact based on Japanese beliefs, for them the horror is
much more palpable concerning a haunting. The series did really well and yes,
Raimi and crew may be capitalizing on a fad by re-making a Japanese horror
movie, but from what I've read I tend to doubt it.

They paid for this guy to re-make his own film and give it greater distribution
because Raimi truly BELIEVES in the director... I'm sure if there were a way to
fit Sarah Michelle into the original (ala Raymond Burr?) some unscrupulous
weasel would have proposed that, but to allow all of the principle actors,
director, and even film crews work on their own creation? That's love.

Sam loves Japanese horror and he hopes you will too... just go into it with an
open mind and you may find chills where you least expect them.

Larry Gold

is the original any good?

--
Larry.gold
Arsenal For Life

"rander3127" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was hoping it would be a bit stronger.
> Movies with this kind of subject need to
> be very well written in order to be effective
> with a rating like that. There are few that
> come to mind. It's SO much easier with
> an R.

Jordan Lund

(E-Mail Removed) (Wade365) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...

> Sam loves Japanese horror and he hopes you will too... just go into it with an
> open mind and you may find chills where you least expect them.

PG-13 or not, that shower scene in the commercial with the knuckles
poking out the back of her head gave me the permanent creeps.

- Jordan