Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Fearless Vampire Killers DVD Comments

Fearless Vampire Killers DVD Comments

TB

I picked up "The Fearless Vampire Killers" today and after a cursory
comparison with the old MGM laserdisc, I have to say someone at Warner Bros
went overboard with the color correcting on the new dvd as much of the film
is quite dark and many of the night scenes, especially at the very beginning
have a far too "blue" look, obviously to compensate for the original film's
"day for night" photography. It's a shame as the dvd's transfer otherwise
looks excellent.

Also, while the short promo for the film's release is a nice bonus, it's a
shame the laserdisc's much more interesting Sharon Tate short promo and the
original title sequence wasn't included in the new dvd.

It's nice that thsi title is finally available on dvd, but it's not a
perfect package.

T.B.

Matt Ferrari

"TB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dQI8d.3694$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I picked up "The Fearless Vampire Killers" today and after a cursory
> comparison with the old MGM laserdisc, I have to say someone at Warner

Bros
> went overboard with the color correcting on the new dvd as much of the

film
> is quite dark and many of the night scenes, especially at the very

beginning
> have a far too "blue" look, obviously to compensate for the original

film's
> "day for night" photography. It's a shame as the dvd's transfer otherwise
> looks excellent.
>
> Also, while the short promo for the film's release is a nice bonus, it's a
> shame the laserdisc's much more interesting Sharon Tate short promo and

the
> original title sequence wasn't included in the new dvd.
>
> It's nice that thsi title is finally available on dvd, but it's not a
> perfect package.
>
> T.B.

I didnt think it was ever gonna be released here.
I bought the brazil released one. Not a bad product
it does have that opening sequence on it. The menu screen
is a little annoying as it has these electrical zapping sounds intentional
put on there.

Matt

vidrare

All of the extras that were on the Laserdisc and NOT on the dvd are
available on DVD-R. This includes the alternate (And very funny) animated
titles, The Sharon Tate promo short (What a babe she was) and 10
Dracula/Vampire Trailors! $10. over thirty minutes of fun. which includes
shipping. Anyone interested? Brilliant quality. Thanks, John/vidrare

TB

"vidrare" wrote:

> All of the extras that were on the Laserdisc and NOT on the dvd are
> available on DVD-R. This includes the alternate (And very funny) animated
> titles, The Sharon Tate promo short (What a babe she was) and 10
> Dracula/Vampire Trailors! $10. over thirty minutes of fun. which includes
> shipping. Anyone interested? Brilliant quality. Thanks, John/vidrare

Thanks. I still have my laserdisc of this title.

T.B.