Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New Releases: ROTK-X, Fox 2-Packs & Criterion: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

New Releases: ROTK-X, Fox 2-Packs & Criterion: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Doug MacLean

While the release date has been known for sometime, the official UPCs have
been announced by New Line for the December 14th release of the extended
version of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Similar to the last two
releases there will be both a gift set and a regular release. The gift set
retails for $79.95 with $39.95 set for the list price of the regular
edition. You can also get the three pack of all extended editions for
$199.99. The extras where announced as including:
50 Minutes of New and Extended Scenes Added by Director Peter Jackson
New Score by Howard Shore
Over 300 New Digital Effects.
Commentaries
Documentaries
Interactive Maps
Featuring In-Depth Interviews with the Cast and Crew
Behind the Scenes Footage Captured During Filming, at Weta Workshop
Production Meetings and at the Film's Premieres Around the World

The Gift set also includes:
Minas Tirith Polystone 2 piece statue signed by director Peter Jackson.
Exclusive Bonus DVD: Creating The Lord Of The Rings Symphony by Howard
Shore: 52 minute program featuring Academy Award winning composer Howard
Shore conducting the Montreal Symphony Orchestra

It also looks like the Two Towers Extended edition gift set will be
discontinued shortly.

Fox has a number of two film box sets set for release on December 28th. All
the technical specifications are identical to the original single film
releases. Included are:
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Stuck On
You (Widescreen) (Back-To-Back)
Garfield: The Movie / Garfield As Himself (Back-To-Back)
Garfield: The Movie / Cheaper By The Dozen (2003) (Back-To-Back)
Day After Tomorrow (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / X2: X-Men United
(Widescreen) (Back-To-Back)
Day After Tomorrow (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Master And Commander: The
Far Side Of The World (Widescreen) (Back-To-Back)
Day After Tomorrow (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Independence Day (1-Disc
Special Edition/ Widescreen) (Back-To-Back)
Garfield: The Movie / Ice Age (Special Edition) (Back-To-Back)
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Super
Troopers (Special Edition) (Back-To-Back)
Man On Fire (Special Edition) / Antwone Fisher (Special Edition/ Widescreen)
(Back-To-Back)
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Office
Space (Widescreen) (Back-To-Back)
Garden State (Special Edition)
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / There's
Something About Mary (Collector's Ed.) (Back-To-Back)
Garfield: The Movie / Ice Age (Special Edition) (Side-By-Side)
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Office
Space (Widescreen) (Side-By-Side)
Man On Fire (Special Edition) / Transporter (Special Edition) (Side-By-Side)
Garfield: The Movie / Cheaper By The Dozen (2003) (Side-By-Side)
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / There's
Something About Mary (Collector's Ed.) (Side-By-Side)
Man On Fire (Special Edition) / Antwone Fisher (Special Edition/ Widescreen)
(Side-By-Side)
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Stuck On
You (Widescreen) (Side-By-Side)
Day After Tomorrow (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / X2: X-Men United
(Widescreen) (Side-By-Side)
Garfield: The Movie / Home Alone (Back-To-Back)
Man On Fire (Special Edition) / The Siege (Side-By-Side)
Day After Tomorrow (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Master And Commander: The
Far Side Of The World (Widescreen) (Side-By-Side)
Garfield: The Movie / Garfield As Himself (Side-By-Side)
Day After Tomorrow (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Independence Day (1-Disc
Special Edition/ Widescreen) (Side-By-Side)
Man On Fire (Special Edition) / Courage Under Fire (Special Edition)
(Side-By-Side)
Garfield: The Movie / Home Alone (Side-By-Side)
Man On Fire (Special Edition) / Transporter (Special Edition) (Back-To-Back)
Man On Fire (Special Edition) / The Siege (Back-To-Back)
Man On Fire (Special Edition) / Courage Under Fire (Special Edition)
(Back-To-Back)
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Super
Troopers (Special Edition) (Side-By-Side)
Each set will retail for $39.98.

BMG Music will release Britney Spears: Greatest Hits: My Prerogative on
November 9th listing for $19.98.

Sony Music has somethig for Harry Connick fans. On October 19th they have:
Harry Connick, Jr.: Harry For the Holidays
Harry Connick, Jr.: Harry For the Holidays (DVD/CD Combo)
Harry Connick, Jr.: Harry For the Holidays (DVD/CD Combo/ Jewel Case)
Harry Connick, Jr.: Only You: In Concert (DVD/CD Combo)
Harry Connick, Jr.: Only You: In Concert (DVD/CD Combo/ Jewel Case)
List price for each is $21.98.

Goldhil Home Video has some instructional DVDs for the musician in you.
Play Guitar Overnight: Basics
Play Guitar Overnight: Rock
Play Harmonica Overnight
Play Harmonica Overnight (with/ Harmonica)
Play Piano Overnight
Play Piano Overnight: The Blues
Each disc will have a suggested price of $24.95.

MGM/UA has some $14.98 flick set for release on January 25th:
Fall (1997)
Jeremy
Nobody's Fool (1986)
Paperback Romance
Anna Lucasta

They also has the television movie on the life of Martin Luther King, King,
set for release on January 11th.

Criterion will release King Of Kings on December 7th. The initial
specifications indicate Dolby 5.1 audio and anamorphic 2.35:1 video listing
for $39.95. The have also announced a couple of titles that are now
discontinued:
Blood For Dracula (Special Edition)
Flesh For Frankenstein (Special Edition)

Home Vision has announced for release on December 21st:
Hester Street
Mikey And Nicky
Both will list for $29.95.

On November 9th Warner Brothers will release Before Sunrise / Before Sunset
listing for $35.98.

Publishers Group West has several DVDs due on January 4th for the arm chair
travelers, each listing for $19.95:
Rick Steves' Europe: Britain
Rick Steves' Europe: Eastern Europe
Rick Steves' Europe: France And Benelux
Rick Steves' Europe: Germany, Swiss Alps And Travel Skills (2005)
Rick Steves' Europe: Ireland
Rick Steves' Europe: Italy (2005)
Rick Steves' Europe: Spain And Portugal

in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
contains 51,030 titles. Changes and additions this week number 402 and there
are 2,511 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

Current previews include Day After Tomorrow. Recent reviews include Star
Wars Trilogy, THX-1138, Videodrome, Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind,
Saved!, I Wanna Hold your Hand, The Punisher, Magnum Season 1, Columbo
Season 1, American Dreams Season 1, Duel, Sugarland Express, Goodfellas,
Kill Bill Volume 2, Predator, Law & Order S14, Law & Order SVU 5, Law &
Order CI S3, I Married a Monster from Outer Space and Night Gallery.
Updates to the DVD database, including release specifications usually made
twice daily.

Please stop by and visit.
Thank you.

Doug MacLean
http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

jayembee

"Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Criterion will release King Of Kings on December 7th. The initial
> specifications indicate Dolby 5.1 audio and anamorphic 2.35:1 video listing
> for $39.95.

Someone's confused. The version of KING OF KINGS that Criterion's
releasing in December is DeMille's 1927 version.

http://www.criterionco.com/asp/release.asp?id=266

It's 1.33:1, not 2.35:1. And it has DD1.0 Mono, not 5.1.

Looks like someone took the specs for Warner's 1961 version.

-- jayembee

Doug MacLean

"jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Criterion will release King Of Kings on December 7th. The initial
> > specifications indicate Dolby 5.1 audio and anamorphic 2.35:1 video

listing
> > for $39.95.

> Someone's confused. The version of KING OF KINGS that Criterion's
> releasing in December is DeMille's 1927 version.
>
> http://www.criterionco.com/asp/release.asp?id=266
>
> It's 1.33:1, not 2.35:1. And it has DD1.0 Mono, not 5.1.
>
> Looks like someone took the specs for Warner's 1961 version.
>
> -- jayembee

Thank you very much. Too much manual entry got to me. I sit corrected and
will adjust the database. Again, many thanks.

--

Doug MacLean
Home Theater Info