Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Updating MCSE NT to MCSE 2003

Updating MCSE NT to MCSE 2003

Pungie

I need to know the best upgrade path to get to MCSE 2003.
I currently have a MCSE NT4 cert. My 2 electives are
Exchange 5.5 and TCP/IP. A little old... haha

I have taken the Win2K Pro and Server exams (70-210 and 70-
215)

What is quickest path to upgrading to a MCSE 2003 cert?
What exams do I need to take?

I already have material for the Win2K Network
Infrastructure Exam? Can this count towards my 2003 cert.

Electives do not appear to be necessary any longer. Is
this right?

Last but not least... what is the quickest way to obtain
my MCP ans MCSE IDs? It's been so long sice I've needed
them I don't know what they are.

Thanks for your help.

Andy Ruth [MS]

Great! It really depends on what you are working with now and what you want
to do. For you, an easy path is to obtain the MCSA for Windows 2000
certification. At that point you are qualified to take the 70-292 exam have
have MCSA for Windows Server 2003. For the MCSE you can take it on either
platform and it becomes a matter of what platforms you are using and what
you are most comfortable with. Good luck!

--
Andy Ruth
Microsoft Training and Certification

rights.

"Pungie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:048501c3555b$d3a337e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I need to know the best upgrade path to get to MCSE 2003.
> I currently have a MCSE NT4 cert. My 2 electives are
> Exchange 5.5 and TCP/IP. A little old... haha
>
> I have taken the Win2K Pro and Server exams (70-210 and 70-
> 215)

> What is quickest path to upgrading to a MCSE 2003 cert?
> What exams do I need to take?
>
> I already have material for the Win2K Network
> Infrastructure Exam? Can this count towards my 2003 cert.
>
> Electives do not appear to be necessary any longer. Is
> this right?
>
> Last but not least... what is the quickest way to obtain
> my MCP ans MCSE IDs? It's been so long sice I've needed
> them I don't know what they are.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Pungie

Where do I go to update the info on my Microsoft
Certification Profile?

It's been so long since I used my Microsoft ID's, I'm not
sure what they are. How do I find out what my MCP ID # or
MCSE ID # are?

I sent an email to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) Is there a
quicker way to get my ID #s?

we send out welcome
>kits when you obtain a certification. When you achieve

the certification
>you'll receive a welcome email (to the email account you

have in your
>Microsoft certification profile; make sure it is correct)

giving you access
>to the site where you can request a welcome package.
>
>--
>Andy Ruth
>Microsoft Training and Certification

confers no
>rights.
>
>"Pungie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:0be401c355ef$9a3eaf90$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Thanks for the reply. Let me know if this is correct.
>>
>> I have a MCSE NT4 with Exchange and TCPIP as Electives.
>> Also I have taken 70-210(Admin W2K Pro) and 70-215(Admin
>> W2K Svr)
>>
>> If I take 70-218 (Managing W2K Network)I will have a

MCSA

http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/m...equirements.as
>> Is this correct?
>>
>> Then I can Upgrade to MCSA in Win 2003 by taking the
>> upgrade exam 70-292 (Managing and Maintaining Win 2003

for
>> MCSA W2K)
>>
>> Correct?
>>

>> Finally for the jump to MCSE 2003 I need to take:
>> 70-293(Planning and Maintaining WinSvr 2003 Network
>> Infrastructure)
>> 70-294(Planning, Implementing and Maintaining WinSvr2003
>> AD Infrastructure)
>> 70-221(Design W2K Network Infrastructure)...I already

have

http://www.microsoft.com/Traincert/m...indows2003/mcs
>> a.asp
>>
>> As for an elective for MCSE WinSvr2003, my MSCE NT4

should
>> take care of this requirement right? It appears this

way

http://www.microsoft.com/Traincert/m...windows2003/nt.
>> asp
>>
>> In summary the exams I need to take are
>> 70-218
>> 70-292
>> 70-293
>> 70-294
>> 70-221
>>

>> Sorry to be such a detail freak about this. I would

just
>> hate to waste time on the wrong exam. Or even worse...
>> think I've taken all my exams and then wait for 6 months
>> for my certificate only to be told I am missing an exam.
>> Stupid me... this happend with my CNE5
>>
>> I hope I have this right. Please let me know. Thanks

and
>> confers no
>> >rights.
>> >
>> >"Pungie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:048501c3555b$d3a337e0$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> 2003.

and
>> 70-

cert?

>> cert.

Is

obtain

needed

>> >.
>> >

>.

Andy Ruth [MS]

That would be the quickest way to get it. They should respond to you within
a day and will be able to provide you that information.

--
Andy Ruth
Microsoft Training and Certification

rights.

news:076301c35629$c7956350$(E-Mail Removed)...