Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > why (widescreen tv)

why (widescreen tv)

dvdguy2@webtv.net

with a widescreen tv, people I know set it to either stretch or crop 4:3
material to 16:9 widescreen so that the picture is either 1. stretched
out (distorted) to fill the screen or 2. zoomed in to fill the screen,
so that you're missing a bunch of the 4:3 picture. including past
seasons of "Smallville" which aired in 4:3 on analog tv.

So what I want to know is why these same people, now that Smallville is
regularly aired in letterboxed widescreen on analog tv, change the
setting to normal 4:3 when widescreen letterbox" Smallville comes on so
that there's both black bars at the top and bottom AND grey bars on the
sides. (bars on all 4 sides!!!) and then switch the tv mode back to
widescreen mode when 4:3 material comes back on?

I just don't understand that.

And people in this newsgroup call me "crazy".

Richard C.

You know a lot of stupid people.

But, that makes sense........
news:(E-Mail Removed)...