Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Star Wars Easter Eggs.

Star Wars Easter Eggs.

One-Shot Scot

How did they ever find this stuff ?!?

May the farce be with you. @(^_~)@

Star Wars Trilogy
On 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment/Lucasfilm's release of the
original 'Star Wars Trilogy' you can once again find a cool little
hidden feature.

To find it insert the fourth disc of the set, the one containing all the
special features. From the Main Menu go to the 'Video Games and Still
Galleries' section. On the following screen use your remote control to
type '11' and then press the 'Enter' key. Depending on your DVD player
model you may have to press the '10+' and then the '1' key. Next, type
'3' followed by the 'Enter' key and then '8' once again followed by
'Enter.' This will give you access to an almost 5-minute long blooper
reel with the DVD credits, consisting of hilarious clips from all three
films.

All three movies also have three different kinds of menus that are
selected at random when you boot up the disc. If you want to switch to
any particular menu set, you can do so with a little trick, too. To get
the first menu, simply press the 'Audio' button on your remote control
while the FBI logo is visible. To boot up the second menu, press the '2'
button during the FBI screen and in order to get to the third menu
layout, press '12' - it may be '10+' and '2' depending on your player -
and then press the '2' button once again. This Easter Egg is a
contribution from our reader Terribly Mauled and Drew Denson.

http://www.dvdreview.com/eastereggs/collect/624.html

Chris4V

wow

Meng

One-Shot Scot wrote:

> To find it insert the fourth disc of the set, the one containing all the
> special features. From the Main Menu go to the 'Video Games and Still
> Galleries' section. On the following screen use your remote control to
> type '11' and then press the 'Enter' key. Depending on your DVD player
> model you may have to press the '10+' and then the '1' key. Next, type
> '3' followed by the 'Enter' key and then '8' once again followed by
> 'Enter.' This will give you access to an almost 5-minute long blooper
> reel with the DVD credits, consisting of hilarious clips from all three
> films.

Has the dictionary definition of "hilarious" changed to "mildly amusing
at best"?

Jake

1138, George Lucas....ring a bell?

"One-Shot Scot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How did they ever find this stuff ?!?
>
> May the farce be with you. @(^_~)@
>

> Star Wars Trilogy
> On 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment/Lucasfilm's release of the
> original 'Star Wars Trilogy' you can once again find a cool little
> hidden feature.
>
> To find it insert the fourth disc of the set, the one containing all the
> special features. From the Main Menu go to the 'Video Games and Still
> Galleries' section. On the following screen use your remote control to
> type '11' and then press the 'Enter' key. Depending on your DVD player
> model you may have to press the '10+' and then the '1' key. Next, type
> '3' followed by the 'Enter' key and then '8' once again followed by
> 'Enter.' This will give you access to an almost 5-minute long blooper
> reel with the DVD credits, consisting of hilarious clips from all three
> films.
>
> All three movies also have three different kinds of menus that are
> selected at random when you boot up the disc. If you want to switch to
> any particular menu set, you can do so with a little trick, too. To get
> the first menu, simply press the 'Audio' button on your remote control
> while the FBI logo is visible. To boot up the second menu, press the '2'
> button during the FBI screen and in order to get to the third menu
> layout, press '12' - it may be '10+' and '2' depending on your player -
> and then press the '2' button once again. This Easter Egg is a
> contribution from our reader Terribly Mauled and Drew Denson.
>
> http://www.dvdreview.com/eastereggs/collect/624.html

Rutgar

<snip>

All of this hidden menu crap is why all three disks freeze up on the
main menus on my Pioneer Elite DV-47a. Again, the old rule applies;
Keep It Simple Stupid.

- Rutgar

Impmon

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:02:55 -0700, "One-Shot Scot" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>How did they ever find this stuff ?!?

[snip]

>To find it insert the fourth disc of the set, the one containing all the
>special features. From the Main Menu go to the 'Video Games and Still
>Galleries' section. On the following screen use your remote control to
>type '11' and then press the 'Enter' key. Depending on your DVD player
>model you may have to press the '10+' and then the '1' key. Next, type
>'3' followed by the 'Enter' key and then '8' once again followed by
>'Enter.' This will give you access to an almost 5-minute long blooper
>reel with the DVD credits, consisting of hilarious clips from all three
>films.

11-3-8... hmmm... THX 1138?

Sometimes the secret code is pretty obvious. ^_^ other time someone
may have picked apart the DVD in their computer and combed over the
menu code to find secrets.

WinField

Impmon wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:02:55 -0700, "One-Shot Scot" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>How did they ever find this stuff ?!?

> [snip]

[snip again]

> 11-3-8... hmmm... THX 1138?
>
> Sometimes the secret code is pretty obvious. ^_^ other time someone
> may have picked apart the DVD in their computer and combed over the
> menu code to find secrets.

Is this really what happens? (like that scene in Space_Balls where the
bad guys are "combing" the desert ... ha!)

Seems the studio/folks-in-the-know just "leak" this info and it gets
passed around.

DVD combers of the world - make yourselves known! {Winf}

Impmon

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:13:02 -0700, WinField <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Seems the studio/folks-in-the-know just "leak" this info and it gets
>passed around.

hmmm... that too

WinField

Impmon wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:02:55 -0700, "One-Shot Scot" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>How did they ever find this stuff ?!?

> [snip]

[more snip]