Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > NEC 3500 V Pioneer DVR-108

NEC 3500 V Pioneer DVR-108

Topper

I'm after a new writer and was wondering which would be the better of the
two. Ive had a 106 and believed they were the best but someone said that NEC
have taken over with the newer models is this true?

Pug Fugley

Nope, Pioneer is the king by a large margin.

"Topper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cj6jne$8v8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm after a new writer and was wondering which would be the better of the
> two. Ive had a 106 and believed they were the best but someone said that

NEC
> have taken over with the newer models is this true?

Herbert West

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:27:48 GMT, "Pug Fugley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Nope, Pioneer is the king by a large margin.

Has anybody come up with a comprehensive report of the diferences
between the 108 and the A08?

Are they fundamentally different enough to make the A08 worth nearly
twice the price of the "no-frills" model? Especially any differences
in the actual optics and mechanics directly related to the burning and
reading of media?

I know they incorporate extra stuff to make the A08 quieter, but the
fact that the A08 requires different firmware makes me suspect that
it's quite a different machine. I'd hate to be purchasing a 108 based
on reviews of a product (A0 that was quite different and potentially
far superior to it.

>"Topper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:cj6jne$8v8$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm after a new writer and was wondering which would be the better of the
>> two. Ive had a 106 and believed they were the best but someone said that

>NEC
>> have taken over with the newer models is this true?

`

Pioneer and NEC to showcase blue-laser DVD drives in December Allan DVD Video 0 11-26-2005 02:27 PM
OCZ DDR PC-3500 Gold Gamer eXtreme @ Viperlair Silverstrand Front Page News 3 09-15-2005 06:39 AM
NEC 3500 E.F. DVD Video 3 12-23-2004 12:00 AM
Has anyone used NEC Bin Patcher to patch NEC based firmware? ... how to use? Toss DVD Video 0 12-22-2003 11:42 AM

Advertisments