Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > SW Trilogy best price

SW Trilogy best price

Frohike

$36.99 at Fry's on Tuesday. Is this the best B&M price out there? Gracias.

JWB

"Frohike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fWj3d.17401$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> $36.99 at Fry's on Tuesday. Is this the best B&M price out there? Gracias.

I noticed none of the circulars I got today mentioned a price. Never saw
that before. Best Buy, Target, Toys R Us... no price.

zoltan47

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 14:17:48 -0400, "JWB" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Frohike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:fWj3d.17401$(E-Mail Removed). com...
>> $36.99 at Fry's on Tuesday. Is this the best B&M price out there? Gracias.

>I noticed none of the circulars I got today mentioned a price. Never saw
>that before. Best Buy, Target, Toys R Us... no price.

CompUSA's circular lists it as $39.99.

JWB

"zoltan47" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 14:17:48 -0400, "JWB" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>"Frohike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:fWj3d.17401$(E-Mail Removed) .com...
>>> $36.99 at Fry's on Tuesday. Is this the best B&M price out there?
>>> Gracias.

>>I noticed none of the circulars I got today mentioned a price. Never saw
>>that before. Best Buy, Target, Toys R Us... no price.
>>

> CompUSA's circular lists it as $39.99.

Don't have one of them around here. But thanks, because it at least gives me
an idea of what it will be.

Edward Curtis

In article <fWj3d.17401$(E-Mail Removed) >, Frohike
says...
> $36.99 at Fry's on Tuesday. Is this the best B&M price out there? Gracias.

FYE has it for $49.99 with a $15 mail-in rebate which makes the net price
$34.99. I preordered with them.

Edward

JWB

"Edward Curtis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <fWj3d.17401$(E-Mail Removed) >, Frohike
> says...
>> $36.99 at Fry's on Tuesday. Is this the best B&M price out there?
>> Gracias.

> FYE has it for $49.99 with a $15 mail-in rebate which makes the net price
> $34.99. I preordered with them.

The FYE's around here are extremely expensive on DVD's (and everything else,
really), with a scant few low priced items to entice. How they stay in
business is beyond me.

Edward Curtis

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, JWB says...
> "Edward Curtis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > In article <fWj3d.17401$(E-Mail Removed) >, Frohike
> > says...
> >> $36.99 at Fry's on Tuesday. Is this the best B&M price out there?
> >> Gracias.

> > FYE has it for $49.99 with a $15 mail-in rebate which makes the net price
> > $34.99. I preordered with them.

> The FYE's around here are extremely expensive on DVD's (and everything else,
> really), with a scant few low priced items to entice. How they stay in
> business is beyond me.

Sam Goody isn't much better, and for that reason I'm about to let my
Replay membership with them expire. They have decent prices on 1 or 2-
disc DVD sets, but they insist on charging FULL RETAIL for box sets that
aren't new releases. SG wanted $70 for Indy Jones; I got it at K-Mart
for $50.

We're getting a Target and a Best Buy here (Morgantown, WV) in 2005.

Edward

JWB

"Edward Curtis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, JWB says...
>> "Edward Curtis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> > In article <fWj3d.17401$(E-Mail Removed) >, Frohike
>> > says...
>> >
>> > FYE has it for $49.99 with a $15 mail-in rebate which makes the net
>> > price
>> > $34.99. I preordered with them.

>> The FYE's around here are extremely expensive on DVD's (and everything
>> else,
>> really), with a scant few low priced items to entice. How they stay in
>> business is beyond me.

> Sam Goody isn't much better, and for that reason I'm about to let my
> Replay membership with them expire. They have decent prices on 1 or 2-
> disc DVD sets, but they insist on charging FULL RETAIL for box sets that
> aren't new releases. SG wanted $70 for Indy Jones; I got it at K-Mart
> for $50.
>
> We're getting a Target and a Best Buy here (Morgantown, WV) in 2005.

Despite what you sometimes read here, I have found Best Buy to be a really
good store. You'll probably like them. Good sales, and good "regular"
prices. Target is a pretty good store too. Limited selection, but again,
good prices.

Richard Van Skiver

"JWB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Edward Curtis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, JWB says...
>>> "Edward Curtis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

>>> The FYE's around here are extremely expensive on DVD's (and everything
>>> else,
>>> really), with a scant few low priced items to entice. How they stay in
>>> business is beyond me.

>> Sam Goody isn't much better, and for that reason I'm about to let my
>> Replay membership with them expire. They have decent prices on 1 or 2-
>> disc DVD sets, but they insist on charging FULL RETAIL for box sets that
>> aren't new releases. SG wanted $70 for Indy Jones; I got it at K-Mart
>> for $50.
>>
>> We're getting a Target and a Best Buy here (Morgantown, WV) in 2005.

> Despite what you sometimes read here, I have found Best Buy to be a really
> good store. You'll probably like them. Good sales, and good "regular"
> prices. Target is a pretty good store too. Limited selection, but again,
> good prices.

Believe it or not, the Wal-Mart in my area (Amherst, NY) undercuts
everybody's prices. There is a CompUSA, Target, Best Buy, Circuit City and
FYE Music within 5 minutes travel time, so they are always cheaper because
they want to be the one you buy from. Most new releases are $14.83. I think
SW will be $37-$38 tomorrow.

kaboom

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:15:06 -0400, "Richard Van Skiver"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"JWB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Edward Curtis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, JWB says...

>>> Sam Goody isn't much better, and for that reason I'm about to let my
>>> Replay membership with them expire. They have decent prices on 1 or 2-
>>> disc DVD sets, but they insist on charging FULL RETAIL for box sets that
>>> aren't new releases. SG wanted $70 for Indy Jones; I got it at K-Mart
>>> for $50.
>>>
>>> We're getting a Target and a Best Buy here (Morgantown, WV) in 2005.

>> Despite what you sometimes read here, I have found Best Buy to be a really
>> good store. You'll probably like them. Good sales, and good "regular"
>> prices. Target is a pretty good store too. Limited selection, but again,
>> good prices.

>Believe it or not, the Wal-Mart in my area (Amherst, NY) undercuts
>everybody's prices. There is a CompUSA, Target, Best Buy, Circuit City and
>FYE Music within 5 minutes travel time, so they are always cheaper because
>they want to be the one you buy from. Most new releases are $14.83. I think
>SW will be $37-$38 tomorrow.

**I bought it for $42.87 at Walmart (Ypsilanti, MI) despite there
being heavy-duty competition close by. I said that CompUSA had it
advertised for $39.99 and the clerk said that they don't pricematch
them. Yea, right. Normally, however, they do undercut everyone's
prices.

kaboomie