Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > S-Video vs. Component Video w/480p

S-Video vs. Component Video w/480p

Aphelion

I have a progressive scan DVD player with component and S-video out jacks,
and I'll be getting my first HDTV tomorrow. Does S-video work with HDTV
480p or should I be getting component video cables? Thanks.

Aphelion

Joshua Zyber

"Aphelion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newstO2d.74291$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a progressive scan DVD player with component and S-video out
>jacks, and I'll be getting my first HDTV tomorrow. Does S-video work
>with HDTV 480p or should I be getting component video cables? Thanks.

S-video will not transmit a progressive signal, just interlaced.

You should be using component regardless.

Ollie T

You need to go with component cables to get 480p.

HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com

"Aphelion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newstO2d.74291$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a progressive scan DVD player with component and S-video out jacks,
>and I'll be getting my first HDTV tomorrow. Does S-video work with HDTV
>480p or should I be getting component video cables? Thanks.
>
> Aphelion

Mark Jones

"Aphelion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newstO2d.74291$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a progressive scan DVD player with component and S-video out jacks,
> and I'll be getting my first HDTV tomorrow. Does S-video work with HDTV
> 480p or should I be getting component video cables? Thanks.

Get a set of high quality component video cables. Why pay the
money for a high quality DVD player and TV and then try to
be cheap when you connect them together?