Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Software to Catalog DVD collection?

Software to Catalog DVD collection?

Bob D.

I'm looking to catalog my DVD collection, which has grown quit big with both
commercial discs and DVDs recorded from TV. Can anyone recommend a good
program to do this (either PC or PocketPC). I'd like to be able to print out
sorted lists, and do queries. Thanks.

Bob D.

Padre

"Bob D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I'm looking to catalog my DVD collection, which has grown quit big with

both
> commercial discs and DVDs recorded from TV. Can anyone recommend a good
> program to do this (either PC or PocketPC). I'd like to be able to print

out
> sorted lists, and do queries. Thanks.
>
> Bob D.

DVD Profiler http://www.intervocative.com/dvdpro/Info.aspx

Brian

"Bob D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm looking to catalog my DVD collection, which has grown quit big with both
>commercial discs and DVDs recorded from TV. Can anyone recommend a good
>program to do this (either PC or PocketPC). I'd like to be able to print out
>sorted lists, and do queries. Thanks.
>
>Bob D.

The best DVD cataloger is DVD Profiler and it's free from
http://www.intervocative.com/

Regards Brian

Colon Terminus

An Excel spreadsheet works well for me.

"Bob D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I'm looking to catalog my DVD collection, which has grown quit big with

both
> commercial discs and DVDs recorded from TV. Can anyone recommend a good
> program to do this (either PC or PocketPC). I'd like to be able to print

out
> sorted lists, and do queries. Thanks.
>
> Bob D.

Airman Thunderbird

http://www.elcomsoft.com/adc.html

Colon Terminus wrote:
> An Excel spreadsheet works well for me.
>
> "Bob D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>I'm looking to catalog my DVD collection, which has grown quit big with

> both
>
>>commercial discs and DVDs recorded from TV. Can anyone recommend a good
>>program to do this (either PC or PocketPC). I'd like to be able to print

> out
>
>>sorted lists, and do queries. Thanks.
>>
>>Bob D.

Phil

Hi,

Microsoft Access is another good alternative. You can create pretty
good user graphics interface screen and simple or complex queries
pretty quick.

Lenny

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:07:18 GMT, "Bob D." <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I'm looking to catalog my DVD collection, which has grown quit big with both
>commercial discs and DVDs recorded from TV. Can anyone recommend a good
>program to do this (either PC or PocketPC). I'd like to be able to print out
>sorted lists, and do queries. Thanks.
>
>Bob D.

I use Movie Collector
http://www.collectorz.com/movie/

ubertoadie@sbcglobal.net

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:01:22 -0400, Lenny <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:07:18 GMT, "Bob D." <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>I'm looking to catalog my DVD collection, which has grown quit big with both
>>commercial discs and DVDs recorded from TV. Can anyone recommend a good
>>program to do this (either PC or PocketPC). I'd like to be able to print out
>>sorted lists, and do queries. Thanks.
>>
>>Bob D.
>>

>I use Movie Collector
>http://www.collectorz.com/movie/

goto http://www.intervocative.com and click on 'downloads' and then
download 'DVD Profiler v2.2.0' it's free for home use, just click on
'get the free key' link.. very good piece of software too, even has
the DVD covers

ubertoadie

David E. Jones

"Bob D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<VUp2d.62317$D%.18341@attbi_s51>...
> I'm looking to catalog my DVD collection, which has grown quit big with both
> commercial discs and DVDs recorded from TV. Can anyone recommend a good
> program to do this (either PC or PocketPC). I'd like to be able to print out
> sorted lists, and do queries. Thanks.
>
> Bob D.

I've been happy with ReaderwareVW.
http://www.readerware.com/

David Jones

Edvard Edvard is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob D.
I'm looking to catalog my DVD collection, which has grown quit big with both
commercial discs and DVDs recorded from TV. Can anyone recommend a good
program to do this (either PC or PocketPC). I'd like to be able to print out
sorted lists, and do queries. Thanks.
I use Movienizer, it's free and powerful tool for organizing dvd collections. You should try it out!