Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > THX 1138 Best Vomiting Scene

THX 1138 Best Vomiting Scene

Edward Holub

Hey folks,
I've always thought that THX 1138 contained the best vomiting scene in
screen history.
The usual approach was to have the actor fill his/her mouth with oatmeal
and let loose.
However, with a clever use of sound alone our minds sees a deluge of
vomit splattering on the floor.
Eddie

Seminal Johnson

"Edward Holub" <(E-Mail Removed)@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
news:X862d.2925$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey folks,
> I've always thought that THX 1138 contained the best vomiting scene in
> screen history.
> The usual approach was to have the actor fill his/her mouth with

oatmeal
> and let loose.
> However, with a clever use of sound alone our minds sees a deluge of
> vomit splattering on the floor.
> Eddie

I agree. Damn, that Walter Murch is clever.

3W

"Seminal Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dZg2d.3008$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> "Edward Holub" <(E-Mail Removed)@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:X862d.2925$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hey folks,
> > I've always thought that THX 1138 contained the best vomiting scene

in
> > screen history.
> > The usual approach was to have the actor fill his/her mouth with

> oatmeal
> > and let loose.
> > However, with a clever use of sound alone our minds sees a deluge of
> > vomit splattering on the floor.
> > Eddie

> I agree. Damn, that Walter Murch is clever.

I always thought that title went to Meaning of Life.

Shinner

"3W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "Seminal Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dZg2d.3008$(E-Mail Removed) m...
>> "Edward Holub" <(E-Mail Removed)@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
>> news:X862d.2925$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hey folks,
>> > I've always thought that THX 1138 contained the best vomiting
>> > scene

> in
>> > screen history.
>> > The usual approach was to have the actor fill his/her mouth
>> > with

>> oatmeal
>> > and let loose.
>> > However, with a clever use of sound alone our minds sees a
>> > deluge of
>> > vomit splattering on the floor.
>> > Eddie

>> I agree. Damn, that Walter Murch is clever.

> I always thought that title went to Meaning of Life.

Yep...hard to beat Mr. Creosote.

Edward Holub

Perhaps I should have said "realistic"

"Edward Holub" <(E-Mail Removed)@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
news:X862d.2925$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey folks,
> I've always thought that THX 1138 contained the best vomiting scene in
> screen history.
> The usual approach was to have the actor fill his/her mouth with

oatmeal
> and let loose.
> However, with a clever use of sound alone our minds sees a deluge of
> vomit splattering on the floor.
> Eddie

Seminal Johnson

"Shinner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9566DFB6CF6F0shinnerearthlinknet@207.69.18 9.195...
> "3W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > "Seminal Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:dZg2d.3008$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> >> "Edward Holub" <(E-Mail Removed)@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> news:X862d.2925$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > in
> >> oatmeal
> >>
> >> I agree. Damn, that Walter Murch is clever.

> > I always thought that title went to Meaning of Life.

> Yep...hard to beat Mr. Creosote.

Perhaps in terms of volume but not conveying for the audience the qualities
of real vomit.
I would nominate four films in separete catagories for the ultimate award of
Best Motion Picture Vomit Scene.
And the nominees are:

Best Comedy Vomit Scene - Monty Python's Meaning of Life
Best Horror Vomit Scene - The Exorcist
Best Dramatic Vomit Scene - Barry Lyndon
Best Realistic Vomit Scene - THX 1138

Any other nominees before we vote?

Stephen Cooke

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004, Seminal Johnson wrote:
> "Shinner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > I always thought that title went to Meaning of Life.

> > Yep...hard to beat Mr. Creosote.

> Perhaps in terms of volume but not conveying for the audience the qualities
> of real vomit.
> I would nominate four films in separete catagories for the ultimate award of
> Best Motion Picture Vomit Scene.
> And the nominees are:
>
> Best Comedy Vomit Scene - Monty Python's Meaning of Life
> Best Horror Vomit Scene - The Exorcist
> Best Dramatic Vomit Scene - Barry Lyndon
> Best Realistic Vomit Scene - THX 1138
>
> Any other nominees before we vote?

A Lifetime Acheivement Award for John Waters, who seems to include at
least one vomit scene in every film he's done.

swac
The eating contest scene from Stand By Me has to fit in somewhere...

Doc Shock

> swac
> The eating contest scene from Stand By Me has to fit in somewhere...

"... complete and total barf-o-rama..."

THX-1138 unplayable? Sam Rouse DVD Video 10 11-01-2004 07:44 PM
THX 1138 The George Lucas Director's Cut Seminal Johnson DVD Video 11 09-26-2004 01:53 PM
THX 1138 Seminal Johnsom DVD Video 2 09-16-2004 02:48 PM
THX 1138 DVD Review @ GENRE ONLINE.NET Writer R5 DVD Video 0 09-13-2004 08:52 PM
got it thx guys Larry Computer Support 2 10-29-2003 01:34 PM

Advertisments