Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Fan films on DVD?

Fan films on DVD?

Robert

Is there any way to get some, or all, of these fan-films on DVD? What about
other similar films?

StarWars fan short independent/fan films
http://theforce.net/theater/shortfilms/index.shtml

Non-StarWars short independent/fan films

http://theforce.net/theater/nonsw/index.shtml

Robert

Sunstreaking Penguin

In the world of DVD there is demand for Starwars and there is demand for
"non-starwars". I love how that's split up

> StarWars fan short independent/fan films
> http://theforce.net/theater/shortfilms/index.shtml
>
> Non-StarWars short independent/fan films
>
> http://theforce.net/theater/nonsw/index.shtml
>

> Robert

Jay G.

"Robert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote ...
> Is there any way to get some, or all, of these fan-films on DVD? What

about
> other similar films?
>
> StarWars fan short independent/fan films
> http://theforce.net/theater/shortfilms/index.shtml

Any film that is unauthorized use of someone else's copwrited work is
going to be difficult to distribute commercially. Basically, Lucas would
have to give some sort of OK before this stuff could be sold.

As for other short films, there are various compilation DVDs, as
well as sometimes DVDs with just one short on them. They aren't
particularly strong sellers though.

-Jay