Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Shrink: After Shrink to Hard drive, what's NEXT?

DVD Shrink: After Shrink to Hard drive, what's NEXT?

hiddenat@lycos.com

DVD Shrink: After Shrink to Hard drive, what's NEXT?

sorry for the newbie question. I will try to give as much meaningful
info as possible.

My hardware:
Alienware dual Xeon 2.4GHz,
2gb ram,
Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104
Plextor CD-R PX-320A (it reads DVD's)
WinXP Pro SP1

Loaded Software:
DVD Shrink 3.2,
Sonic MyDVD 3.5,
Pioneer RecordNow DX, Version 4.11,
CyberLink PowerDVD XP 4.0,
Ulead VideoStudio 6
DVDXCopy Xpress 2.3.4 Trial (only one copy left on trial)
Windows Movie Maker 5.1
Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Basic

Location: USA

I have been reading all through the news groups and these websites

http://www.dvdshrink.info/downloads.php
http://www.videohelp.com/
http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/117
http://www.doom9.org/

and still can't quite find the next step. I think it is "authoring" but
just not sure how to do it.

so far, I have ripped a DVD using DVD Shrink 3.2. I have these folders
on my hard drive now:
AUDIO_TS with nothing in it.
VIDEO_TS with multiple ".vob", ".bup", & ".ifo" files in it.

from reading some sites, it seems all I have to do is burn these folders
in the root directory of my DVD. I did that. The PC reads it fine and
plays it using PowerDVD.
however, I have tried the DVD on 6 stand alone DVD players and only one
played it(GO Video). The rest do not seem to recognize it. These were
all different brands and fairly new. (helpful coworkers!)

What should be next? Is there a piece of software I'm suppose to have
that takes the files and puts them in DVD format that is read by a stand
alone DVD player? Something to download? Freeware? Should I be doing
something different in DVDShrink?

I tried to see if the Ulead VisualStudio would open or see the files,
but it just does not seem to. The same for the MyDVD.

I used "-R" and "-RW" and that made no difference.

Suggestion? What's NEXT?

Thank you for your time in advance.

Dragon

Use nero to burn to the dvd as you would doing data disk and that should be
it

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9551912929A36hiddenatlycoscom@216.168.3.44 ...
> DVD Shrink: After Shrink to Hard drive, what's NEXT?
>
> sorry for the newbie question. I will try to give as much meaningful
> info as possible.
>
> My hardware:
> Alienware dual Xeon 2.4GHz,
> 2gb ram,
> Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104
> Plextor CD-R PX-320A (it reads DVD's)
> WinXP Pro SP1
>
> Loaded Software:
> DVD Shrink 3.2,
> Sonic MyDVD 3.5,
> Pioneer RecordNow DX, Version 4.11,
> CyberLink PowerDVD XP 4.0,
> Ulead VideoStudio 6
> DVDXCopy Xpress 2.3.4 Trial (only one copy left on trial)
> Windows Movie Maker 5.1
> Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Basic
>
> Location: USA
>
> I have been reading all through the news groups and these websites
>
> http://www.dvdshrink.info/downloads.php
> http://www.videohelp.com/
> http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/117
> http://www.doom9.org/
>
> and still can't quite find the next step. I think it is "authoring" but
> just not sure how to do it.
>
> so far, I have ripped a DVD using DVD Shrink 3.2. I have these folders
> on my hard drive now:
> AUDIO_TS with nothing in it.
> VIDEO_TS with multiple ".vob", ".bup", & ".ifo" files in it.
>
> from reading some sites, it seems all I have to do is burn these folders
> in the root directory of my DVD. I did that. The PC reads it fine and
> plays it using PowerDVD.
> however, I have tried the DVD on 6 stand alone DVD players and only one
> played it(GO Video). The rest do not seem to recognize it. These were
> all different brands and fairly new. (helpful coworkers!)
>
> What should be next? Is there a piece of software I'm suppose to have
> that takes the files and puts them in DVD format that is read by a stand
> alone DVD player? Something to download? Freeware? Should I be doing
> something different in DVDShrink?
>
> I tried to see if the Ulead VisualStudio would open or see the files,
> but it just does not seem to. The same for the MyDVD.
>
> I used "-R" and "-RW" and that made no difference.
>
> Suggestion? What's NEXT?
>
> Thank you for your time in advance.

---

Dragon

Sorry yes get nero 6 and then you put the two folder video_ts and audio_ts
across and copy, hopefully that should work

dave
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9551912929A36hiddenatlycoscom@216.168.3.44 ...
> DVD Shrink: After Shrink to Hard drive, what's NEXT?
>
> sorry for the newbie question. I will try to give as much meaningful
> info as possible.
>
> My hardware:
> Alienware dual Xeon 2.4GHz,
> 2gb ram,
> Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104
> Plextor CD-R PX-320A (it reads DVD's)
> WinXP Pro SP1
>
> Loaded Software:
> DVD Shrink 3.2,
> Sonic MyDVD 3.5,
> Pioneer RecordNow DX, Version 4.11,
> CyberLink PowerDVD XP 4.0,
> Ulead VideoStudio 6
> DVDXCopy Xpress 2.3.4 Trial (only one copy left on trial)
> Windows Movie Maker 5.1
> Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Basic
>
> Location: USA
>
> I have been reading all through the news groups and these websites
>
> http://www.dvdshrink.info/downloads.php
> http://www.videohelp.com/
> http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/117
> http://www.doom9.org/
>
> and still can't quite find the next step. I think it is "authoring" but
> just not sure how to do it.
>
> so far, I have ripped a DVD using DVD Shrink 3.2. I have these folders
> on my hard drive now:
> AUDIO_TS with nothing in it.
> VIDEO_TS with multiple ".vob", ".bup", & ".ifo" files in it.
>
> from reading some sites, it seems all I have to do is burn these folders
> in the root directory of my DVD. I did that. The PC reads it fine and
> plays it using PowerDVD.
> however, I have tried the DVD on 6 stand alone DVD players and only one
> played it(GO Video). The rest do not seem to recognize it. These were
> all different brands and fairly new. (helpful coworkers!)
>
> What should be next? Is there a piece of software I'm suppose to have
> that takes the files and puts them in DVD format that is read by a stand
> alone DVD player? Something to download? Freeware? Should I be doing
> something different in DVDShrink?
>
> I tried to see if the Ulead VisualStudio would open or see the files,
> but it just does not seem to. The same for the MyDVD.
>
> I used "-R" and "-RW" and that made no difference.
>
> Suggestion? What's NEXT?
>
> Thank you for your time in advance.

---

Pug Fugley

You'll need to buy Nero.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9551912929A36hiddenatlycoscom@216.168.3.44 ...
> DVD Shrink: After Shrink to Hard drive, what's NEXT?
>
> sorry for the newbie question. I will try to give as much meaningful
> info as possible.
>
> My hardware:
> Alienware dual Xeon 2.4GHz,
> 2gb ram,
> Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104
> Plextor CD-R PX-320A (it reads DVD's)
> WinXP Pro SP1
>
> Loaded Software:
> DVD Shrink 3.2,
> Sonic MyDVD 3.5,
> Pioneer RecordNow DX, Version 4.11,
> CyberLink PowerDVD XP 4.0,
> Ulead VideoStudio 6
> DVDXCopy Xpress 2.3.4 Trial (only one copy left on trial)
> Windows Movie Maker 5.1
> Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Basic
>
> Location: USA
>
> I have been reading all through the news groups and these websites
>
> http://www.dvdshrink.info/downloads.php
> http://www.videohelp.com/
> http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/117
> http://www.doom9.org/
>
> and still can't quite find the next step. I think it is "authoring" but
> just not sure how to do it.
>
> so far, I have ripped a DVD using DVD Shrink 3.2. I have these folders
> on my hard drive now:
> AUDIO_TS with nothing in it.
> VIDEO_TS with multiple ".vob", ".bup", & ".ifo" files in it.
>
> from reading some sites, it seems all I have to do is burn these folders
> in the root directory of my DVD. I did that. The PC reads it fine and
> plays it using PowerDVD.
> however, I have tried the DVD on 6 stand alone DVD players and only one
> played it(GO Video). The rest do not seem to recognize it. These were
> all different brands and fairly new. (helpful coworkers!)
>
> What should be next? Is there a piece of software I'm suppose to have
> that takes the files and puts them in DVD format that is read by a stand
> alone DVD player? Something to download? Freeware? Should I be doing
> something different in DVDShrink?
>
> I tried to see if the Ulead VisualStudio would open or see the files,
> but it just does not seem to. The same for the MyDVD.
>
> I used "-R" and "-RW" and that made no difference.
>
> Suggestion? What's NEXT?
>
> Thank you for your time in advance.

Justin

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote on [Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:16:53 -0000]:
> DVD Shrink: After Shrink to Hard drive, what's NEXT?

Going to a theft group?

Mike Jackson

> DVD Shrink: After Shrink to Hard drive, what's NEXT?

Install DVD Decrypter. It'll handle the burning part of the equation.

Mike Jackson
Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
www.dvdverdict.com

TSKO

"Mike Jackson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> DVD Shrink: After Shrink to Hard drive, what's NEXT?

> Install DVD Decrypter. It'll handle the burning part of the equation.
>
> Mike Jackson
> Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
> www.dvdverdict.com

DVD decryptor all the way....I no longer use 'store bought' software to
burn....DVD Decrypt is easy to use and free...and works like a charm

TSKO

"Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote on [Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:16:53 -0000]:
>> DVD Shrink: After Shrink to Hard drive, what's NEXT?

> Going to a theft group?

I could be missing something....but who said he was burning a store bought
dvd?

I have to say Justin...after being on this newsgroup for awhile I have
determined that you like to 'come out to play' when you want to bitch about
something. You are without a doubt, one of the most negative ppl on this
newsgroup.

Dragon

"TSKO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eMsXc.7673$(E-Mail Removed) m...

> "Mike Jackson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> DVD Shrink: After Shrink to Hard drive, what's NEXT?

> > Install DVD Decrypter. It'll handle the burning part of the equation.
> >
> > Mike Jackson
> > Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
> > www.dvdverdict.com
> >

> DVD decryptor all the way....I no longer use 'store bought' software to
> burn....DVD Decrypt is easy to use and free...and works like a charm

hi guys on a positive side I think what are friend is trying to do is once
he has shrunk the dvd to his hard drive how does he burn in to dvd-r I
presume, he has probably already used decrypter before he shrunk it.

That's why I suggested getting nero as I don't use roxio or dvd creator my
self, but if decrpyter durns the disk aswell i am not sure about that one

dave

---

hiddenat@lycos.com

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:itvXc.26206$(E-Mail Removed). uk:

> "TSKO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eMsXc.7673$(E-Mail Removed) m...
>>
>> "Mike Jackson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > Install DVD Decrypter. It'll handle the burning part of the
>> > equation.
>> >
>> > Mike Jackson
>> > Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
>> > www.dvdverdict.com
>> >

>> DVD decryptor all the way....I no longer use 'store bought' software
>> to burn....DVD Decrypt is easy to use and free...and works like a
>> charm
>>

> hi guys on a positive side I think what are friend is trying to do is
> once he has shrunk the dvd to his hard drive how does he burn in to
> dvd-r I presume, he has probably already used decrypter before he
> shrunk it.
>
> That's why I suggested getting nero as I don't use roxio or dvd
> creator my self, but if decrpyter durns the disk aswell i am not sure
> about that one
>
> dave
>

> ---

i have already shrunk it with DVD Shrink. and i burned the VIDEO_TS and
AUDIO_TS as data to a DVD-R and to a DVD-RW. the movie will play in the
pc's i've tested it on. but only in 1 of 6 DVD Players

these are the suggestions i have gotten from the other newsgroups.

1.. make DVD Shrink chose ISO file instead of hard disk. then burn with
Nero or another software and that's it.

2. make sure the file system is UDF 1.02. also make sure the disks are
final and players compatible with -R -RW...

3. get nero 6 open nero expres and select DVD-Video Files, then add the
file created by shrink.

4. open recordnow and clike the data icon, highlight and drag both folders
into record now. clike the red button and burn.

thanks for the help. i will try these things.

matt