Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Quick Question- Extracting DVD Video

Quick Question- Extracting DVD Video

Paul Hill

Hi, Can anyone tell me how i could extract the video off a DVD and save it
as a AVI or MPG or anything that will play as a file on a PC really.... is
there a simple freeware program or something?

Thanks in advance

Biz

www.dvdrhelp.com

"Paul Hill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cge18h$d88$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, Can anyone tell me how i could extract the video off a DVD and save it
> as a AVI or MPG or anything that will play as a file on a PC really.... is
> there a simple freeware program or something?
>
> Thanks in advance

Neil

I would just use DVD Shrink 3.2 to extract the DVD to your hard drive. You
can use most DVD Players or Media Players to play it from your hard drive.
(You will simply point your player at the file VIDEO_TS.IFO.)

DVD Shrink 3.2 allows you to specifiy that the ultimate destination of your
extraction will either be a single layer DVD disk or a dual layer DVD disk.
It will automatically shrink (compress) the video to fit the destination.
If you specify that the ultimate destination will be a dual layer disk, DVD
Shrink 3.2 should not compress the video at all. In any case, you can
adjust your compression manually, if you want.

Furthermore, you can use DVD Shrink 3.2 to Re-Author the DVD. This means
that you can extract just the main movie and forget about the extras. You
can also leave out languages that are of no interest to you.

Neil

"Paul Hill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cge18h$d88$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, Can anyone tell me how i could extract the video off a DVD and save it
> as a AVI or MPG or anything that will play as a file on a PC really.... is
> there a simple freeware program or something?
>
> Thanks in advance

Kenny

EazyVCD will do what you want and it's free.
http://www.eazyvcd.tk/

--

Kenny