Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Laverne and Shirley DVD set--anyone else have this problem?

Laverne and Shirley DVD set--anyone else have this problem?

Bob

During playing of only a single episode, my DVD player began gasping for air
and making odd noises. I'd swear that I heard it utter, "These are the
ugliest females I've ever seen!" at one point. Finally it died in a puff of
smoke.

Does Paramount offer refunds for this type of issue? I wanted the "Happy
Days" set as well but am scared to try it now, for fear of what will happen
when Ralph appears.

One-Shot Scot

news:jd2Wc.7780$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> During playing of only a single episode, my DVD player began gasping
> for air and making odd noises. I'd swear that I heard it utter,
> "These are the ugliest females I've ever seen!" at one point. Finally
> it died in a puff of smoke.
>
> Does Paramount offer refunds for this type of issue? I wanted the
> "Happy Days" set as well but am scared to try it now, for fear of
> what will happen when Ralph appears.

Just seeing Cindy Williams and Penny Marshall's pictures on the _Laverne
and Shirley_ DVD box gave me a headache.

Penny Marshall's ****-poor impersonation of Judy Holiday is enough to
make you throw up.

If that bitch were acting for ****, she couldn't even get a whiff.

Is it possible that Miss Marshall got the part of Laverne because her
brother is Garry Marshall, executive producer of the show?

Something to think about, isn't it?

Tad Bitt§ļ£

"One-Shot Scot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:jd2Wc.7780$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> > During playing of only a single episode, my DVD player began gasping
> > for air and making odd noises. I'd swear that I heard it utter,
> > "These are the ugliest females I've ever seen!" at one point. Finally
> > it died in a puff of smoke.
> >
> > Does Paramount offer refunds for this type of issue? I wanted the
> > "Happy Days" set as well but am scared to try it now, for fear of
> > what will happen when Ralph appears.

> Just seeing Cindy Williams and Penny Marshall's pictures on the _Laverne
> and Shirley_ DVD box gave me a headache.
>
> Penny Marshall's ****-poor impersonation of Judy Holiday is enough to
> make you throw up.
>
> If that bitch were acting for ****, she couldn't even get a whiff.
>
> Is it possible that Miss Marshall got the part of Laverne because her
> brother is Garry Marshall, executive producer of the show?
>
> Something to think about, isn't it?

What's even worse that all that, is that we all (I like using the same words
in a single sentence many times) watched this crap when it originally aired
or in syndication. Shlameel, shlamazel, fu$kthesebitches incorporated. Penny
Marshall always looked like a toothy blowjob. She talks like she is tetched
in the head and what about that damn Carmine Raguza. Corny shmalzt all
around; enough to make you puke your guts.

Shirley Valentine kaboom DVD Video 0 01-20-2007 02:53 AM
New releases: Star Wars redeux, Shirley Temple & Invasion: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 05-16-2006 05:42 AM
New releases: Shirley Temple, Grounded Fro Life & The Weatherman: Updated complete Downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 12-06-2005 05:58 AM
Any news on Shirley Valentine? DBR DVD Video 1 05-21-2004 01:59 PM
Shirley Valentine on DVD... News? DBR DVD Video 0 10-02-2003 09:46 PM

Advertisments