Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > V:the series Set also edited!!!, not just "Alf"

V:the series Set also edited!!!, not just "Alf"

dvdguy2@webtv.net

Not just "Alf", but the "V-The Complete Series" is also edited and not
the originally aired versions!!! Therefore, it is NOT the "complete"
series as is stated on the boxes.

I watched V the seies when it first aired.

The earlier episodes had Howard K. Smith on it as a newscaster.

These scenes are COMPLETELY MISSING from the "complete series" dvd set.

Therefore, is fraud, since they are claiming that it is the complete
series when it is NOT the complete series.

It looks like this is another series that I won't be buying now even
though I wanted to buy it.

(Hollywood movie company executices are now claiming that it is a
copyright violation to alow anyone else in your own home to view a dvd
you have purchased. Hollywood movie company executives now claim that
every person in your home has to buy ther own dvd of the same movie.
That if a husband and wife watch one of the same disc together, it is a
copyright violation.

Jamie Kellner has claimed this also.

Douglas Bailey

> ..."V-The Complete Series" is also edited and not the originally aired
> versions!!! Therefore, it is NOT the "complete" series as is stated on
> the boxes.
>
> I watched V the seies when it first aired.
> The earlier episodes had Howard K. Smith on it as a newscaster.
> These scenes are COMPLETELY MISSING from the "complete series" dvd set.

DVD Verdict's reviewer Neil Dorsett seems to disagree. In his review of the
title, he specifically mentions Smith's appearances in the context of
changes made to the show in mid-season:

"Unfortunately, another element of the show that vanishes [mid-season] are
the weekly newscast introductions by Howard K. Smith, presumably pressed
out of retirement by the "Freedom Network."

--<http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/vcompleteseries.php>

....which suggests that those introductions *are* present in the early
episodes on the DVD set.

If you have a source to support your claim, by all means please cite it.
But until then, frankly, I'll take Mr Dorsett's word over yours. (And given
your history of making unsupported claims, you'll pardon me if I don't hold
my breath waiting for you.)

> (Hollywood movie company executices are now claiming that it is a
> copyright violation to alow anyone else in your own home to view a dvd
> you have purchased. Hollywood movie company executives now claim that
> every person in your home has to buy ther own dvd of the same movie.
> That if a husband and wife watch one of the same disc together, it is a
> copyright violation.
>
> Jamie Kellner has claimed this also.

Again, sources?

doug

--
"It's not peculiar; there's nothing to devise at all..."
--Hüsker Dü

dvdguy2@webtv.net

your point about V is taken.

I was going by a reviewer who stated that none of the episodes on his v
the series dvd set had the howard k smith intros anywhere on it.

however, after I posted, I read another reviewer who replied to him that
the intros are on the dvd set.

so I guess the only way I'll find out for sure is to have to buy them
and see for myself.

by the way, even befre I posted, I did distnctly remember the later
episodes never had any of his intros on them, only the earlr episodes
did.

that's why I said "on the earlier episodes".

dvdguy2@webtv.net

your point about V is taken.

I was going by a reviewer who stated that none of the episodes on his v
the series dvd set had the howard k smith intros anywhere on it.

however, after I posted, I read another reviewer who replied to him that
the intros are on the dvd set.

so I guess the only way I'll find out for sure is to have to buy them
and see for myself.

by the way, even befre I posted, I did distnctly remember the later
episodes never had any of his intros on them, only the earlr episodes
did.

that's why I said "on the earlier episodes".

Chris Oxford

There are several episodes on the "V: Series" set that have the Howard K.
Smith "Freedom Network" intros. They start on the fourth episode, I believe
(also, the opening title sequence has slightly been altered, the second out
of ultimately 3 times the opening titles would be altered in the series).
The Freedom Network intros were dropped after a number of episodes (most
likely after the third opening intro with the voice over began), which was
too bad because it was a neat idea.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not just "Alf", but the "V-The Complete Series" is also edited and not
> the originally aired versions!!! Therefore, it is NOT the "complete"
> series as is stated on the boxes.
>
> I watched V the seies when it first aired.
>
> The earlier episodes had Howard K. Smith on it as a newscaster.
>
> These scenes are COMPLETELY MISSING from the "complete series" dvd set.
>
> Therefore, is fraud, since they are claiming that it is the complete
> series when it is NOT the complete series.
>
> It looks like this is another series that I won't be buying now even
> though I wanted to buy it.
>
> (Hollywood movie company executices are now claiming that it is a
> copyright violation to alow anyone else in your own home to view a dvd
> you have purchased. Hollywood movie company executives now claim that
> every person in your home has to buy ther own dvd of the same movie.
> That if a husband and wife watch one of the same disc together, it is a
> copyright violation.
>
> Jamie Kellner has claimed this also.

jayembee

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> (Hollywood movie company executices are now claiming that
> it is a copyright violation to alow anyone else in your
> own home to view a dvd you have purchased. Hollywood movie
> company executives now claim that every person in your home
> has to buy ther own dvd of the same movie. That if a husband
> and wife watch one of the same disc together, it is a
> copyright violation.

I am in awe of the regularity with which you prove me wrong.

With each and every stupid-ass comment you post, I keep thinking
that you couldn't possibly get any stupider. But you do.

-- jayembee

Joshua Zyber

"Douglas Bailey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1xngrilqyxvak$(E-Mail Removed)...
> DVD Verdict's reviewer Neil Dorsett seems to disagree. In his review

of the
> title, he specifically mentions Smith's appearances in the context of
> changes made to the show in mid-season:
>
> "Unfortunately, another element of the show that vanishes [mid-season]

are
> the weekly newscast introductions by Howard K. Smith, presumably

pressed
> out of retirement by the "Freedom Network."
>
> --<http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/vcompleteseries.php>
>
> ...which suggests that those introductions *are* present in the early
> episodes on the DVD set.

DVD-Verdict is correct. The Smith intros are present on the DVD set on a
number of early episodes, just not every single episode. About halfway
through the season they dumped the gimmick in favor of new opening
titles that recap the plot of the first two miniseries.

Chris4V

damm who cares

jayembee

(E-Mail Removed)ospam (Chris4V) wrote:

>damm who cares

I would venture to guess that fans of the series care.

-- jayembee

Brian

Uh, those scenes are there...they just dropped that segment from the later
episodes.