Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Cracked Schindler's List collector's case

Cracked Schindler's List collector's case

Ray

Has anyone actually gotten this DVD with the acrylic case intact?? I've
ordered it twice from Deep Discount and both arrived with cracked cases.
The first time I asked for a replacement, the second time, a refund.

I then tried ordering it from Amazon with the hope that they would pack it
more securely (they use those air bags, DDD does not) and that one arrived
cracked also.

I'm in the process of returning the cracked one to Amazon and they are
sending me a replacement. We'll see how that one arrives

I would just buy it at Tower, but their price is $10 more than the online
vendors.

Frustrating!!!

--
Ray

Remove NO and SPAM to reply

Paul C.

"Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:k4bVc.28238$(E-Mail Removed) link.net:

> Has anyone actually gotten this DVD with the acrylic case intact??
> I've ordered it twice from Deep Discount and both arrived with cracked
> cases. The first time I asked for a replacement, the second time, a
> refund.
>
> I then tried ordering it from Amazon with the hope that they would
> pack it more securely (they use those air bags, DDD does not) and that
> one arrived cracked also.
>
> I'm in the process of returning the cracked one to Amazon and they are
> sending me a replacement. We'll see how that one arrives
>
> I would just buy it at Tower, but their price is $10 more than the
> online vendors.
>
> Frustrating!!!

So it's worth your time & effort to keep returning copies to save $10 ?
Strange.......

M.B.

Paul C. wrote:
> "Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:k4bVc.28238$(E-Mail Removed) link.net:
>

>>Has anyone actually gotten this DVD with the acrylic case intact??
>>I've ordered it twice from Deep Discount and both arrived with cracked
>>cases. The first time I asked for a replacement, the second time, a
>>refund.
>>
>>I then tried ordering it from Amazon with the hope that they would
>>pack it more securely (they use those air bags, DDD does not) and that
>>one arrived cracked also.
>>
>>I'm in the process of returning the cracked one to Amazon and they are
>>sending me a replacement. We'll see how that one arrives
>>
>>I would just buy it at Tower, but their price is $10 more than the
>>online vendors.
>>
>>Frustrating!!!

> So it's worth your time & effort to keep returning copies to save $10 ?
> Strange.......

Ahhh....the thing we do (I'm including myself in this) to save a couple
of bucks...

JWB

"M.B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:S3fVc.3477$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Paul C. wrote:
> > "Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > news:k4bVc.28238$(E-Mail Removed) link.net:
> >

> >>Has anyone actually gotten this DVD with the acrylic case intact??
> >>I've ordered it twice from Deep Discount and both arrived with cracked
> >>cases. The first time I asked for a replacement, the second time, a
> >>refund.
> >>
> >>I then tried ordering it from Amazon with the hope that they would
> >>pack it more securely (they use those air bags, DDD does not) and that
> >>one arrived cracked also.
> >>
> >>I'm in the process of returning the cracked one to Amazon and they are
> >>sending me a replacement. We'll see how that one arrives
> >>
> >>I would just buy it at Tower, but their price is $10 more than the
> >>online vendors.
> >>
> >>Frustrating!!!

> > So it's worth your time & effort to keep returning copies to save $10 ?
> > Strange.......

> Ahhh....the thing we do (I'm including myself in this) to save a couple
> of bucks...

conversely, I don't do any of them (not saying one is better than the other,
it's just interesting how we all view this different). I buy my DVD's from
my local best buy, and whatever they don't have in stock I get from Amazon.
I've never compared prices on DVD's.

merdock@gmail.com

The cases are defective... my friends was cracked by the time he got
it home from the store (not sure if he banged it or not).

I had heard reports of the cases cracking so I absolutely kept mine
safe and bump free.

I didn't let anything get within a 3 foot vicinity of it as I gently
carried it home and cautiously placed it on my shelf.

The next morning it had a crack in it and no one had touched it...

Basically you have to put up with the crack.. It's just bad packaging
design although it looks really nice (without the crack)

I think they may be trying to sell off the stock because they know
they messed up.. I bought it for $34.99 CAD yet when it came out it
was $80.00 CAD

cam

Mine arrived from amazon with the case absolutely cracked to the
shizenhausen. I promptly contacted amazon via their crappy forms and sent
the whole thing back.

A week later they sent a cd jewel case as a replacement....

I dont shop there no more after that crap

HR

Tad Bitt§ļ£

"Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:k4bVc.28238$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> Has anyone actually gotten this DVD with the acrylic case intact?? I've
> ordered it twice from Deep Discount and both arrived with cracked cases.
> The first time I asked for a replacement, the second time, a refund.
>
> I then tried ordering it from Amazon with the hope that they would pack it
> more securely (they use those air bags, DDD does not) and that one arrived
> cracked also.
>
> I'm in the process of returning the cracked one to Amazon and they are
> sending me a replacement. We'll see how that one arrives
>
> I would just buy it at Tower, but their price is $10 more than the online
> vendors.
>
> Frustrating!!!
>

> --
> Ray
>
> Remove NO and SPAM to reply

This same set sold at Futureshop in Canada for $35.99 CAD. They had this
special for a few weeks and who knows, might have it again.