Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > web server???

web server???

InsaneG0D

Do I need a static IP address from my ISP to create my own web server????

smithy4u

If you want to publish your web server on the internet, then you should
have to take a static IP address from you ISP. For local network
environment, there is no need of public IP address.

For windows IIS, try free good lab practices and articles at
www.certsbraindumps.com .

---
Sign up to get free daily practice questions at: http://www.QoD.US/i-54.htm
View this thread: http://www.examnotes.net/article1015104.html
smithy4u------------------------------------------------------------------------
smithy4u's Profile: http://www.examnotes.net/forums/memb...&userid=171574

Delbert Matlock

smithy4u <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...

> If you want to publish your web server on the internet, then you should
> have to take a static IP address from you ISP. For local network
> environment, there is no need of public IP address.

Another option is the dynamic DNS services out there. With these
services, the DNS entry is updated by a utility on your machine every
time your IP address changes. The one I use is "dyndns.org", but if
you do a search in Google on "Dynamic DNS" you will find several other
solutions out there.

Good luck!

-- Delbert Matlock
-- MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, CCNA, Network+, A+
-- http://www.SelfStudyCerts.com/

Martin Schmid

I use dynip.com
Also tzo.com is available

"Delbert Matlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> smithy4u <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...

> > If you want to publish your web server on the internet, then you should
> > have to take a static IP address from you ISP. For local network
> > environment, there is no need of public IP address.

> Another option is the dynamic DNS services out there. With these
> services, the DNS entry is updated by a utility on your machine every
> time your IP address changes. The one I use is "dyndns.org", but if
> you do a search in Google on "Dynamic DNS" you will find several other
> solutions out there.
>
> Good luck!
>
> -- Delbert Matlock
> -- MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, CCNA, Network+, A+
> -- http://www.SelfStudyCerts.com/

InsaneG0D

Thanx!!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...