Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Bob Bohling

Hello and sorry if this has been asked in the past.
I bought Good, Bad and the Ugly, 2 disk special
edition (MGM) when it first came out. I just
sat down and watched it yesterday and in
chapter 30, when Clint tosses the shovel to Eli
Wallach and tells him it is easier to dig with the
shovel, the movie stopped. I had to re-start it
and go back to the chapter and the same thing
happened. If I fast forwarded at that point, all
was ok and I watched the rest of the movie with
no problem. Has this been a problem for others?
Of course, I don't have my receipt now, so I'll end
up keeping the disk. Thanks and the player is a new
Pioneer Elite DV45-A.

discogail

"Bob Bohling" <rbohling437@{NOSPAMALLOWED}comcast.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Has this been a problem for others?

Nope...........plays fine for me. That's too bad.

Tarkus

On 8/17/2004 1:44:31 PM, discogail wrote:

> "Bob Bohling" <rbohling437@{NOSPAMALLOWED}comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has this been a problem for others?
>
> Nope...........plays fine for me. That's too bad.

...good and ugly.
--
"Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies
Farewell and adieu you ladies of Spain.

Now playing: "Pat Benatar - If You Think You Know How To L"

Nonymous

"Bob Bohling" <rbohling437@{NOSPAMALLOWED}comcast.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello and sorry if this has been asked in the past.
> I bought Good, Bad and the Ugly, 2 disk special
> edition (MGM) when it first came out. I just
> sat down and watched it yesterday and in
> chapter 30, when Clint tosses the shovel to Eli
> Wallach and tells him it is easier to dig with the
> shovel, the movie stopped. I had to re-start it
> and go back to the chapter and the same thing
> happened. If I fast forwarded at that point, all
> was ok and I watched the rest of the movie with
> no problem. Has this been a problem for others?
> Of course, I don't have my receipt now, so I'll end
> up keeping the disk. Thanks and the player is a new
> Pioneer Elite DV45-A.

Plays fine for me. Did you check to make sure a spec of dust wasn't on the
playing surface? There's a tendency for that to happen to disks that are in
cardboard-based cases.

FMercury39

I have the same player and that hasn't happened to me with GB&U. Could be dust
or a bad disc.

Tad Bitt§ļ£

"FMercury39" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have the same player and that hasn't happened to me with GB&U. Could be

dust
> or a bad disc.

Is this the point in the film where the layers change? The laser optic lenth
increases so as to penetrate the first layer and read the second. The last
so many seconds of the final moments of digital data on layer 1 are cached
in the machines ram so that the laser can move on to layer 2 without
interuption. Well, there is sometimes a slight pause between layer changes,
this could be what you saw only your machine couldn't handle the change.