Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Happy dance! After Hours is out today!

Happy dance! After Hours is out today!

Jordan Lund

One of the last titles on my "favorite movies not out on DVD" comes out today! Yay!

Here's hoping I can buy it without having to shell out for the whole Scorsese set...

- Jordan

Douglas Bailey

Jordan Lund wrote:
> Here's hoping I can buy it without having to shell out for the whole
> Scorsese set...

You can:

<http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/dvdcalc2?cmd=calc&tmpCart=35293>

HTH,

doug

--
"In all your hurry, you've accidentally locked the gate..."
--XTC

JMKAUFFMAN

I was working temp as a word processor when this film came out, and Griffin
Dunne's hapless scream "I'm only a word processor, what do you want from me?"
became my mantra for a while after I saw the movie.

The Truth About Frances Farmer:
http://hometown.aol.com/jmkauffman/sheddinglight.html

Derek Janssen

JMKAUFFMAN wrote:

> I was working temp as a word processor when this film came out, and Griffin
> Dunne's hapless scream "I'm only a word processor, what do you want from me?"
> became my mantra for a while after I saw the movie.

Forget Kubrick, this film DEFINES "Nightmare comedy".

Derek Janssen (Hollywood's best kept secret: Martin Scorsese has one
damn *funny* sense of humor)

Jordan Lund

Derek Janssen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<4122610f$0$21028$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> JMKAUFFMAN wrote:
>
> > I was working temp as a word processor when this film came out, and Griffin
> > Dunne's hapless scream "I'm only a word processor, what do you want from me?"
> > became my mantra for a while after I saw the movie.

> Forget Kubrick, this film DEFINES "Nightmare comedy".
>
> Derek Janssen (Hollywood's best kept secret: Martin Scorsese has one
> damn *funny* sense of humor)
> (E-Mail Removed)

I sat down with it last night... not only is it still hilarious... The
way it was made was incredibly sad... Scorsese was trying to make Last
Temptation and at that point the whole project had blown up in his
face. It looked like not only was LT going to be canned, it looked
like Scorsese might have been done with films all together.

His lawyer (who was also the lawyer for the producers) gave him the
script, he initially passed on it, they approached Tim Burton (!) and
were about to start production when Scorsese said he'd do it. They
told Burton that Scorsese was offered it first and now wanted to do it
and Burton stepped aside.

He says in the commentary that After Hours made it feel like he could
do movies again. I think he says he ended up doing two more flicks
before resurrecting Last Temptation and getting it done.

- Jordan

Recorded 2 hours, deleted 2 hours, no space left? Tony Tee DVD Video 5 07-25-2007 10:20 AM
Date::Manip hours elapsed not business hours elapsed rutherf Perl Misc 2 10-28-2006 08:05 AM
1700 series: S0 is up 2 hours, down 2 hours, up, down, arghgh! Ivan Cisco 11 10-14-2004 08:41 AM
.NET server becomes slow after several hours, go back normal after restarting IIS davidw ASP .Net 3 08-27-2004 06:25 PM
Hi im going to make a "time counter" from hours to hours and a loggfile export system Rahmi Acar C++ 0 07-17-2003 08:28 PM

Advertisments