Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Kill Bill Vol. 2 = Boooooring!

Kill Bill Vol. 2 = Boooooring!

Michael Rogers

Ahhh, it was okay. It certainly didn't rate the critics worship. I'm
starting to think there are some filmmakers out there that if all they
did was film themselves taking a ****, the critics would call it the
best movie of the year. Tarentino is one of those. There is nothing
special about either Kill Bills except maybe David Carridine and
Tarentinos usual thing about splicing the story out of order.

First one is a lot of fun though, the second not as much. And on the
second you ask yourself all these questions, like(SPOILERS TO FOLLOW):

If that all mega-powerful Pai Mei (who almost possesses a certain
clairvoyance during fighting)is so great, why did he not see the poison
fish heads coming or even let some chick he plucked the eye out of serve
him fish heads.

Are we supposed to be surprised when Beatrix Kiddo uses the exploding
heart technique on Bill? I saw it coming ever since he told the story
about it. He was telling the story and I said "Welp, now we know how
he's gonna die"

Can Tarentino tell a story that doesn't have to do with
Assasins/murderers, Drug Dealers or pimps?

Mike

> I agree completely. Vol. 1 was amazing. Vol.2 was a waste of time.
>
> "Elf Mode Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:iNoUc.2630$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > Vol. 1 was so cool. So imaginative. So energetic. The score kicked ass.
> > Vol. 2 was so lame. So boring. So lifless. So fricking LONG, with

> stretches
> > of lame ass dialogue. The score by, a different composer, was dull, like

> all
> > of Robert Rodriguez's scores.
> > MAYBE if these two movies were joined and about 50% were cut out of part

> 2,
> > it might be a decent flick, but as it stands, its 1/2 of a great movie and
> > 1/2 of a disaster. No wonder they cut this mother in two. Even if

> audiences
> > would have sit still through 4 hours, they would never have forgivin the
> > second half of this movie, so cut it in half and rake in the cash on part
> > one and hope to dupe people into seeing part two thinking it will be as
> > good.
> > Or maybe it wasn't long enough to be two movies so they elongated the two
> > halves instead of trimming the whole. Either way, Vol.2 is a major
> > disappointment after Vol. 1.Considering how freely Miramaxs like to cut
> > films shorter, I'm surprised they didn't this time around.

Jeffy3

"zeus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<4122e334$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I agree completely. Vol. 1 was amazing. Vol.2 was a waste of time.

Good morning everybody!

StevenMcLennan

t doesn't have to>Are we supposed to be surprised when Beatrix Kiddo uses the
exploding
>heart technique on Bill? I saw it coming ever since he told the story
>about it. He was telling the story and I said "Welp, now we know how
>he's gonna die"

Totally, i'd be amazed if people didn't see this coming.

All those milkmen on the same route......... no wonder they fight

Rutgar

On 17 Aug 2004 17:11:05 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Yazandtony) wrote:

<snip>
>. And isnt this movie like almost half a year
>old now? You barely saw it now? I thought you SO loved the first one?

Um, this is a DVD newsgroup. And Kill Bill Volume 2 just came out on
DVD last week. I waited for the DVD as well. Like I do MOST
movies. That's why I built a Home Theater. So I don't have to go to
the theater.

- Rutgar

Joshua Zyber

"Elf Mode Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iNoUc.2630$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Vol. 1 was so cool. So imaginative. So energetic. The score kicked

ass.
> Vol. 2 was so lame. So boring. So lifless. So fricking LONG, with

stretches
> of lame ass dialogue.

Elf Mode Alpha = Stupid Troll.

Yazandtony

What the bloody hell does "welp" mean?

Tad Bitt§ļ£

"Elf Mode Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iNoUc.2630$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Vol. 1 was so cool. So imaginative. So energetic. The score kicked ass.
> Vol. 2 was so lame. So boring. So lifless. So fricking LONG, with

stretches
> of lame ass dialogue. The score by, a different composer, was dull, like

all
> of Robert Rodriguez's scores.
> MAYBE if these two movies were joined and about 50% were cut out of part

2,
> it might be a decent flick, but as it stands, its 1/2 of a great movie and
> 1/2 of a disaster. No wonder they cut this mother in two. Even if

audiences
> would have sit still through 4 hours, they would never have forgivin the
> second half of this movie, so cut it in half and rake in the cash on part
> one and hope to dupe people into seeing part two thinking it will be as
> good.
> Or maybe it wasn't long enough to be two movies so they elongated the two
> halves instead of trimming the whole. Either way, Vol.2 is a major
> disappointment after Vol. 1.Considering how freely Miramaxs like to cut
> films shorter, I'm surprised they didn't this time around.

did we see the same movie? KB II was ****ing bomb!

RnR Lesnar

So I must really be a troll for thinking both Kill Bill's were bad movies. I
didn't care for either of them, especially volume 2.

--
RnR Lesnar
It's True, It's True- Kurt Angle

"Joshua Zyber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FjUUc.2244$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> "Elf Mode Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:iNoUc.2630$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > Vol. 1 was so cool. So imaginative. So energetic. The score kicked

> ass.
> > Vol. 2 was so lame. So boring. So lifless. So fricking LONG, with

> stretches
> > of lame ass dialogue.

> Elf Mode Alpha = Stupid Troll.

Michael Rogers

It's the way some people say "well". It was an intentional distortion

Yazandtony wrote:

> What the bloody hell does "welp" mean?

Peter Eimers

yeah you are right ggg

"Joshua Zyber" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:FjUUc.2244$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> "Elf Mode Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:iNoUc.2630$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > Vol. 1 was so cool. So imaginative. So energetic. The score kicked

> ass.
> > Vol. 2 was so lame. So boring. So lifless. So fricking LONG, with

> stretches
> > of lame ass dialogue.

> Elf Mode Alpha = Stupid Troll.

Kill Bill, part 1 - Anyone seen it yet? I have and.... Riffraff DVD Video 21 11-11-2003 10:11 PM
KILL BILL VOLUME 1 - WHEN??? Joseph S. Powell, III DVD Video 41 10-30-2003 03:24 AM
Kill Bill BEPPE DVD Video 1 10-17-2003 12:28 AM
Kill Bill DVD release - 2 parts? Mr. Mike DVD Video 9 10-16-2003 07:47 PM
Kill Bill question... Edward Holub DVD Video 1 10-08-2003 10:30 PM

Advertisments