Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Kill Bill Vol. 2 = Boooooring!

Kill Bill Vol. 2 = Boooooring!

Elf Mode Alpha

Vol. 1 was so cool. So imaginative. So energetic. The score kicked ass.
Vol. 2 was so lame. So boring. So lifless. So fricking LONG, with stretches
of lame ass dialogue. The score by, a different composer, was dull, like all
of Robert Rodriguez's scores.
MAYBE if these two movies were joined and about 50% were cut out of part 2,
it might be a decent flick, but as it stands, its 1/2 of a great movie and
1/2 of a disaster. No wonder they cut this mother in two. Even if audiences
would have sit still through 4 hours, they would never have forgivin the
second half of this movie, so cut it in half and rake in the cash on part
one and hope to dupe people into seeing part two thinking it will be as
good.
Or maybe it wasn't long enough to be two movies so they elongated the two
halves instead of trimming the whole. Either way, Vol.2 is a major
disappointment after Vol. 1.Considering how freely Miramaxs like to cut
films shorter, I'm surprised they didn't this time around.

Yazandtony

Maybe you should look into things BEFORE you post them, Robert Rodriguez didnt
even do half of the score, moron. And isnt this movie like almost half a year
old now? You barely saw it now? I thought you SO loved the first one?

Mark W

"Elf Mode Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iNoUc.2630$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Vol. 1 was so cool. So imaginative. So energetic. The score kicked ass.
> Vol. 2 was so lame. So boring. So lifless. So fricking LONG, with
> stretches
> of lame ass dialogue. The score by, a different composer, was dull, like
> all
> of Robert Rodriguez's scores.
> MAYBE if these two movies were joined and about 50% were cut out of part
> 2,

No, I think I read somewhere that Tarantino intended it to be like that. And
so, it's beyond criticism to some people. In fact you should be reading all
sorts of hidden messages into that, rather than 'simply' thinking it was a
long boring load of rubbish!

Despite what the director says, expect a volume 3 subtitled 'The Beatrix'

kaydigi

"Yazandtony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Maybe you should look into things BEFORE you post them, Robert Rodriguez

didnt
> even do half of the score, moron. And isnt this movie like almost half a

year
> old now? You barely saw it now? I thought you SO loved the first one

Did THE RZA do the score for this one?

Elf Mode Alpha

"Yazandtony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Maybe you should look into things BEFORE you post them, Robert Rodriguez

didnt
> even do half of the score, moron. And isnt this movie like almost half a

year
> old now? You barely saw it now? I thought you SO loved the first one?

Tisk tisk. Sombody hurt your widdy biddy feelings?
Rodriguez is credited with the "western" score for VOl. 2. Watch the DVD
extras to see him playing it live.
So blow me.
As for when I see movies, that's my business.
So blow me two times.
Kill Bill part 2 sucks ass.

Jordan Lund

"Elf Mode Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<iNoUc.2630$(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> Vol. 1 was so cool. So imaginative. So energetic. The score kicked ass.
> Vol. 2 was so lame. So boring. So lifless. So fricking LONG, with stretches
> of lame ass dialogue. The score by, a different composer, was dull, like all
> of Robert Rodriguez's scores.

I thought the score was a bit cliche, it would have been nice to have
seen what RZA would have done with it.

> Or maybe it wasn't long enough to be two movies so they elongated the two
> halves instead of trimming the whole. Either way, Vol.2 is a major
> disappointment after Vol. 1.Considering how freely Miramaxs like to cut
> films shorter, I'm surprised they didn't this time around.

Vol. 2 is completely different from Vol. 1. That's not to say it's
bad. The sense of tension and foreboding is so much higher in Vol. 2.
The whole scene at the beginning with Beatrix and Bill is loaded with
menace because we know what's coming, we just don't know when. Vol. 2
didn't have to be over-the-top action. That's what Vol. 1 was for.

Still, I could see editing it down to one film. You'd lose the
backstory on O-Ren (the animated bits) and Budd (the first showing how
accomplished she is, the 2nd showing how far he's fallen from his
prime.) Elle calling Budd a "bush-whackin' scrub alkie piece of ****"
would carry less power without the scene in the nudie bar.

- Jordan

Jordan Lund

"Elf Mode Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<iNoUc.2630$(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> Vol. 1 was so cool. So imaginative. So energetic. The score kicked ass.
> Vol. 2 was so lame. So boring. So lifless. So fricking LONG, with stretches
> of lame ass dialogue. The score by, a different composer, was dull, like all
> of Robert Rodriguez's scores.

I thought the score was a bit cliche, it would have been nice to have
seen what RZA would have done with it.

> Or maybe it wasn't long enough to be two movies so they elongated the two
> halves instead of trimming the whole. Either way, Vol.2 is a major
> disappointment after Vol. 1.Considering how freely Miramaxs like to cut
> films shorter, I'm surprised they didn't this time around.

Vol. 2 is completely different from Vol. 1. That's not to say it's
bad. The sense of tension and foreboding is so much higher in Vol. 2.
The whole scene at the beginning with Beatrix and Bill is loaded with
menace because we know what's coming, we just don't know when. Vol. 2
didn't have to be over-the-top action. That's what Vol. 1 was for.

Still, I could see editing it down to one film. You'd lose the
backstory on O-Ren (the animated bits) and Budd (the first showing how
accomplished she is, the 2nd showing how far he's fallen from his
prime.) Elle calling Budd a "bush-whackin' scrub alkie piece of ****"
would carry less power without the scene in the nudie bar. You'd
probably also lose the bit with Esteban, which I really liked, since
it showed the mirroring of events with Bill and Beatrix.

- Jordan

Yazandtony

Why do you want me to blow you? Is that how to usually try to end an internet
argument? Very, very strange.

zeus

I agree completely. Vol. 1 was amazing. Vol.2 was a waste of time.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Yazandtony) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Why do you want me to blow you? Is that how to usually try to end an internet
> argument? Very, very strange.

? WTF?

- Jordan

Kill Bill, part 1 - Anyone seen it yet? I have and.... Riffraff DVD Video 21 11-11-2003 10:11 PM
KILL BILL VOLUME 1 - WHEN??? Joseph S. Powell, III DVD Video 41 10-30-2003 03:24 AM
Kill Bill BEPPE DVD Video 1 10-17-2003 12:28 AM
Kill Bill DVD release - 2 parts? Mr. Mike DVD Video 9 10-16-2003 07:47 PM
Kill Bill question... Edward Holub DVD Video 1 10-08-2003 10:30 PM

Advertisments