Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Streaming Video

Reply
Thread Tools

Streaming Video

 
 
Johnny Lingo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-11-2004
What software can be used to capture Steaming Video?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Johnny Lingo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-11-2004
Or Streaming audio?


"Johnny Lingo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gMuSc.131738$eM2.128908@attbi_s51...
> What software can be used to capture Steaming Video?
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Stephen Cooke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-11-2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Johnny Lingo wrote:

> What software can be used to capture Steaming Video?


Depends if you have a disc burner that can boil water.

swac

 
Reply With Quote
 
Martin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-11-2004

"Johnny Lingo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:t1vSc.269936$JR4.262445@attbi_s54...
> Or Streaming audio?
>
>
> "Johnny Lingo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gMuSc.131738$eM2.128908@attbi_s51...
> > What software can be used to capture Steaming Video?
> >
> >

>
>


What format is the stream that you want to capture?

Windows Media / Real /Quicktime?

Martin.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Waterperson77
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-11-2004
I've found some that claim to record streaming video. However, everyone that
I've found that claims to, does not record streaming video in any watchable
format.

Windows media recorder claims to record streaming video, but does not do so
correctly, even when the stream is at or below your connection speed.

ditto for other streaming media recorders that claim to record streaming video.

you're better off just watching the video online without recording.

It's much more watchable that way.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Rescate
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-11-2004
"Johnny Lingo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:gMuSc.131738$eM2.128908@attbi_s51:

> What software can be used to capture Steaming Video?
>
>


http://www.afterdawn.com/software/au.../streambox_vcr.
cfm

(copy paste the URL,too long for one line)

Streambox VCR
--Rescate
 
Reply With Quote
 
Johnny Lingo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-11-2004

"Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Johnny Lingo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:t1vSc.269936$JR4.262445@attbi_s54...
>> Or Streaming audio?
>>
>>
>> "Johnny Lingo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:gMuSc.131738$eM2.128908@attbi_s51...
>> > What software can be used to capture Steaming Video?
>> >
>> >

>>
>>

>
> What format is the stream that you want to capture?
>
> Windows Media / Real /Quicktime?
>
> Martin.
>
>


YES, all of the above


 
Reply With Quote
 
Martin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-12-2004

"Johnny Lingo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0pxSc.288223$Oq2.214384@attbi_s52...
>
> "Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Johnny Lingo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:t1vSc.269936$JR4.262445@attbi_s54...
> >> Or Streaming audio?
> >>
> >>
> >> "Johnny Lingo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:gMuSc.131738$eM2.128908@attbi_s51...
> >> > What software can be used to capture Steaming Video?
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >>

> >
> > What format is the stream that you want to capture?
> >
> > Windows Media / Real /Quicktime?
> >
> > Martin.
> >
> >

>
> YES, all of the above
>
>


Well for capturing Windows Media Format i have successfully used HiNet
Recorder.
Freeware from http://en.hoonnet.com/english1/recorder_intro.html

Software to capture Real is rarer - the StreamboxVCR works but is now an
'outlawed' piece of software.
I think it breaks Real's copyright so Real took legal action against the
authors.
However download links to StreamboxVCR can be found on Google.

And as for Quicktime - i've never seen any software that can capture
streaming QT format.
The standard Quicktime browser plug-in will allow you to save a streamed
file once it's finished streaming - but i guess this is only for
un-protected streams.

I have also seen guides that use the DirectX utility GraphEdit to capture
streaming media - though i've never invested the time to learn this one.
Here's a link to one guide
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/180205.php
A search on Google for 'graphedit stream capture' will reveal more.

HTH.

Martin.


 
Reply With Quote
 
napalm68
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-12-2004
Just look for a program call nettransport.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jay G
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-13-2004
Waterperson77 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've found some that claim to record streaming video. However,
> everyone that I've found that claims to, does not record streaming
> video in any watchable format.


Well of course video quality is going to be a problem when
you're trying to watch it with your HEAD stuck up your ASS.

-Jay


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Streaming video and router Dafydd Wireless Networking 0 04-05-2006 10:41 PM
Streaming Audio/Video Crashes DSL/Cable Connection Guy Quinn Wireless Networking 0 12-31-2005 09:12 PM
Streaming video senoj Firefox 17 07-30-2004 04:35 AM



Advertisments