Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Re: brain dumps

Re: brain dumps

Beoweolf

Tests are not and never were meant to be fair. Fair would be open book,
unlimited time and no grades. Tests are designed to exclude. As long as the
test excludes on the basis of merit (in this case knowledge) then it can be
reasonably link as a predictor of competence in the subject being tested.

The tests allow for a reasonable percentage of false answers, 100% is not
the only passing score, despite the clamoring of people who have already
achieved MCSE or MCSA status, at the current pass/fail level, it would not
be in the best interests of employers or candidates.

Braindumps are "bad" because you are not being tested. The person who took
the test and provided the "correct(?)" answers was tested, then passes the
answers on to you. Test simulations (Transcender, Measure-up, etc) do
provide a similar experience..no different than practice SAT tests, for
college entrance or questions at the end of a chapter in your manual...but
not the current test or current answers. So, what would be a good test of a
Brain dump vs. a test simulation? If it is advertised as "exact" answers as
on the test...it is a Brain Dump. Think of it like your system
responsibilities are the same as your new Porsche; one technician actually
worked on cars for some period of time, upgraded his skills by reading
manuals, observing more experienced techs and attended and successfully
completed a factory approved test on what is wrong with your vehicle.
Another got a look at the test and the correct answers some time before the
test, and passed with the same grade. Your $100,000 piece of fine machinery
needs to be inspected, the brakes repaired for that next 280Km blast down
the crowded Autobahn. Who do you want working on your car, who do you trust
when he says, that the funny noise you heard or vibration you felt was,
"it's not a problem"? Now take that same experience and apply it to a
business owner that relies on maximum uptime for his staff to perform and
respond to daily customer, stocking and sales issues. Who do you think he
wants running his companies life's blood?

When you work with a fellow professional, you expect him or her to pull
their own weight, how fair is it to have all the hard, technical shuffled
off to one person, when everyone is supposedly equally trained and equally
compensated?
"owen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi.
>
> I have a dumb question, but I ask because I am new to this and I honestly
> dont know.
>
> Can someone please explain to me what exactly are "brain dumps" and what

is
> so bad about them? why are they different to say, Transcender.? Arent

they
> just practice exams? I am confused.
>

> Owen

Techie

Well said Beowolf

--
Techie
A+, Network+, MCP, MCNGP #21

"Beoweolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]

> respond to daily customer, stocking and sales issues. Who do you think he
> wants running his companies life's blood?
>
> When you work with a fellow professional, you expect him or her to pull
> their own weight, how fair is it to have all the hard, technical shuffled
> off to one person, when everyone is supposedly equally trained and equally
> compensated?
> "owen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hi.
> >
> > I have a dumb question, but I ask because I am new to this and I

honestly
> > dont know.
> >
> > Can someone please explain to me what exactly are "brain dumps" and what

> is
> > so bad about them? why are they different to say, Transcender.? Arent

Bro

You have way too much time on your hands.

> [...]

> respond to daily customer, stocking and sales issues. Who do you think he
> wants running his companies life's blood?
>
> When you work with a fellow professional, you expect him or her to pull
> their own weight, how fair is it to have all the hard, technical shuffled
> off to one person, when everyone is supposedly equally trained and equally
> compensated?
> "owen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hi.
> >
> > I have a dumb question, but I ask because I am new to this and I

honestly
> > dont know.
> >
> > Can someone please explain to me what exactly are "brain dumps" and what

> is
> > so bad about them? why are they different to say, Transcender.? Arent

Omar Rizwan

That isn't remotely relevant.
"Bro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]

he
> > wants running his companies life's blood?
> >
> > When you work with a fellow professional, you expect him or her to pull
> > their own weight, how fair is it to have all the hard, technical

shuffled
> > off to one person, when everyone is supposedly equally trained and

equally
> > compensated?
> > "owen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > hi.
> > >
> > > I have a dumb question, but I ask because I am new to this and I

> honestly
> > > dont know.
> > >
> > > Can someone please explain to me what exactly are "brain dumps" and

what
> > is
> > > so bad about them? why are they different to say, Transcender.?

left brain and right brain permutations pataphor Python 0 06-14-2009 07:14 PM
How well the brain dumps would be? GTS MCSD 1 01-02-2005 11:05 PM
Are BootCamps Brain Dumps? . MCSE 12 11-12-2004 04:20 PM
brain dumps Matthew MCSD 40 11-12-2003 08:23 PM
brain dumps talid MCSE 1 07-13-2003 05:26 PM

Advertisments