Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Kill Bill v.2 Ending Interpretation:

Kill Bill v.2 Ending Interpretation:

Jordan Lund

OK, so I watched Kill Bill again last night and I've come to a
different conclusion than I have previously...

If you read below you WILL HAVE the very end of the movie spoiled for
you...

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

So here's my conclusion... Beatrix uses the 5-point palm exploding
heart technique to kill Bill... but at the very end she's lying on the
bathroom floor, half crying, half laughing and says "Thank you."

Thank you to who? For what?

I'm thinking that she didn't really kill Bill. There is no 5-point
palm exploding heart technique (or if there is, Pai Mei didn't teach
it to her.) It was all an elaborate play act to give Beatrix her
percieved revenge and allow Bill to let her go gracefully without
losing face.

The theme is introduced when Bill and B.B. "get the drop" on Beatrix
as she comes through the door. It's all pretend, the civility between
them is pretend. That's why she's laughing and crying at the end,
after everything that happened, after everything they both did, he let
her and her daughter go.

Further evidence comes from the end credits. The other people on the
list are all accounted for, Vivica A. Fox, Lucy Liu and Michael Madsen
all have lines drawn through their names showing that their characters
died. Daryl Hannah is left in a questionable state and is marked with
a question mark in the credits.

But Uma Thurman and David Carradine share unmarked credits leading me
to think that they both live what can only be described for their
characters as happily ever after.

- Jordan

On 11 Aug 2004 09:37:13 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jordan Lund)
wrote:

>OK, so I watched Kill Bill again last night and I've come to a
>different conclusion than I have previously...
>
>If you read below you WILL HAVE the very end of the movie spoiled for
>you...
>
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>
>So here's my conclusion... Beatrix uses the 5-point palm exploding
>heart technique to kill Bill... but at the very end she's lying on the
>bathroom floor, half crying, half laughing and says "Thank you."
>
>Thank you to who? For what?

She is thanking God. For reuniting her with her daughter.

>I'm thinking that she didn't really kill Bill. There is no 5-point
>palm exploding heart technique (or if there is, Pai Mei didn't teach
>it to her.) It was all an elaborate play act to give Beatrix her
>percieved revenge and allow Bill to let her go gracefully without
>losing face.
>
>The theme is introduced when Bill and B.B. "get the drop" on Beatrix
>as she comes through the door. It's all pretend, the civility between
>them is pretend. That's why she's laughing and crying at the end,
>after everything that happened, after everything they both did, he let
>her and her daughter go.
>
>Further evidence comes from the end credits. The other people on the
>list are all accounted for, Vivica A. Fox, Lucy Liu and Michael Madsen
>all have lines drawn through their names showing that their characters
>died. Daryl Hannah is left in a questionable state and is marked with
>a question mark in the credits.
>
>But Uma Thurman and David Carradine share unmarked credits leading me
>to think that they both live what can only be described for their
>characters as happily ever after.
>
>- Jordan

Bob Smolinsky

BBC article today :

"Tarantino said he would consider doing a sequel to the two-parter in
about 15 years time, when the Bride's daughter is 20 years old. "

which ties in with another article I read somewhere that he was
thinking about when the daughter is older it's time for more revenge.

Jay Stewart

"Bob Smolinsky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> BBC article today :
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3554536.stm
>
> "Tarantino said he would consider doing a sequel to the two-parter in
> about 15 years time, when the Bride's daughter is 20 years old. "
>
> which ties in with another article I read somewhere that he was
> thinking about when the daughter is older it's time for more revenge.

IIRC, I believe the revenge is going to come at the hands of the daughter of
the character played by Vivica A. Fox.

BH

On 11 Aug 2004 09:37:13 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Jordan Lund)
wrote:

>OK, so I watched Kill Bill again last night and I've come to a
>different conclusion than I have previously...
>
>If you read below you WILL HAVE the very end of the movie spoiled for
>you...
>
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>
>So here's my conclusion... Beatrix uses the 5-point palm exploding
>heart technique to kill Bill... but at the very end she's lying on the
>bathroom floor, half crying, half laughing and says "Thank you."
>
>Thank you to who? For what?
>
>I'm thinking that she didn't really kill Bill. There is no 5-point
>palm exploding heart technique (or if there is, Pai Mei didn't teach
>it to her.) It was all an elaborate play act to give Beatrix her
>percieved revenge and allow Bill to let her go gracefully without
>losing face.
>
>The theme is introduced when Bill and B.B. "get the drop" on Beatrix
>as she comes through the door. It's all pretend, the civility between
>them is pretend. That's why she's laughing and crying at the end,
>after everything that happened, after everything they both did, he let
>her and her daughter go.
>
>Further evidence comes from the end credits. The other people on the
>list are all accounted for, Vivica A. Fox, Lucy Liu and Michael Madsen
>all have lines drawn through their names showing that their characters
>died. Daryl Hannah is left in a questionable state and is marked with
>a question mark in the credits.
>
>But Uma Thurman and David Carradine share unmarked credits leading me
>to think that they both live what can only be described for their
>characters as happily ever after.
>
>- Jordan

I think she is thanking God for having her child back, a child she
taught was dead since the moment Bill shot her in the head.
The laughing might be caused by the truth drug Bill used on her, the
one with the euphoria side effect...

Mike

Cernovog

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:37:13 -0400, Jordan Lund wrote
(in message <(E-Mail Removed)>) :

> So here's my conclusion...

Here's some sage advice for you:

Just repeat to yourself "it's just a show"

....and you really should relax!

PCportinc

>Daryl Hannah is left in a questionable state and is marked with
>a question mark in the credits.

Just like Priss in Blade Runner, we dont know if she was or was not killed.
Did you notice how when Uma took her eye out Daryl did the same she did in BR
when Priss was shot?

Joseph S. Powell, III

"PCportinc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >Daryl Hannah is left in a questionable state and is marked with
> >a question mark in the credits.
> >

> Just like Priss in Blade Runner, we dont know if she was or was not

killed.
> Did you notice how when Uma took her eye out Daryl did the same she did in

BR
> when Priss was shot?

And you can bet it was an homage to Blade Runner by QT.

Rutgar

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:17:33 -0500, "Joseph S. Powell, III"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"PCportinc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >Daryl Hannah is left in a questionable state and is marked with
>> >a question mark in the credits.
>> >

>> Just like Priss in Blade Runner, we dont know if she was or was not

>killed.
>> Did you notice how when Uma took her eye out Daryl did the same she did in

>BR
>> when Priss was shot?
>>

>And you can bet it was an homage to Blade Runner by QT.

He He. Bimbo bread.

- Rutgar

Otter

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:55:57 -0500, Avatar <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 11 Aug 2004 09:37:13 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Jordan Lund)
>wrote:
>
>>OK, so I watched Kill Bill again last night and I've come to a
>>different conclusion than I have previously...
>>
>>If you read below you WILL HAVE the very end of the movie spoiled for
>>you...
>>
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>
>>So here's my conclusion... Beatrix uses the 5-point palm exploding
>>heart technique to kill Bill... but at the very end she's lying on the
>>bathroom floor, half crying, half laughing and says "Thank you."
>>
>>Thank you to who? For what?

>She is thanking God. For reuniting her with her daughter.

....and for being victorious in her revenge.

It's not any harder than that.

-Otter

Kill Bill, part 1 - Anyone seen it yet? I have and.... Riffraff DVD Video 21 11-11-2003 10:11 PM
KILL BILL VOLUME 1 - WHEN??? Joseph S. Powell, III DVD Video 41 10-30-2003 03:24 AM
Kill Bill BEPPE DVD Video 1 10-17-2003 12:28 AM
Kill Bill DVD release - 2 parts? Mr. Mike DVD Video 9 10-16-2003 07:47 PM
Kill Bill question... Edward Holub DVD Video 1 10-08-2003 10:30 PM

Advertisments