Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Swearing

Swearing

Nick

Is there a website that tells you if there is a large amount of swearing in
a film and the reason a film got a certain cert. I know some Dvd's have the
listing on the back (in the UK anyway) but when you are buying of the net
it's sometimes really hard to find out if the films contains bad swearing.
You can't go by the ratings anymore as the standards have dropped, I've
heard bad swearing in a PG before.

Marci

Nick wrote:
> Is there a website that tells you if there is a large amount of swearing in
> a film and the reason a film got a certain cert. I know some Dvd's have the
> listing on the back (in the UK anyway) but when you are buying of the net
> it's sometimes really hard to find out if the films contains bad swearing.
> You can't go by the ratings anymore as the standards have dropped, I've
> heard bad swearing in a PG before.

I don't know how much this will help you, but I check here before I take
my 12 year old grand-daughter to see a movie.

http://www.allmovie.com/

Brian

www.screenit.com

It is excellent!

news:cfct7o$bk6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a website that tells you if there is a large amount of swearing

in
> a film and the reason a film got a certain cert. I know some Dvd's have

the
> listing on the back (in the UK anyway) but when you are buying of the net
> it's sometimes really hard to find out if the films contains bad swearing.
> You can't go by the ratings anymore as the standards have dropped, I've
> heard bad swearing in a PG before.

Joe McC

news:cfct7o$bk6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a website that tells you if there is a large amount of swearing

in
> a film and the reason a film got a certain cert. I know some Dvd's have

the
> listing on the back (in the UK anyway) but when you are buying of the net
> it's sometimes really hard to find out if the films contains bad swearing.
> You can't go by the ratings anymore as the standards have dropped, I've
> heard bad swearing in a PG before.

Yep, it's a ****ing disgrace, the **** these bastards get away with in our
Godless times. Red-hot poker up the arse would teach them some ****ing
morals. That's what I say!

Jordan Lund

"Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<cfct7o$bk6$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Is there a website that tells you if there is a large amount of swearing in
> a film and the reason a film got a certain cert. I know some Dvd's have the
> listing on the back (in the UK anyway) but when you are buying of the net
> it's sometimes really hard to find out if the films contains bad swearing.
> You can't go by the ratings anymore as the standards have dropped, I've
> heard bad swearing in a PG before.

The best advice is to get over yourself. They're just words. There are
way better things to be offended by besides language.

- Jordan

Joe McC

"Jordan Lund" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<cfct7o$bk6$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Is there a website that tells you if there is a large amount of swearing

in
> > a film and the reason a film got a certain cert. I know some Dvd's have

the
> > listing on the back (in the UK anyway) but when you are buying of the

net
> > it's sometimes really hard to find out if the films contains bad

swearing.
> > You can't go by the ratings anymore as the standards have dropped, I've
> > heard bad swearing in a PG before.

> The best advice is to get over yourself. They're just words. There are
> way better things to be offended by besides language.
>
> - Jordan

Heh Heh, so if I were to call you an insensitive smelly ****wad, with all
the appeal of a flaccid cock & facial features which remind me of a 90 yr
old man's ball sack, you'll not be offended? You smegma licking bumbouncer!

Justin

Joe McC wrote on [Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:20:01 +0100]:

> "Jordan Lund" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>> "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:<cfct7o$bk6$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> > Is there a website that tells you if there is a large amount of swearing

> in
>> > a film and the reason a film got a certain cert. I know some Dvd's have

> the
>> > listing on the back (in the UK anyway) but when you are buying of the

> net
>> > it's sometimes really hard to find out if the films contains bad

> swearing.
>> > You can't go by the ratings anymore as the standards have dropped, I've
>> > heard bad swearing in a PG before.

>> The best advice is to get over yourself. They're just words. There are
>> way better things to be offended by besides language.
>>
>> - Jordan

> Heh Heh, so if I were to call you an insensitive smelly ****wad, with all
> the appeal of a flaccid cock & facial features which remind me of a 90 yr
> old man's ball sack, you'll not be offended? You smegma licking bumbouncer!

How is that different from me calling you a wasted conception, semen
that should have been caught in a tissue.

Your face remind me of a 90 year old scrotum and you have all the
appeal of a dysfunctional penis.

It's not the words that should offend.

Joe McC

"Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
> Joe McC wrote on [Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:20:01 +0100]:
> >
> > "Jordan Lund" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> >> "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > news:<cfct7o$bk6$(E-Mail Removed)>...

swearing
> > in

have
> > the

> > net

> > swearing.

I've

> >> The best advice is to get over yourself. They're just words. There are
> >> way better things to be offended by besides language.
> >>
> >> - Jordan

> > Heh Heh, so if I were to call you an insensitive smelly ****wad, with

all
> > the appeal of a flaccid cock & facial features which remind me of a 90

yr
> > old man's ball sack, you'll not be offended? You smegma licking

bumbouncer!

> How is that different from me calling you a wasted conception, semen
> that should have been caught in a tissue.
>
> Your face remind me of a 90 year old scrotum and you have all the
> appeal of a dysfunctional penis.
>
> It's not the words that should offend.

But mine are funnier.

Michael Rogers

Yeah, like telling somebody HOW to be offended.

> The best advice is to get over yourself. They're just words. There are
> way better things to be offended by besides language.
>
> - Jordan

Ronald Cole

"Joe McC" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> "Jordan Lund" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>> "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:<cfct7o$bk6$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> > Is there a website that tells you if there is a large amount of swearing

> in
>> > a film and the reason a film got a certain cert. I know some Dvd's have

> the
>> > listing on the back (in the UK anyway) but when you are buying of the

> net
>> > it's sometimes really hard to find out if the films contains bad

> swearing.
>> > You can't go by the ratings anymore as the standards have dropped, I've
>> > heard bad swearing in a PG before.

>> The best advice is to get over yourself. They're just words. There are
>> way better things to be offended by besides language.
>>
>> - Jordan

> Heh Heh, so if I were to call you an insensitive smelly ****wad, with all
> the appeal of a flaccid cock & facial features which remind me of a 90 yr
> old man's ball sack, you'll not be offended? You smegma licking bumbouncer!

Sometimes the truth hurts, ya cum-burping, gutter tramp!

Ronald Cole <(E-Mail Removed)> Phone: (760) 499-9142
President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152