Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Star Trek:TOS DVD Rerelease Trailer

Star Trek:TOS DVD Rerelease Trailer

RR

Richard Hassinger

This trailer says it will be out this month... How is this series
different from the TOS library which has already been available for
some time?

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 21:41:58 -0500, "RR" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>http://www.scifiheaven.net/main/trailers/toss1hi.html

Douglas Bailey

Richard Hassinger wrote:
> This trailer says it will be out this month... How is this series
> different from the TOS library which has already been available for
> some time?

It has extras where the existing discs are bare-bones. It includes the
original mono soundtracks as well as the 5.1-channel remix, where the
current releases only have the remix. And it's significantly cheaper ($135
list for Season One vs. the ~$300 list it would cost you to buy those 29
episodes on 15 separate discs).

Oh, and it'll take up *far* less room on your shelves, too.

doug

--
"In all your hurry, you've accidentally locked the gate..."
--XTC

Douglas Bailey

Douglas Bailey wrote:
> Richard Hassinger wrote:
>> How is this series different from the TOS library which has already been
>> available for some time?

> ...It includes the original mono soundtracks as well as the 5.1-channel
> remix, where the current releases only have the remix.

I wrote the above earlier in the month, when it appeared to be true (going
by details cited on DVDFile).

Sadly, as I've already pointed out in another thread --
<http://google.com/groups?selm=jtbd9upfoito.dlg%40snernce.com> -- I was
wrong: the 2-channel tracks on the season box are sourced from the remix,
not the original mono mixes.

Just didn't want to leave any misinformation in this thread.

doug

--
"The answer to your question is -- what can you afford?"
--H-A-L-O

Ronald Cole

Douglas Bailey <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Douglas Bailey wrote:
>> Richard Hassinger wrote:
>>> How is this series different from the TOS library which has already been
>>> available for some time?

>> ...It includes the original mono soundtracks as well as the 5.1-channel
>> remix, where the current releases only have the remix.

> I wrote the above earlier in the month, when it appeared to be true (going
> by details cited on DVDFile).
>
> Sadly, as I've already pointed out in another thread --
> <http://google.com/groups?selm=jtbd9upfoito.dlg%40snernce.com> -- I was
> wrong: the 2-channel tracks on the season box are sourced from the remix,
> not the original mono mixes.
>
> Just didn't want to leave any misinformation in this thread.

And Paramount couldn't be bothered to fix the telecine jitters in
a couple of the episodes (e.g. "City on the Edge of Forever").
Cheap bastards.

Ronald Cole <(E-Mail Removed)> Phone: (760) 499-9142
President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152

Larry Gold

and has brilliant extras

--