Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Criterion never fails to impress me

Criterion never fails to impress me

NeoRenegade

jayembee wrote:

> Grand Inquisitor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Typical liberal, calling a conservative stupid.

> Hypocrite.
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:...olumbus.rr.com
>
> "...(liberals are the most ignorant people on the planet)..."
>
> I thought you said you were going away.
>
> -- jayembee

I hope his brand of political moron will shut up after this year's election.

- NR

Tad Bitt§ļ£

"Grand Inquisitor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9V5Rc.131232$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Vlvetmorning98 wrote:
> > perfect timing, too
> >
> > http://www.criterionco.com/asp/release.asp?id=258
> >
> > http://www.criterionco.com/asp/release.asp?id=257
> > (one of their best laserdiscs finally comes to DVD)

> Another politically motivated choice from Criterion, taking away
> precious distribution rights money and restoration funds from far more
> deserving movies.
>
> --
>
> "One must conclude that, contrary to the established and current wisdom,
> a scenario describing the genesis of life on earth by chance and natural
> causes which can be accepted on the basis of fact and not faith, has not
> yet been written."
>
> --Hubert P. Yockey, Journal of Theoretical Biology

...except for the high ****ing cost to buy these discs..

Murder

I'll say it again- Criterion needs to get with the times. DVDs are
coming way down in cost. Even obscure titles are routinely released by
companies like Retromedia, Media Blasters and Blue Underground for less
than half what Criterion charges. Criterion extras are usually quite
banal and superfluous, and they seldom try to actually create any content
themselves. They are severely overrated and living in the past, and I
dread to hear about titles I want getting secured by Criterion. Maybe
they've gotten better since I decided to stop giving them my bussiness,
but there is no reason for a single title to command forty bucks unless
it has at least three discs of extras. I guess as long as there are rich
geeks with money to burn who have to have a painstaking transfer of
everything (even movies that hardly call for them), they'll manage to
stay afloat.

--
"There is no more foul or relentless enemy of man in the occult world
than this dead-alive creature spewed up from the grave..."

Black Locust

In article <Xns9544D1181C1E3steveringispwestcom@129.250.170.8 6>,
Murder <(E-Mail Removed)!> wrote:

> I'll say it again- Criterion needs to get with the times. DVDs are
> coming way down in cost. Even obscure titles are routinely released by
> companies like Retromedia, Media Blasters and Blue Underground for less
> than half what Criterion charges.

The people at Anchor Bay are very upset with you for excluding them.
--
BL

Murder

Black Locust <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:bl2112-

> In article <Xns9544D1181C1E3steveringispwestcom@129.250.170.8 6>,
> Murder <(E-Mail Removed)!> wrote:
>
>> I'll say it again- Criterion needs to get with the times. DVDs are
>> coming way down in cost. Even obscure titles are routinely released

by
>> companies like Retromedia, Media Blasters and Blue Underground for

less
>> than half what Criterion charges.

> The people at Anchor Bay are very upset with you for excluding them.

Anchor Bay spoiled me, so I suppose I take them for granted..