Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DUEL DVD - Will it be the same as the recalled one?

DUEL DVD - Will it be the same as the recalled one?

Jeffman316

I was able to get several copies of DUEL on DVD from Amazon before
the first release was recalled.

I sold all of them but one that I kept for myself. Will the new release be
the same as the old one? Why was it recalled?

Thanks!
Jeff

Richard C.

I got one the day it came out too.

You mean it has STILL not been released?

======================
news:Xns953DDEBF270CAslapnutsrulehotmailc@216.196. 97.142...
:
: I sold all of them but one that I kept for myself. Will the new
release be
: the same as the old one? Why was it recalled?
:
: Thanks!
: Jeff

Mark

Jeffman316 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I was able to get several copies of DUEL on DVD from Amazon before
>the first release was recalled.
>
>I sold all of them but one that I kept for myself. Will the new release be
>the same as the old one? Why was it recalled?
>
>Thanks!
>Jeff

I found the truck on the street on a bike ride in Burbank recently.
The pics are at http://www.mavn.us/duel/duel.htm .
Notice the "California Historical Vehicle" plate.
Wonder if it gets a discount on commercial truck insurance.
Maybe it's a "double", but it looks pretty authentic to me.

Remove gibberish from my email address to reply.

Black Locust

Let's take this piece of **** flood spammer down.
--
BL

J. Tyler

Jeffman316 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Xns953DDEBF270CAslapnutsrulehotmailc@216.196 .97.142>...

> I was able to get several copies of DUEL on DVD from Amazon before
> the first release was recalled.
>
> I sold all of them but one that I kept for myself. Will the new release be
> the same as the old one? Why was it recalled?

This page has some screenshots of a likely reason...

http://bmnr10.tripod.com/duel_sounds.htm

The crew and director are visible by mistake in various scenes.
Spielberg even talks about it on the DVD, but fails to mention all of
the bloopers.

JT

Steve K.

Jeffman316 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:<Xns953DDEBF270CAslapnutsrulehotmailc@216.196 .97.142>...
>>I sold all of them but one that I kept for myself. Will the new release be
>>the same as the old one?

Exactly the same. Identical.

J. Tyler wrote:
> This page has some screenshots of a likely reason...
>
> http://bmnr10.tripod.com/duel_sounds.htm
>
> The crew and director are visible by mistake in various scenes.
> Spielberg even talks about it on the DVD, but fails to mention all of
> the bloopers.

Most likely NOT the reason to hold the DVD back.