Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: Any recent experiences with GamezNFlix?

Re: Any recent experiences with GamezNFlix?

futureworlds

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 15:00:57 -0700, "Joe Kaffe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"futureworlds" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) worlds.it...
>> I badly want to drop out of Netflix because of their intentional slowdown
>> tactics, but not sure if there is a viable alternative.
>>
>> Earlier posts of GamezNFlix experiences range from bad to worse,

>especially
>> in shipping speed. Do any of you have recent (last month or so)

>experience
>> with them? If so, how long does it take, normally, to get a disc from

>them
>> and how long does it take for them to acknowledge receit of a disc after

>it
>> goes out in the mail? (It'd be helpful if you give your location.)
>>
>> Also interested if any of you have had experience with other online rental
>> stores. I really really hate to give my money to Walmart, so hope there
>> are others who deliver the goods quickly.

>Blockbuster just started an online rental service with the main difference
>between it and Netflix being price. Blockbuster is a bit less. Additionally,
>Blockbuster will throw in 2 free rentals per month from one of their
>outlets. I just signed up for a free 2 week trial, so I can't compare turn
>around time to that of Netflix.
>
>Blockbuster also has a plan at their retail stores. $24.95/mo -- no late
>fees -- no monthly limit, but only two out at a time. (I believe this is
>available nationally.)

Thanks, Joe. I was aware of the Blockbuster retail store deal, but hadn't
heard of the online competition. The retail store deal didn't interest me
because of the very limited store selection. But the online thing could be
a whole different matter...