Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Shrink 3.1 Burn Error

DVD Shrink 3.1 Burn Error

Maver

Ok, so I've used DVD shrink 3.1 to compress DVD's and then burn them
using the same program. After about 75% burn time, an error pops up
and the burn is terminated. Most of the time the DVD plays up until
the last 2 or 3 scenes, occassionally the whole thing works fine.
I've also tried using DVD Decrypter, going straight to file mode since
the ISO and IFO modes don't show up when trying to use dvd shrink
afterwards. Whats going on and what can I do to quit wasting these
DVD-R's? I've also tried burning directly using Nero and it stopped
at the same spot. Is this a security device inside? How can I
bypass?

Robotman

What sort of error are you getting?

What media are you using?

What burner do you have?

Have you done any firmware updates to the drive?

Robotman.

"Maver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Ok, so I've used DVD shrink 3.1 to compress DVD's and then burn them
> using the same program. After about 75% burn time, an error pops up
> and the burn is terminated. Most of the time the DVD plays up until
> the last 2 or 3 scenes, occassionally the whole thing works fine.
> I've also tried using DVD Decrypter, going straight to file mode since
> the ISO and IFO modes don't show up when trying to use dvd shrink
> afterwards. Whats going on and what can I do to quit wasting these
> DVD-R's? I've also tried burning directly using Nero and it stopped
> at the same spot. Is this a security device inside? How can I
> bypass?

Maver

I'll have to get back to you on the error message itself, by media,
I'm assuming you're refering to the brand of DVD-R I am using which is
COMPUSA (experimenting with the cheaper ones prior to using more
expensive). My burner is a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R5002. As for firmware
updates, I'm anovice to this, so I do not believe I have done any
updates.

"Robotman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> What sort of error are you getting?
>
> What media are you using?
>
> What burner do you have?
>
> Have you done any firmware updates to the drive?
>

> Robotman.
>

> "Maver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Ok, so I've used DVD shrink 3.1 to compress DVD's and then burn them
> > using the same program. After about 75% burn time, an error pops up
> > and the burn is terminated. Most of the time the DVD plays up until
> > the last 2 or 3 scenes, occassionally the whole thing works fine.
> > I've also tried using DVD Decrypter, going straight to file mode since
> > the ISO and IFO modes don't show up when trying to use dvd shrink
> > afterwards. Whats going on and what can I do to quit wasting these
> > DVD-R's? I've also tried burning directly using Nero and it stopped
> > at the same spot. Is this a security device inside? How can I
> > bypass?

Maver

"Robotman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> What sort of error are you getting?
>
> What media are you using?
>
> What burner do you have?
>
> Have you done any firmware updates to the drive?
>

> Robotman.

This is a copy of the exact error message...the warning sign appears
saying Burn Error and then I can scroll down the whole burn process
and find this at the end. I click OK and it takes me to another
screen that says the burn failed and that the encoded backup was
successful and can be used to burn with appropriate tools. I play
what is done of the erred DVD and it gets 75% of the way done

#24 CDR -1135 File Writer.cpp, Line 304
Write error

2:46:36 PM #25 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 229
all writers idle, stopping conversion

2:46:36 PM #26 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 223
conversion idle, stopping reader

2:46:36 PM #27 Text 0 File DVDR.cpp, Line 2256
EndDAO: Last written address was 1540063

2:46:36 PM #28 Phase 38 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 273
Burn process failed at 2x (2,770 KB/s)

2:46:36 PM #29 Text 0 File AudioCompilationImpl.cpp, Line 828
DRM: DRM burn session terminated.

2:46:36 PM #30 Text 0 File AudioCompilationImpl.cpp, Line 857
DRM: Closing entire DRM handling. Bye.

> "Maver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Ok, so I've used DVD shrink 3.1 to compress DVD's and then burn them
> > using the same program. After about 75% burn time, an error pops up
> > and the burn is terminated. Most of the time the DVD plays up until
> > the last 2 or 3 scenes, occassionally the whole thing works fine.
> > I've also tried using DVD Decrypter, going straight to file mode since
> > the ISO and IFO modes don't show up when trying to use dvd shrink
> > afterwards. Whats going on and what can I do to quit wasting these
> > DVD-R's? I've also tried burning directly using Nero and it stopped
> > at the same spot. Is this a security device inside? How can I
> > bypass?

Michael Mason

I am having the same thing happening to me, but that's after burning about
20-30 movies. It analyses the disc OK, encodes it OK (so I think that it
is not a copy protection thing) and proceeds to burn. Only after a
significant period of time do I get the same message that is quoted
earlier in this thread.

As far as I can surmise, it has to be the disc that is causing the
problem... it's causing the burner to choke or something. I'm going to
open another box of blanks to see if the current lot I'm using is bad for
some reason. I went from flawless burning to being 0-5 yesterday.

Any additional tips are appreciated.

Mike

--
Michael "BullDog" Mason - http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Michael Mason

Just a follow-up... it appears to be the disc itself that is causing the
problem. I cracked open a new batch of DVD-Rs and all is well once again.
I guess I got a bad bunch, which explains why I burned 20+ copies
successfully then failed miserably 4-5 times over the weekend. All is
well again, I copied 3 movies last night.

Mike

--

(E-Mail Removed) (Michael Mason) wrote in message news:<ceqsva$6k7$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Just a follow-up... it appears to be the disc itself that is causing the
> problem. I cracked open a new batch of DVD-Rs and all is well once again.
> I guess I got a bad bunch, which explains why I burned 20+ copies
> successfully then failed miserably 4-5 times over the weekend. All is
> well again, I copied 3 movies last night.
>
> Mike
>
> Michael Mason ((E-Mail Removed)) writes:
> > I am having the same thing happening to me, but that's after burning about
> > 20-30 movies. It analyses the disc OK, encodes it OK (so I think that it
> > is not a copy protection thing) and proceeds to burn. Only after a
> > significant period of time do I get the same message that is quoted
> > earlier in this thread.
> >
> > As far as I can surmise, it has to be the disc that is causing the
> > problem... it's causing the burner to choke or something. I'm going to
> > open another box of blanks to see if the current lot I'm using is bad for
> > some reason. I went from flawless burning to being 0-5 yesterday.
> >
> > Any additional tips are appreciated.
> >
> > Mike

Well I guess I'll just have to cough up the extra money and try some
more expensive DVD's. I appreciate your input on the situation.

(E-Mail Removed) (Maver) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> (E-Mail Removed) (Michael Mason) wrote in message news:<ceqsva$6k7$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Just a follow-up... it appears to be the disc itself that is causing the
> > problem. I cracked open a new batch of DVD-Rs and all is well once again.
> > I guess I got a bad bunch, which explains why I burned 20+ copies
> > successfully then failed miserably 4-5 times over the weekend. All is
> > well again, I copied 3 movies last night.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > Michael Mason ((E-Mail Removed)) writes:
> > > I am having the same thing happening to me, but that's after burning about
> > > 20-30 movies. It analyses the disc OK, encodes it OK (so I think that it
> > > is not a copy protection thing) and proceeds to burn. Only after a
> > > significant period of time do I get the same message that is quoted
> > > earlier in this thread.
> > >
> > > As far as I can surmise, it has to be the disc that is causing the
> > > problem... it's causing the burner to choke or something. I'm going to
> > > open another box of blanks to see if the current lot I'm using is bad for
> > > some reason. I went from flawless burning to being 0-5 yesterday.
> > >
> > > Any additional tips are appreciated.
> > >
> > > Mike
> > >

> Well I guess I'll just have to cough up the extra money and try some
> more expensive DVD's. I appreciate your input on the situation.

> > > --
> > > Michael "BullDog" Mason - (E-Mail Removed)

Went out an dbought more expensive DVD's and it actually worked without a hitch!