Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > How to Add / Replace (translate) subtitle stream in a ripped DVD before writing back to DVD-R

How to Add / Replace (translate) subtitle stream in a ripped DVD before writing back to DVD-R

-

Hi to All,

Here is what I would like to do:

Let's say I have Annie Hall original DVD. Unfortunatelly it has only English
subtitles. I like to wath this movie subtitled in my firstl language.

I _do_ know how to rip a DVD and rewrite it to DVD-R. (btw. I use DVD
Shrink)

Suppose, I set DVD-Shrink a bit more compress, so the resulting VIDEO_TS
size not as big to fill all space, so we have space to add something.

Also, I know some of the subtitle rippers, I can extract any stream to a
text script, and translate it.
Now I have the translated text script.

Q: How can I render and add this script to the ripped DVD?

PS: I've reviewed Adobe Encore. As I see it can import subtitles from text
script, but _can_ not "import" complet DVD to edit, so it seems a very time
consuming solution to "re-author" a DVD from the ground

IF anyone has a short, efficiant solution for my task pls help:
How to Add / Replace (translate) subtitle stream in a ripped DVD before
writing back to DVD-R

thx for answers.

Dunno. Got me on that one bud.