Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Sony's new dual-layer burner

Sony's new dual-layer burner

Richard

So this thing is capable of storing the same amount of data as
a dual-layer DVD? What kind of media does it use?

Bill

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> So this thing is capable of storing the same amount of data as
> a dual-layer DVD? What kind of media does it use?

To store that much data, you have to use the Sony with a recordable
dual-layered disc. Sony actually introduced the drive before the blank media
was available to take advantage of that option, I believe.

It can use standard 4.7 gig discs as well.

Impmon

On 28 Jul 2004 16:38:06 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Richard) wrote:

>So this thing is capable of storing the same amount of data as
>a dual-layer DVD? What kind of media does it use?

Not quite. It's still new and emerging so anything can change before
other DVD burner comes out. From what I heard, it burns up to 8.5GB
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

Tarkus

On 7/28/2004 4:38:06 PM, Richard wrote:

> So this thing is capable of storing the same amount of data as
> a dual-layer DVD? What kind of media does it use?

Um, dual-layer media?
--
"Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Now playing: "Various - 09 RICKY MEDLOCKE - Texas Flo"

Biz

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> So this thing is capable of storing the same amount of data as
> a dual-layer DVD? What kind of media does it use?

Dual layer media to be used in a dual layer burner. Who'd a thunk it?