Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > "SIGH"....Best Buy Employees

"SIGH"....Best Buy Employees

LASERandDVDfan

>> Hey, it's anamorphic now.
>
>Guess that really saves this sorry film now doesn't it!

Marvel at how sharp and clear the DVD's anamorphically enhanced transfer shows
those tits! They look so real, you'll just want to lick and kiss the screen
throughout this fine movie!

:-p - Reinhart

LASERandDVDfan

>We walked back to the doors leading to the stockroom and there was a cart
>with several boxes of WS disks sitting there. None of the boxes even had the
>seal broken yet.

That bastard of a stock boy! :-p - Reinhart

Jim Fraas

So they should compress the hell out of them and put all 3 (SW,Empire,and
Jedi) on ONE DVD. in 2.0 only NO EXTRAS AND THE SAME PRICE AS THE 4 DISC WS
SET!

--
A widescreen edition of a movie presents the film frame as it was seen in
the movie theater. This is the version that best preserves the filmmaker's

End of story!
"LASERandDVDfan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >Why does Lucas even bother with a pan &
>>scam release?

> Regrettably, there are still people who insist on a 4:3 version that
> butchers
> the original Panavision presentation just to illuminate every single
> phosphor
> on the screen.
>
> These are the people who just don't care.
> Probably also the kind of people who feel that "proper tv adjustments" are
> those with maximum sharpness, brightness, and contrast settings. -
> Reinhart

LASERandDVDfan

>So they should compress the hell out of them and put all 3 (SW,Empire,and
>Jedi) on ONE DVD. in 2.0 only NO EXTRAS AND THE SAME PRICE AS THE 4 DISC WS
>SET!

YYEESS!!

At most, they'll go widescreen.

At least, Fox and LucasFilm will make a really great profit off of the poor
suckers that actually buy the condensed version! - Reinhart

Brian The Demolition Man Little

LASERandDVDfan wrote:
> Marvel at how sharp and clear the DVD's anamorphically enhanced
> transfer shows those tits! They look so real, you'll just want to
> lick and kiss the screen throughout this fine movie!

LOL!

--
Brian The Demolition Man Little
TNAImpact.com Columnist & Message Board Mod

Waterperson77

>While you are right on this, you know there are bound to be
>less than educated employees who think that FS = the entire
>movie.

yes, but that's understandable because MOST people learned in school that the
definition of "full" is "complete" and "entire" and "whole" and "nothing
missing".

And it's also the dictionary definitions of "full".

so they see the words "full screen" and think "complete movie", "whole movie",
"entire movie, and "none of the movie missing" since it's the 'full" movie.

The Holywood studios should have used some other term to describe it since the
term they use misleads people who have been educated well in the proper way.

Waterperson77

>Especially since BB has a ton of WS TVs on their shelves.

where? I go in Best Buy all the rime and they hardly ever have any widescreen
tv set models for sale at all.

And no, they didn't sell out of them. They just didn't have hardly any for sale
at all.

Surprisingly though, Wal-Mart has had a bunch of widescreen tv set models for
sale for a long time now.

Waterperson77

>And the last time I checked, widescreen versions still outsell P&S
>copies of the same movie by a pretty wide margin at most retailers.

yes, but mosst managers seem to not go by what sells more (widescreen or pan
and scan), but by whether they theirselves prefer widescreen or pan and scan.

I don't know how they ever graduated from their business classes in college
with that kind of attitude.

Waterperson77

>Yeah. I just wish they would - I'm tired of this "choice".

so he wants to denyt people the choice in their own homes.

Just like the big Hollywood movie companies are trying to deny people the right
to fast forward through the ads on dvd's in their own homes.

And the Hollywood companies are legally trying to get the courts to make it a
law where you're no longer allowed to fast forward or miss the ads on dvd's you
watch in your home.

The reason the Hollywood movie companies give for this is because they "are
losing money from people not watching the ads on the dvd's"

If this proposed law passes, you won't be able to fast forward through the ads
on dvd's in your own home because you will miss viewing the ads which causes
the big Hollywood movie companies to lose money they would have otherwise made.
(according to them)

You won't be able to get up to make a sandwich or even go to the bathroom in
your own home while the dvd ads are playing because you will miss viewing the
ads which causes the big Hollywood movie companies to lose money they would
have otherwise made.

And of course this will eventually be expanded to the movie theatres also.

You won't be able to get up to use the restoom during the ads before the movie
starts, because if you do, " you will miss viewing the ads which causes the big
Hollywood movie companies to lose money they would have otherwise have made if
you had viewd them.

And according to the big Hollywood movie comopanies, you do not have any right
at all to be making the big Hollywood movie companies lose money this way by
fast forwarding through the ads on dvd's in your own home, or by getting up to
make a sandwich in your own home while the ads are playing if the place you
make the sandwich is where you can't see the dvd ads, by getting up to go the
batthroom in your own home or to the restroom in the movie theatre while the
ads are playing or getting up to call 911 for an emergency while the ads are
playing if you can't see the ads from where you're using the telephone.

This is outrageous behaviouur by the big Hollywood movie companies as far as
I'm concerned.

I think the big Hollywood movie companies have now gotten way too big for their
britches.

And as such, it is now lkely that I won't be supporting any more Hollywood
films in any way, shape, or form.

There are other forms of entertainment besides movies and tv.

Waterperson77

The big Hollywood movie companies are claiming that fast forwading through the
ads on dvd's" is a copyright violation" and that you not watching the ads on
dvd's "is a copyright violation"

therefore you getting up to make a sandwich or go to the bathroom while the ads
are playing (no matter how bad you have to go) "is a copyright violation"
according to the big Hollywood movie companies.

I don't know how these and simple fast forwarding through ads on dvd's that are
able to be fast forwarded is "a copyright violation" since no copies are being
made.

But then again, two decades ago, Paramount sued one of my local tv stations in
court for "copyright violation" for simply announcing over the show (like many
stations do) even though no copies were made and there was nothing in the
contract between Paramount and the tv station preventing the tv station from
announcing over the show. And Paramount won the case in court!!!!! As a
"copyright violation" even though there were not any copies made!!!!

What I don't understand is why Paramount doesn't sue all the other tv stations
for announcing over the shows, squeezing the credits, etcetera, since they sued
my local station for simply announcing over the program.

Also, since Paramount won this "copyright violation" case in court even though
there weren't any copies made,

this means that "copyright violation" doesn't necessarilly have to involve
making any copies at all, and you can still be prosecuted for "copyright
violation" and lose even though you never made any copies at all, since "simply
announcing over the program is a copyright violation, even though no copies
were made" according to the courts.

Hollywood movie companies have gottten WAY too big for their britches.

Microsoft Employees =?Utf-8?B?am9yZGFu?= MCSD 1 05-03-2005 08:29 AM
Best Buy Employees Hubert Borrmann DVD Video 2 07-29-2004 02:41 AM
To Cisco Employees Diane Cisco 2 05-01-2004 10:21 PM
Met employees today Brat MCSE 35 01-29-2004 05:34 PM

Advertisments