Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > "SIGH"....Best Buy Employees

"SIGH"....Best Buy Employees

Mike Kohary

Shinner wrote:
> Black Locust <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:bl2112-
> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Why does Lucas even bother with a pan &
>> scam release?

> obviously there's money in it...maybe not as much as WS, but still
> profitable.

I think that if fullscreen versions of movies weren't available, they'd sell
just that many more widescreen copies. After a while, it would just be the
de facto standard that every consumer would expect.

Mike

Tarkus

On 7/28/2004 4:51:25 PM, Black Locust wrote:

> In article <1azegee2mxrtd$(E-Mail Removed)9.com>,
> Tarkus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Especially since BB has a ton of WS TVs on their shelves. It makes no
>> sense for them to try and hide WS DVDs.

> Well the original poster said it was just 1 idiot employee who was
> hiding the WS discs. I doubt the rest of the staff was part of it. As
> far as I'm concerned, that employee should be reported to management and
> terminated immediately.

True, but others have speculated that it's part of some evil conspiracy
by BB, along with WM, to rid the world of WS DVDs.
--
"That movie has warped my fragile little mind."

Now playing: "Various - 09 RICKY MEDLOCKE - Texas Flo"

Maverick Dude

luminos wrote:

>I doubt it. They will probably place large quantities
> of Catwoman special deluxe WS edition out when
> it arrives.

I wouldn't bet the ranch on it. I had a similar problem happen to me
when I was trying to find the Explosive Extended Edition of "The Bourne
Identity". After searching at my local mall for a copy, I stumbled upon
a bunch of copies at Sam Goody's. Unfortunately, when I got home, it
turned out to be the "Full Screen" version. I was so excited to find the
EEE of TBI that I didn't stop to check if it was widescreen (the Full
Screen lettering blends in with the picture graphics that you don't
really notice it).

I guess I just took it for granted that all Special Editions will be
Widescreen only. In conclusion, I realized through a web site that I
should have just bought the non-Extended version, since the EEE doesn't
include the commentary or DTS.

I should have done my homework before I did any purchase.

Brian The Demolition Man Little

Maverick Dude wrote:
> I wouldn't bet the ranch on it. I had a similar problem happen to me
> when I was trying to find the Explosive Extended Edition of "The
> Bourne Identity". After searching at my local mall for a copy, I
> stumbled upon a bunch of copies at Sam Goody's. Unfortunately, when I
> got home, it turned out to be the "Full Screen" version. I was so
> excited to find the EEE of TBI that I didn't stop to check if it was
> widescreen (the Full Screen lettering blends in with the picture
> graphics that you don't really notice it).
>
> I should have done my homework before I did any purchase.

Hate to break it to you but the film is not really "extended" at all. Its
the same "alternate" ending that is on the previous DVD, and plus you
lose the DTS track that is on the previous DVD and get a few short
making of's in its place.

No thanks, I won't bite on this scam. I got the previous DVD, its good
enough for me. Plus, I'd rather have the DTS track anyways.

--
Brian The Demolition Man Little
TNAImpact.com Columnist & Message Board Mod

Tony soprano

"Ollie T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:94VNc.59328$(E-Mail Removed)...
> So did you get the DVD?

I guess I forgot to conclude the story huh.

We walked back to the doors leading to the stockroom and there was a cart
with several boxes of WS disks sitting there. None of the boxes even had the
seal broken yet.

so yeah I got the disk.

T.
--
"Logout, that cookie **** makes me nervous!" - Tony Soprano

Shinner

"Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:ce9m56$ssb$(E-Mail Removed):

> I think that if fullscreen versions of movies weren't available,
> they'd sell just that many more widescreen copies. After a while, it
> would just be the de facto standard that every consumer would expect.

that may be, but as long as people are buying FS, they'll keep making
them..but who's gonna turn their back on sure profit versus taking a chance
on the FS crowd maybe buying WS

Mike Kohary

Shinner wrote:
> "Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:ce9m56$ssb$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I think that if fullscreen versions of movies weren't available,
>> they'd sell just that many more widescreen copies. After a while, it
>> would just be the de facto standard that every consumer would expect.

> that may be, but as long as people are buying FS, they'll keep making
> them..but who's gonna turn their back on sure profit versus taking a
> chance on the FS crowd maybe buying WS

Yeah. I just wish they would - I'm tired of this "choice".

Mike

Shinner

"Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:cec07d$pmg$(E-Mail Removed):

> Yeah. I just wish they would - I'm tired of this "choice".

Doesn't keep me awake at night...as long as a WS option is available I'm
happy and could care less if the money men want to fleece the FS fools.

LASERandDVDfan

>Why does Lucas even bother with a pan &
>scam release?

Regrettably, there are still people who insist on a 4:3 version that butchers
the original Panavision presentation just to illuminate every single phosphor
on the screen.

These are the people who just don't care.
Probably also the kind of people who feel that "proper tv adjustments" are
those with maximum sharpness, brightness, and contrast settings. - Reinhart

LASERandDVDfan

>I think that if fullscreen versions of movies weren't available, they'd sell
>just that many more widescreen copies. After a while, it would just be the
>de facto standard that every consumer would expect.

One thing's for sure, if I were to ever make movies and oversaw their release
on home video in general (VHS and DVD), the only version available will be the
widescreen version. - Reinhart

Microsoft Employees =?Utf-8?B?am9yZGFu?= MCSD 1 05-03-2005 08:29 AM
Best Buy Employees Hubert Borrmann DVD Video 2 07-29-2004 02:41 AM
To Cisco Employees Diane Cisco 2 05-01-2004 10:21 PM
Met employees today Brat MCSE 35 01-29-2004 05:34 PM

Advertisments