Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Copying a Region 3 NTSC disc

Copying a Region 3 NTSC disc

Stephen Cooke

Before I go wasting a blank disc on this...does anyone know if a copy of a
DVD made with DVD Shrink will play as Region 0 or Region 1? A friend has
requested a copy of my Region 3 NTSC version of the uncut Eyes Wide Shut,
but I thought I'd ask here before I attempted it and wound up with a disc
he couldn't play.

swac

Biz

"Stephen Cooke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)..
..

> Before I go wasting a blank disc on this...does anyone know if a copy of a
> DVD made with DVD Shrink will play as Region 0 or Region 1? A friend has
> requested a copy of my Region 3 NTSC version of the uncut Eyes Wide Shut,
> but I thought I'd ask here before I attempted it and wound up with a disc
> he couldn't play.
>
> swac

Using the default settings in DVD Shrink, it always makes the discs
region-free, so as long as it is NTSC it should be fine

Goro

"Biz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<XTWMc.135641$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "Stephen Cooke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)..
> .
> >
> > Before I go wasting a blank disc on this...does anyone know if a copy of a
> > DVD made with DVD Shrink will play as Region 0 or Region 1? A friend has
> > requested a copy of my Region 3 NTSC version of the uncut Eyes Wide Shut,
> > but I thought I'd ask here before I attempted it and wound up with a disc
> > he couldn't play.
> >
> > swac
> >

> Using the default settings in DVD Shrink, it always makes the discs
> region-free, so as long as it is NTSC it should be fine

agreed. after you click the BACKUP button, there are tabs available
so you can choose the Region. In EDIT-PREFERENCES, you can choose
Macrovision and PUOPs. i think the deafults are teh "good ones".

-goro-

Copying Region 2 disk to region 1? Bubba DVD Video 0 04-19-2008 04:39 PM
How can I convert a NTSC region 1 to PAL Region 2? kaston3 DVD Video 0 12-25-2006 07:12 PM
NTSC-PAL-NTSC question You DVD Video 4 12-17-2003 08:40 PM
FA Ichi the Killer Region 3 NTSC DVD Orlando DVD Video 6 11-30-2003 09:39 AM
Play NTSC "region 0" on PAL Xbox Uli666 DVD Video 2 07-03-2003 07:30 AM

Advertisments