Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird sort default is never respected (or is it just me?)

Thunderbird sort default is never respected (or is it just me?)

Debbie

Where is the option to make the sort respect the defaults?

You can certainly set my personal sort in Thunderbird to
View->Sort by->DATEESCENDING:THREADED

But, no matter what the default sort order is, when you press the
sort-by-thread icon, your default sort order is totally ignored (try it
with a default sort order of DATEESCENDING:UNTHREADED for example).

This sort button always sorts first by DATE:ASCENDING:THREADED no matter
what sort order you initially had.

Of course, if you click the sort button again, Thunderbird finally sorts by
DATEESCENDING:THREADED
But by then your mailbox has been turned topsy turvy twice.

Worse yet, even though, after a few too many button clicks, you've now
sorted by DATEESCENDING:THREADED, the actual threads themselves are
always sorted by DATE:ASCENDING:THREADED (go figure).

So, this begs the two questions:
1. What is the setting that allows the sort button to sort by
DATEESCENDING:THREADED with a single click of that button?

2. Even with the sort respecting the default set in #1 above, where is the
setting to have each thread sorted by the SAME default (eg
DATEESCENDING:THREADED for each thread)?

Or, is this not possible?
Thank you in advance,
Debbie

JaDawg JaDawg is offline