Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Blocking access to wireless networks

Blocking access to wireless networks

Michael Sovitzky

My client has two Windows XP Pro SP2 machines for tenants. They use a wireless access
point with a firewall to access the internet. The wireless SSID is configured and
works fine on the two machines. However, the tenants are manually connecting to other
wireless networks. I would like to know if there is a way to block users from
manually connecting to other unencrypted wireless networks.

Thank you for your help!
--
Michael Sovitzky, MCSE: W2K
C&G Consulting

Malke

Michael Sovitzky wrote:

> My client has two Windows XP Pro SP2 machines for tenants. They use a
> wireless access point with a firewall to access the internet. The
> wireless SSID is configured and works fine on the two machines.
> However, the tenants are manually connecting to other wireless
> networks. I would like to know if there is a way to block users from
> manually connecting to other unencrypted wireless networks.
>
> Thank you for your help!

Not unless you have control over the tenants' computers and the foreign
unencrypted wireless networks.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers