Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > email I just sent to Deep Discount DVD

email I just sent to Deep Discount DVD

FAQmeister

You have just shipped out the wrong DVD--AGAIN! I bought Carnal
Knowledge but it had a copy of the remake of The Thomas Crown Affair
staring Pierce Brosnan in it, so I returned it. My instructions were
included in the package and I was very clear as to what the problem was:
I want a copy of Carnal Knowledge NOT another copy of The Thomas Crown
Affair.

Am I going to have to pay return postage on this one too? That would
really **** me off.

--
Buford T. Justice
The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:

Criz

At least you have got something.... My last order never turned up and they
resent it 3 times, and I got nothing, so I cancelled the order and placed
another order and this has yet to turn up as well, my brother placed an
order 10 days after my last order and that turned up this morning, and it is
the same address.

DeepDiscountDVD wont be getting any more of my money that is for certain.

"FAQmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cdjdhu$2gj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> You have just shipped out the wrong DVD--AGAIN! I bought Carnal
> Knowledge but it had a copy of the remake of The Thomas Crown Affair
> staring Pierce Brosnan in it, so I returned it. My instructions were
> included in the package and I was very clear as to what the problem was:
> I want a copy of Carnal Knowledge NOT another copy of The Thomas Crown
> Affair.
>
> Am I going to have to pay return postage on this one too? That would
> really **** me off.
>
> --
> Buford T. Justice
> The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
> http://aww-faq.org/dvdfaq.html

Tony

"Criz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40fd6f05$(E-Mail Removed)...
> At least you have got something.... My last order never turned up and

they
> resent it 3 times, and I got nothing, so I cancelled the order and placed
> another order and this has yet to turn up as well, my brother placed an
> order 10 days after my last order and that turned up this morning, and it

is
> the same address.

I already posted my "story" recently, but I had the same thing happen. An
order that supposedly shipped out never arrived. They claimed to have sent
a replacement. It, too, never arrived. Finally I was able to get a refund
and cancel the order.

I know that things get lost in transit, but in the dozens of online orders I
place each year, this was both a first and a second occurence for me.

Tony

Michael Walker

"Criz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40fd6f05$(E-Mail Removed)...
> At least you have got something.... My last order never turned up and

they
> resent it 3 times, and I got nothing, so I cancelled the order and placed
> another order and this has yet to turn up as well, my brother placed an
> order 10 days after my last order and that turned up this morning, and it

is
> the same address.
>
> DeepDiscountDVD wont be getting any more of my money that is for certain.

Huh...my experience with them has been nothing but 100% complete
satisfaction from 10/20/02 to 6/19/04, with 18 orders in between. I guess
it's a strange phenomenon how someone can have such bad luck with a company
while someone else has nothing but good luck.

Wild Coyote

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:14:25 -0500, "Michael Walker"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Criz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:40fd6f05$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> At least you have got something.... My last order never turned up and

>they
>> resent it 3 times, and I got nothing, so I cancelled the order and placed
>> another order and this has yet to turn up as well, my brother placed an
>> order 10 days after my last order and that turned up this morning, and it

>is
>> the same address.
>>
>> DeepDiscountDVD wont be getting any more of my money that is for certain.

>Huh...my experience with them has been nothing but 100% complete
>satisfaction from 10/20/02 to 6/19/04, with 18 orders in between. I guess
>it's a strange phenomenon how someone can have such bad luck with a company
>while someone else has nothing but good luck.

Michael, from 9/19/02 to now I have placed about 100 orders. I have
had just about everything go wrong, but I have always gotten it fixed.
Lost orders, wrong items, they have always fixed them.

--
The Day PP was speechless, April 20, 2004.

"This may actually be the strangest idea ever in abp. I think you got
me, WC--I'm speechless. A guy in a female road runner suit... that's
just not right."

Wild Coyote
wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

Stan Brown

"Criz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
>At least you have got something.... My last order never turned up and they
>resent it 3 times, and I got nothing, so I cancelled the order and placed
>another order and this has yet to turn up as well, my brother placed an
>order 10 days after my last order and that turned up this morning, and it is
>the same address.
>
>DeepDiscountDVD wont be getting any more of my money that is for certain.

I'm with you, but don't you know resistance is futile? Every time
anyone posts a bad experience with DDDVD, its legion of defenders
jumps in to say _they_'ve never had a problem.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Invid Fan

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Stan Brown
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Criz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
> >At least you have got something.... My last order never turned up and they
> >resent it 3 times, and I got nothing, so I cancelled the order and placed
> >another order and this has yet to turn up as well, my brother placed an
> >order 10 days after my last order and that turned up this morning, and it is
> >the same address.
> >
> >DeepDiscountDVD wont be getting any more of my money that is for certain.

> I'm with you, but don't you know resistance is futile? Every time
> anyone posts a bad experience with DDDVD, its legion of defenders
> jumps in to say _they_'ve never had a problem.

If they screw up 1% of the orders, that still leaves lots of people who
get good service. However with you guys leaving them, that means one of
us may be stuck in that 1% next time which is why we try and change
your mind

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

Dan P.

"Stan Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> "Criz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
> >At least you have got something.... My last order never turned up and

they
> >resent it 3 times, and I got nothing, so I cancelled the order and placed
> >another order and this has yet to turn up as well, my brother placed an
> >order 10 days after my last order and that turned up this morning, and it

is
> >the same address.
> >
> >DeepDiscountDVD wont be getting any more of my money that is for certain.

> I'm with you, but don't you know resistance is futile? Every time
> anyone posts a bad experience with DDDVD, its legion of defenders
> jumps in to say _they_'ve never had a problem.

I've never had a problem with them. But really, I haven't.an issue with
them in 7 transactions. Amazon.com is another reliable DVD retailer, just
based on my personal experience.

Also, I don't take the OP's post too seriously since his only other role in
this group has been as a troll whose sole purpose is to start flame wars.

Dan

Stan Brown

"Dan P." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
>I've never had a problem with them. But really, I haven't.an issue with
>them in 7 transactions. Amazon.com is another reliable DVD retailer, just
>based on my personal experience.
>
>Also, I don't take the OP's post too seriously since his only other role in
>this group has been as a troll whose sole purpose is to start flame wars.

Yeah, I know. That's why I didn't respond to him, till someone else
posted a problem. As Sir Humphrey said in /Yes, Minister/, that's
the sort of friend who makes you prefer your enemies.

You and the "1%" fellow ("Invid Fan") point out a real phenomenon:
it's really, really hard to select a retailer based on one's own
experience. Even the best retailer will have some percent of botched
orders; even the worst will have some percent that go through okay.

Suppose store A gets 99.5% of orders right. Out of a million
customers that place 10 orders each, 14 customers will have 3 or
more botched orders each.

Now suppose store B gets 80% of orders right, which I think we would
all agree is pretty bad. Out of a million customers with 10 orders
each, about 322,000 will have 3 or more botched orders. (107,000
will still have 10 perfect orders, even from that bad a retailer.)

The problem is, if you've placed 10 orders and they've all been
trouble free, you don't know whether the true situation is A or B.
If you've placed 10 orders and had three bad botches (as I have),
you don't know whether the true situation is A (and you should stick
with the store anyway) or B (and you should get out while you can).

In the newsgroups we share our experience, but the folks who post
are obviously not a true random sample so we can't draw any
statistically valid conclusion. I will say that no other retailer
seems to arouse as strong feelings both pro and con as DDDVD does.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

FAQmeister

"Wild Coyote" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:14:25 -0500, "Michael Walker"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> "Criz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:40fd6f05$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> At least you have got something.... My last order never turned up
>>> and they resent it 3 times, and I got nothing, so I cancelled the
>>> order and placed another order and this has yet to turn up as well,
>>> my brother placed an order 10 days after my last order and that
>>> turned up this morning, and it is the same address.
>>>
>>> DeepDiscountDVD wont be getting any more of my money that is for
>>> certain.

>> Huh...my experience with them has been nothing but 100% complete
>> satisfaction from 10/20/02 to 6/19/04, with 18 orders in between. I
>> guess it's a strange phenomenon how someone can have such bad luck
>> with a company while someone else has nothing but good luck.
>>

> Michael, from 9/19/02 to now I have placed about 100 orders. I have
> had just about everything go wrong, but I have always gotten it fixed.
> Lost orders, wrong items, they have always fixed them.

Did they ever refund the return shipping costs? I just got this response
from them:

> Thank you for contacting DeepDiscountDVD.com!
> We apologize for any inconvenience. We will ship the correct item upon

receipt.

No offer to pay the return shipping there. I wrote back to say that if
they didn't refund the shipping costs for both returns they would lose
me as a customer. I shouldn't have had to ask.