Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Multi Region Players

Multi Region Players

John McMahon

Please recommend players that will play multi-region.

John

Hans Schlager

On 13.7.2004 13:31, John McMahon wrote:

> Please recommend players that will play multi-region.

Well, it's hard to find DVD players that will _not_ play multi-region.

Karl S

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:31:34 GMT, "John McMahon" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Please recommend players that will play multi-region.

Momitsu V880:
http://www.extremephono.com/momitsu_dvd_v880.htm

Cernovog

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 7:31:34 -0400, John McMahon wrote
(in message <qKPIc.67052$MB3.20569@attbi_s04>):

> Please recommend players that will play multi-region.

Go to your local electronics store -- wherever you prefer to go to buy a DVD
player. Write down all the model numbers they have in stock. Go to
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php and look up the players. See which
ones have multiregion capabilies. Purchase the one you like.

Don't forget to also make sure the DVD player features PAL to NTSC
conversion.

OldNKranky

"Well, it's hard to find DVD players that will _not_ play multi-region."

Hans, that maybe true in Europe, but in the U.S. most players are region
locked and NTSC only.

"Hans Schlager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LdTIc.19668832$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> On 13.7.2004 13:31, John McMahon wrote:
>
> > Please recommend players that will play multi-region.

> Well, it's hard to find DVD players that will _not_ play multi-region.

Stephen Cooke

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Cernovog wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 7:31:34 -0400, John McMahon wrote
> (in message <qKPIc.67052$MB3.20569@attbi_s04>):
>
> > Please recommend players that will play multi-region.

> Go to your local electronics store -- wherever you prefer to go to buy a DVD
> player. Write down all the model numbers they have in stock. Go to
> http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php and look up the players. See which
> ones have multiregion capabilies. Purchase the one you like.
>
> Don't forget to also make sure the DVD player features PAL to NTSC
> conversion.

I recently had this player recommended to me (although I haven't tried one
myself):

http://www.hkflix.com/hardware/xq/as...qx/details.htm

I think this is available at a better price from a Canadian site. Try
Google.

swac

Justin

Stephen Cooke wrote on [Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:45:04 -0300]:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Cernovog wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 7:31:34 -0400, John McMahon wrote
>> (in message <qKPIc.67052$MB3.20569@attbi_s04>):
>>
>> > Please recommend players that will play multi-region.

>> Go to your local electronics store -- wherever you prefer to go to buy a DVD
>> player. Write down all the model numbers they have in stock. Go to
>> http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php and look up the players. See which
>> ones have multiregion capabilies. Purchase the one you like.
>>
>> Don't forget to also make sure the DVD player features PAL to NTSC
>> conversion.

> I recently had this player recommended to me (although I haven't tried one
> myself):
>
> http://www.hkflix.com/hardware/xq/as...qx/details.htm
>
> I think this is available at a better price from a Canadian site. Try
> Google.

$299.95

Hmmm, or if you are in the US you can go to your local Best Buy, or
bestbuy.com, and for about 10% of the price of that one you can pick up
the Cyberhome CH-300, checkout dvdrhelp.com and find the region hack.

Nosferax

"Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
> Stephen Cooke wrote on [Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:45:04 -0300]:
> >
> > On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Cernovog wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 7:31:34 -0400, John McMahon wrote
> >> (in message <qKPIc.67052$MB3.20569@attbi_s04>):

> >> Go to your local electronics store -- wherever you prefer to go to buy

a DVD
> >> player. Write down all the model numbers they have in stock. Go to
> >> http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php and look up the players. See

which
> >> ones have multiregion capabilies. Purchase the one you like.
> >>
> >> Don't forget to also make sure the DVD player features PAL to NTSC
> >> conversion.

> > I recently had this player recommended to me (although I haven't tried

one
> > myself):
> >
> > http://www.hkflix.com/hardware/xq/as...qx/details.htm
> >
> > I think this is available at a better price from a Canadian site. Try
> > Google.

> $299.95
>
> Hmmm, or if you are in the US you can go to your local Best Buy, or
> bestbuy.com, and for about 10% of the price of that one you can pick up
> the Cyberhome CH-300, checkout dvdrhelp.com and find the region hack.

Or in Canada, go to Zeller for the Cyberhome CH-300 $49.99Cdn. I bought one
for my brother last christmas.

Stephen Cooke

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Nosferax wrote:
> "Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit:

> > Hmmm, or if you are in the US you can go to your local Best Buy, or
> > bestbuy.com, and for about 10% of the price of that one you can pick up
> > the Cyberhome CH-300, checkout dvdrhelp.com and find the region hack.

> Or in Canada, go to Zeller for the Cyberhome CH-300 $49.99Cdn. I bought one
> for my brother last christmas.

The only problem is--not that the Cyberhome isn't a fine player for that
price, I have one myself--it doesn't do PAL anamorphic. And there are a
lot of reports over at nerd-out.com that the Cyberhomes have a failure
rate akin to the Apexes. Even mine has started acting strangely on
occasion, but usually shutting the power off and on does the trick.

Any suggestions for the best value player that does PAL *and* Anamorphic?

swac

lrulan

"Stephen Cooke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Nosferax wrote:
> "Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit:

> > Hmmm, or if you are in the US you can go to your local Best Buy, or
> > bestbuy.com, and for about 10% of the price of that one you can pick up
> > the Cyberhome CH-300, checkout dvdrhelp.com and find the region hack.

> Or in Canada, go to Zeller for the Cyberhome CH-300 $49.99Cdn. I bought

one
> for my brother last christmas.

The only problem is--not that the Cyberhome isn't a fine player for that
price, I have one myself--it doesn't do PAL anamorphic. And there are a
lot of reports over at nerd-out.com that the Cyberhomes have a failure
rate akin to the Apexes. Even mine has started acting strangely on
occasion, but usually shutting the power off and on does the trick.

Any suggestions for the best value player that does PAL *and* Anamorphic?

swac

The Cyberhome 500 will do PAL anamorphic correctly. I've had 2 for about 3
years now with no problems. The only drawback it has for me is it will not
play my Panasonic-made discs. Other than that, it will play any other disc I
throw at it. Cost about $79 here in the USA.
--

Irulan
from now until the end of time