Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Logan's Run Question

Reply
Thread Tools

Logan's Run Question

 
 
Brian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-12-2004
Hello..

Has Logan's run been rerated to an R on DVD? Amazon.com shows it as an R
rating..the Love shop scene was pretty daring for an PG film but thought it
would be PG-13 at the most.

Brian


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Douglas Bailey
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-12-2004
Brian wrote:
> Has Logan's run been rerated to an R on DVD? Amazon.com shows it as an R
> rating..the Love shop scene was pretty daring for an PG film but thought it
> would be PG-13 at the most.


It's still rated PG: see the back cover of the current R1 edition at

http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/2787bh.jpg

The PG rating logo is at the bottom, just to the right of the DVD and R1
logos.

doug

--
"It's a semi-automatic; get in the car..."
--The Sisters of Mercy
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Michael Black
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hello..
>
> Has Logan's run been rerated to an R on DVD? Amazon.com shows it as an R
> rating..the Love shop scene was pretty daring for an PG film but thought it
> would be PG-13 at the most.
>
> Brian


I got a copy a few months ago, but it's not here at the moment so I can't
tell you what the rating on the box is.

I saw the film when it first came out, in 1976, and maybe once or twice
within a couple of years of that, but I haven't seen it in a long time.
I thought something was missing from the DVD, but I honestly can't say
if that's true, or simply because the lovely Jenny Agutter was quite
potent when I was the age I was when the film came out. In other words,
my memory of explicit scenes may be because I'd not seen anything much
up to then, and not having seen the movie in recent decades, the memory
has not been diminished.

Michael
 
Reply With Quote
 
Michael Rogers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
Daring but edited down from the version the director hoped for and it
was edited down specifically to get a PG rating. Also edited was a scene
where Box Ice sculpts Logan and Jessica in a nude embrace (look at the
trailer for a snippet them almost kissing from that scene).

The "director's cut" was only shown publicly at a Sci-Fi con and the
extra footage that was cut is belived to be destroyed (except for
snippets from trailers and promo films).

Mike

Brian wrote:
>
> Hello..
>
> Has Logan's run been rerated to an R on DVD? Amazon.com shows it as an R
> rating..the Love shop scene was pretty daring for an PG film but thought it
> would be PG-13 at the most.
>
> Brian

 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
Ok..they have changed it then...I did see it as R at one time!

"Douglas Bailey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:q8to3vzil3xn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Brian wrote:
> > Has Logan's run been rerated to an R on DVD? Amazon.com shows it as an R
> > rating..the Love shop scene was pretty daring for an PG film but thought

it
> > would be PG-13 at the most.

>
> It's still rated PG: see the back cover of the current R1 edition at
>
> http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/2787bh.jpg
>
> The PG rating logo is at the bottom, just to the right of the DVD and R1
> logos.
>
> doug
>
> --
> "It's a semi-automatic; get in the car..."
> --The Sisters of Mercy



 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
I never saw Jenny in much else...American Werewolf in London and that's
about it...

"Michael Black" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Hello..
> >
> > Has Logan's run been rerated to an R on DVD? Amazon.com shows it as an R
> > rating..the Love shop scene was pretty daring for an PG film but thought

it
> > would be PG-13 at the most.
> >
> > Brian

>
> I got a copy a few months ago, but it's not here at the moment so I can't
> tell you what the rating on the box is.
>
> I saw the film when it first came out, in 1976, and maybe once or twice
> within a couple of years of that, but I haven't seen it in a long time.
> I thought something was missing from the DVD, but I honestly can't say
> if that's true, or simply because the lovely Jenny Agutter was quite
> potent when I was the age I was when the film came out. In other words,
> my memory of explicit scenes may be because I'd not seen anything much
> up to then, and not having seen the movie in recent decades, the memory
> has not been diminished.
>
> Michael



 
Reply With Quote
 
Michael Black
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2004
"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I never saw Jenny in much else...American Werewolf in London and that's
> about it...
>

I'm not sure I saw her in anything else, either. I was very tempted
to go see Equus when it came out, merely because she was in it.

She plays the farm lass in "The Eagle Has Landed" but I only saw
that years after it came out.

I know after Logan's Run, I kept noticing her name. And I thought
I'd seen her in something in recent years, though I can't remember
what.

Michael

> "Michael Black" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > > Hello..
> > >
> > > Has Logan's run been rerated to an R on DVD? Amazon.com shows it as an R
> > > rating..the Love shop scene was pretty daring for an PG film but thought

> it
> > > would be PG-13 at the most.
> > >
> > > Brian

> >
> > I got a copy a few months ago, but it's not here at the moment so I can't
> > tell you what the rating on the box is.
> >
> > I saw the film when it first came out, in 1976, and maybe once or twice
> > within a couple of years of that, but I haven't seen it in a long time.
> > I thought something was missing from the DVD, but I honestly can't say
> > if that's true, or simply because the lovely Jenny Agutter was quite
> > potent when I was the age I was when the film came out. In other words,
> > my memory of explicit scenes may be because I'd not seen anything much
> > up to then, and not having seen the movie in recent decades, the memory
> > has not been diminished.
> >
> > Michael

 
Reply With Quote
 
Michael Black
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2004
"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I never saw Jenny in much else...American Werewolf in London and that's
> about it...
>

I'm not sure I saw her in anything else, either. I was very tempted
to go see Equus when it came out, merely because she was in it.

She plays the farm lass in "The Eagle Has Landed" but I only saw
that years after it came out.

I know after Logan's Run, I kept noticing her name. And I thought
I'd seen her in something in recent years, though I can't remember
what.

Michael

> "Michael Black" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > > Hello..
> > >
> > > Has Logan's run been rerated to an R on DVD? Amazon.com shows it as an R
> > > rating..the Love shop scene was pretty daring for an PG film but thought

> it
> > > would be PG-13 at the most.
> > >
> > > Brian

> >
> > I got a copy a few months ago, but it's not here at the moment so I can't
> > tell you what the rating on the box is.
> >
> > I saw the film when it first came out, in 1976, and maybe once or twice
> > within a couple of years of that, but I haven't seen it in a long time.
> > I thought something was missing from the DVD, but I honestly can't say
> > if that's true, or simply because the lovely Jenny Agutter was quite
> > potent when I was the age I was when the film came out. In other words,
> > my memory of explicit scenes may be because I'd not seen anything much
> > up to then, and not having seen the movie in recent decades, the memory
> > has not been diminished.
> >
> > Michael

 
Reply With Quote
 
Andrew.Venor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2004
Michael Black wrote:
> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
>
>>I never saw Jenny in much else...American Werewolf in London and that's
>>about it...
>>

>
> I'm not sure I saw her in anything else, either. I was very tempted
> to go see Equus when it came out, merely because she was in it.
>
> She plays the farm lass in "The Eagle Has Landed" but I only saw
> that years after it came out.
>
> I know after Logan's Run, I kept noticing her name. And I thought
> I'd seen her in something in recent years, though I can't remember
> what.
>
> Michael


Well, if you want to see "all" of a young Ms Agutter check out the 1971
film Walkabout. Though I found the films message of nature good,
civilization bad got laid a little too thick.

ALV

 
Reply With Quote
 
Galley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2004
On 13 Jul 2004 21:17:54 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Michael Black) spewed forth
these words of wisdom:


>
>I know after Logan's Run, I kept noticing her name. And I thought
>I'd seen her in something in recent years, though I can't remember
>what.
>
> Michael
>


She has more than 60 entries in her IMDB filmography, so it appears she has kept
busy.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000256/

--
"I'm not a cool person in real life, but I play one on the Internet"
Galley
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exception in GUI Run but not in Simple RUN Andrea9 Java 1 10-20-2006 12:54 PM
What is the difference of modelsim command run -continue and run -all rxjwg98@gmail.com VHDL 2 09-05-2006 02:14 PM
Can't Run 'RUN' Windows XP Home Luke O'Malley Computer Support 2 09-01-2005 11:38 PM
can run javascript can't run vbscript - WHY duncan ASP .Net 2 10-27-2004 09:31 AM
Anybody remember, Run Buddy Run and Second Hundred Years? Tom McCafferty DVD Video 5 10-02-2004 09:15 PM



Advertisments